PDA

View Full Version : Democratic senator calls for Holder to resign

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 09:36 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/07/manchin-calls-for-holder-to-resign/?test=latestnews

Sen. Joe Manchin said Friday he thinks Attorney General Eric Holder should resign in the wake of a series of scandals involving surveillance of reporters for Fox News and The Associated Press.
"Let me just say that ... any public official -- no matter whether it be the attorney general or anybody in public office -- whenever you feel that you have lost your effectiveness, or may be losing your effectiveness, to the detriment of the job that you do, even though you're a good, honest, sincere, hardworking person, you have to evaluate that and make a decision," the West Virginia Democrat said on Bloomberg TV's "Political Capital with Al Hunt."
"And I think we're at the time now where decisions have to be made," he added. "I just think that, basically, in light of what is going on in the country and everybody looking at it -- it might be the most well-intended person with the best of intentions, but if they're not being effective and they're not being received, how effective is it and how good is it for the country?"

even the hard core Dems are losing faith. About f-ing time.

BillyBob
06-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Obama will figure out a way to reward Holder if he resigns. Look how Rice was rewarded for her loyalty.

Anyone wanna bet that Obama has his sights set on the UN once he's no longer POTUS? Dictator of the US isn't enough...

jimnyc
06-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Sure, after holding steady throughout the lies of Fast and Furious, and then remaining mum on Benghazi and then the AP and then IRS.... Holder will once again investigate his own department and clear himself and his cronies of any wrongdoing.

At first I thought this administration was just full of politicians I disagreed with. Then I started to think they were inept at their jobs. Then I started to think they lied a bit and covered up a few things. Now I see them covering up, and doing so via force on others, and acting like Chicago Thugs. And sadly, there are still many supporting the way they operate. They sit back and blame all the woes on the Republicans still, and their supporters eat it up as fact. The man has been gone for 5 years. Not a single person on Earth still believes any of the shit sandwiches they are serving are created by GWB. But they use that excuse anyway, as nothing else works.

"For the first time in my adult life I am embarrassed to be an American".

red states rule
06-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Joe Manchin can possibly expect an IRS audit and Rev Al, Jesse, and the usual gang of idiots at MSNBC to tag him a southern racist

Oh and all his phones, computers, and those of his family - to be tapped as a possible enemy of the state