PDA

View Full Version : Atheists Slam High School Valedictorian For "Inflicting" Prayer Upon Graduation Audie

Jeff
06-09-2013, 07:17 AM
A couple of days ago I posted how the Valedictorian at a HS threw away his speech and resited the Lords Prayer instead , well as I knew would happen a atheist ( probably not even in attendance ) has a problem with it and it makes news , How crazy is that , In the first article it stated how the kid saying the Lords Prayer got a great applause but one nit wit gets news time

Atheists are an interesting bunch, in that they don’t believe in a God, but are militant in their non-belief. You would think that someone who didn’t believe in God would not have much of a care as to what goes on in everyone else’s lives; yet they cannot seem to stop intruding. They throw tantrums whenever religion is brought up; whether it is brought up in public schools, courthouses, or universities. They can’t stand that people believe in God; it preys on their minds. In response, they form groups like the Freedom From Religion Foundation, so that faith can be squashed through legal means.

http://lastresistance.com/2255/atheists-slam-high-school-valedictorian-for-inflicting-prayer-upon-graduation-audience/
<iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/33260492/300x250LR_0" name="google_ads_iframe_/33260492/300x250LR_0" width="300" height="250" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; outline: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: bottom;"></iframe>

Missileman
06-09-2013, 07:37 AM
A couple of days ago I posted how the Valedictorian at a HS threw away his speech and resited the Lords Prayer instead , well as I knew would happen a atheist ( probably not even in attendance ) has a problem with it and it makes news , How crazy is that , In the first article it stated how the kid saying the Lords Prayer got a great applause but one nit wit gets news time

Atheists are an interesting bunch, in that they don’t believe in a God, but are militant in their non-belief. You would think that someone who didn’t believe in God would not have much of a care as to what goes on in everyone else’s lives; yet they cannot seem to stop intruding. They throw tantrums whenever religion is brought up; whether it is brought up in public schools, courthouses, or universities. They can’t stand that people believe in God; it preys on their minds. In response, they form groups like the Freedom From Religion Foundation, so that faith can be squashed through legal means.

http://lastresistance.com/2255/atheists-slam-high-school-valedictorian-for-inflicting-prayer-upon-graduation-audience/
<iframe style="border-width: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; vertical-align: bottom;" id="google_ads_iframe_/33260492/300x250LR_0" height="250" marginHeight="0" frameBorder="0" width="300" name="google_ads_iframe_/33260492/300x250LR_0" marginWidth="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Those idiots don't represent all atheists any more than Phelps represent all Christians.

red states rule
06-09-2013, 07:37 AM
http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/135970320828033.jpg

hjmick
06-09-2013, 09:11 AM
The folks at the commencement didn't seem to mind. Not sure what the big deal is...

And this comes from a self proclaimed borderline Atheist...

Of course, I do tend to be tolerant and understanding of the whole faith thing... Must be my Catholic upbringing...

red states rule
06-09-2013, 09:21 AM
The folks at the commencement didn't seem to mind. Not sure what the big deal is...

Of course, I do tend to be tolerant and understanding of the whole faith thing... Must be my Catholic upbringing...

Thanksgiving and Christmas wil be here before you know it

and of course, the "offended" will wage their annual wars on both holidays

hjmick
06-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanksgiving and Christmas wil be here before you know it

and of course, the "offended" will wage their annual wars on both holidays

Is Thanksgiving a religious holiday? I thought it was a football holiday...

You see, I'm not bothered by any of the holidays. Hell, I even participate... My wife does not hold to the same belief system as I. If I could do away with Christmas, I would, but not for any religious or lack there of reason. Just because it's a hassle. I keep telling the Mrs. that, if she really wants to do it, we should celebrate Christmas at the end of January, take advantage of all the sales...

red states rule
06-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Is Thanksgiving a religious holiday? I thought it was a football holiday...

You see, I'm not bothered by any of the holidays. Hell, I even participate... My wife does not hold to the same belief system as I. If I could do away with Christmas, I would, but not for any religious or lack there of reason. Just because it's a hassle. I keep telling the Mrs. that, if she really wants to do it, we should celebrate Christmas at the end of January, take advantage of all the sales...

What does happen on Thanksgiving is that libs and the liberal media will try an make you feel guily for having "so much" while so many have "so little"

gabosaurus
06-09-2013, 10:28 AM
A commencement address at a public high school is no place to inject religious viewpoints. If I went to a Catholic high school commencement and start pontificating about naughty priests, I doubt they would stand for it.
Meaning: I wasn't allowed to do my math homework in church, why should anyone be permitted to preach in school?

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Are some of these atheists that weak that simply hearing a prayer does long term damage to them? LOL Not a damn thing happened to them and everyone knows it. Turn on the TV, go outside, go to any store - we ALL hear things every single day that we don't want to hear. This isn't about hearing a less than a minute long prayer - this is about a rare atheist who doesn't just not believe, but has hatred and intolerance in them. Not all atheists I know will bust a gut and consider themselves harmed if they simply heard a prayer - no more than a Christian hearing an atheist ranting about how no God exists.

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 10:30 AM
A commencement address at a public high school is no place to inject religious viewpoints. If I went to a Catholic high school commencement and start pontificating about naughty priests, I doubt they would stand for it.
Meaning: I wasn't allowed to do my math homework in church, why should anyone be permitted to preach in school?

Saying a short prayer is not preaching.

gabosaurus
06-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Saying a short prayer is not preaching.

ANY sort of prayer is preaching. Especially when it is followed by religious diatribe.

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 10:35 AM
ANY sort of prayer is preaching. Especially when it is followed by religious diatribe.

So now speaking the "Lords Prayer" and such is diatribe? Funny how sometimes you will speak of Christianity and even prayer - but when it collides with your liberal sensibilities - then it suddenly becomes diatribe? You're a fake.

gabosaurus
06-09-2013, 10:38 AM
So now speaking the "Lords Prayer" and such is diatribe? Funny how sometimes you will speak of Christianity and even prayer - but when it collides with your liberal sensibilities - then it suddenly becomes diatribe? You're a fake.

Read the original speech. Also, try to wrap your head around the concept that prayer is not permitted in public school (except during exams :p ). Wrong is wrong.

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Read the original speech. Also, try to wrap your head around the concept that prayer is not permitted in public school (except during exams :p ). Wrong is wrong.

Prayer IS permitted in public school. We just hear about Christians continually being denied via ways that others sensibilities may be offended, but prayer IS allowed in public schools.

gabosaurus
06-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Prayer IS permitted in public school. We just hear about Christians continually being denied via ways that others sensibilities may be offended, but prayer IS allowed in public schools.

Unless it is a Muslim prayer, of course. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2013, 10:47 AM

Of course, I do tend to be tolerant and understanding of the whole faith thing... Must be my Catholic upbringing... Must be your good sense and embracing of higher principles. I am sure you know that Western civilization functions better when Christian morals are actually and truly promoted in a culture. Unlike Islam, Christian principles/goal does not include government takeover and forced conversion.-Tyr

Voted4Reagan
06-09-2013, 10:51 AM

Why do you always Pick on Catholics Gabby? Why are they your biggest Target?

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Unless it is a Muslim prayer, of course. :rolleyes:

And yet the ONLY mention I hear lately of a school actually making an accommodation for a religion to pray - are the Muslim kids actually allowed to leave class time in order to go pray. And if they allowed all, I would fully support the decision. I have NO problem with a Muslim praying, idiot.

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 11:02 AM

Ask her what religion she claims to be a part of.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I suspect that you were not allowed to do much homework at all. If you had been quite possible that you wouldn't be adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 11 so damn often. -Tyr

aboutime
06-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I suspect that you were not allowed to do much homework at all. If you had been quite possible that you wouldn't be adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 11 so damn often. -Tyr

Tyr. From all I have seen, and heard from our five grand children. It sounds like gabby had trouble with the PRE-SCHOOL homework, and got failing grades in everything. Give her a break. She literally, can't help it.

hjmick
06-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Must be your good sense and embracing of higher principles. I am sure you know that Western civilization functions better when Christian morals are actually and truly promoted in a culture. Unlike Islam, Christian principles/goal does not include government takeover and forced conversion.-Tyr

I do honestly believe that it is my early exposure to the Catholic faith and Christian principles that have provided me with a solid moral foundation, despite my current lack of faith.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Those idiots don't represent all atheists any more than Phelps represent all Christians.

Then just like those supposed "non-Muslim" Muslim terrorists, other atheists need to publicly condemn them, and stop sending money to the ACLU.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Love this from the article:
While those who believe in God hold to a morality that is universal, and standard; atheists have no such luxury. Without an overseer, they live in a world of subjective morality; morality defined by themselves. Within this self-defined morality lies an infinite, and ever expanding definition of right and wrong. One person’s black will be someone else’s white; and there can be no judgment, because there is no higher standard by which they can be judged.

gabosaurus
06-09-2013, 06:49 PM

Why do some of you always pick on Muslims? Because they are NAUGHTY BAD people! :bunny4:

Gaffer
06-09-2013, 07:11 PM
The complainer is not a true atheist, he's a communist posing as an atheist. That or he's a vampire and it hurt his widdle head to hear a prayer.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2013, 07:16 PM
I do honestly believe that it is my early exposure to the Catholic faith and Christian principles that have provided me with a solid moral foundation, despite my current lack of faith. You would know my friend. Such moral principles are inline with man's soul and spirit . Although it be a fallen spirit that embraced evil and has been plagued by that great adversary ever since. --Tyr

Voted4Reagan
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Why do some of you always pick on Muslims? Because they are NAUGHTY BAD people! :bunny4:
To answer a question with a question shows a lack of cognitive ability. It shows a lack of ability to reason and debate.

To deflect from the question by trying to create an argument of equivalence is lazy and trollish.

Will you now answer my original questiion...

What is your problem with Catholics and why do you specifically target them?

I have treated you with courtesy and respect and expect the same Gabby.

Missileman
06-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Then just like those supposed "non-Muslim" Muslim terrorists, other atheists need to publicly condemn them, and stop sending money to the ACLU.

I believe I already have.

aboutime
06-09-2013, 08:38 PM

Gabby. If you behave...nobody will have any reason to pick on you.

Jeff
06-10-2013, 02:37 PM

Gaby I agree with you wrong is wrong but the kid got applause from his fellow classmates and those in attendance, maybe it is time to stop trying to being so politically correct and go back to the way it was, and lets not forget just last week I posted a thread where a school is allowing Muslim prayer time and I honestly don't remember your rant on what is wrong is wrong when that was being debated :dunno:

Jeff
06-10-2013, 02:46 PM
The complainer is not a true atheist, he's a communist posing as an atheist. That or he's a vampire and it hurt his widdle head to hear a prayer.

Seems to me most atheist are just against everything that is righteous in this country and lets face it it isn't just atheist it is the fake liberals and yes atheist are and liberals are more times than not the same , they simply want anything that this country was founded on destroyed , they are crusaders against all that is right , they want to be heard but most times contradict themselves

aboutime
06-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Gaby I agree with you wrong is wrong but the kid got applause from his fellow classmates and those in attendance, maybe it is time to stop trying to being so politically correct and go back to the way it was, and lets not forget just last week I posted a thread where a school is allowing Muslim prayer time and I honestly don't remember your rant on what is wrong is wrong when that was being debated :dunno:

Jeff. That's how Double-standards, and Hypocrisy work for the mentally challenged who profess to be enlightened Liberal, whackjobs.

fj1200
06-10-2013, 02:56 PM

They're no longer in school. They graduated and presumably are able to think for themselves and are no longer treated with the kids gloves of primary education.

cadet
06-10-2013, 04:43 PM
I like how atheists are always screaming "BE MORE SENSITIVE TO MY BELIEF"
And not looking in the mirror with that statement.

aboutime
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM

cadet. How can they scream something like that when....THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING????

BillyBob
06-10-2013, 07:03 PM
A commencement address at a public high school is no place to inject religious viewpoints.

Why not? Which other viewpoints shouldn't be allowed?

If I went to a Catholic high school commencement and start pontificating about naughty priests, I doubt they would stand for it.

Why should they?

And how does that equate to saying a prayer?

Meaning: I wasn't allowed to do my math homework in church,

Something tells me that didn't stop you. Perhaps you should have paid more attention to the sermon.....just sayin'.

why should anyone be permitted to preach in school?

Saying a prayer is the same as preaching? Have you ever been to church? Oh yeah, that's where you did your math homework....nevermind.

BillyBob
06-10-2013, 07:03 PM

Liberalism only flows in one direction.

cadet
06-10-2013, 09:16 PM
cadet. How can they scream something like that when....THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING????

Atheist; a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Pompous ass-theist; believing that not believing is better then believing and having the overwhelming urge to shove it down your throat.

I'm sorry, I meant the second one :laugh:

Noir
06-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Atheist; a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. Pompous ass-theist; believing that not believing is better then believing and having the overwhelming urge to shove it down your throat. I'm sorry, I meant the second one :laugh:

Out of curiosity, does that go both ways? As in, about theists who believe that having belief is better than not, and like to shove it down others throats?

cadet
06-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Out of curiosity, does that go both ways? As in, about theists who believe that having belief is better than not, and like to shove it down others throats?

I think there's quite a difference between asking someone about God and bashing someone.

Noir
06-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I think there's quite a difference between asking someone about God and bashing someone.

Does telling someone they and their lived ones are going to hell count as 'bashing'?

cadet
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O-Ez4dW8LM

^^^^^^^^Your typical atheist. So insecure with their lack of God in their life, that they feel the need to bash you.

Your typical christian just wants to be nice to you. In fact, I typed in atheist bashing and I found a whole crap ton of these types of videos.

Know what I found when I typed in Christian bashing? More atheists bashing Christians. And When I refined it, and wrote christian bashing atheists, I found none. I did find "Stop christian bashing" though.

cadet
06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Does telling someone they and their lived ones are going to hell count as 'bashing'?

Well, I assume if they're being an ass about it. But I wouldn't count it if they look at it if they're just trying to not see you in pain.

Ex) "You're going to burn in hell you atheist asshole!"
vs. "I just don't want to see you end up in hell..."

fj1200
06-11-2013, 01:29 PM
^^^^^^^^Your typical atheist.

Your typical atheist feels the need to make YouTube videos?

cadet
06-11-2013, 01:32 PM

You know what I mean. All the ones I know feel the need to shove their non-belief down your throat.
From facebook alone, i know waaaay to much about "atheist memes" and all those stupid pages. They're always copying them.

One gal I know gets her kicks by going to churches and yelling at them for their stupid belief.

jimnyc
06-11-2013, 01:33 PM

I don't know who uploaded that particular video - but the guy in it? Oh man, he's everywhere. You should see the Islamic crap he rambles on about. He hates ALL religions and spends every waking hour of his life making videos for services all over the internet. He's a hating internet whore!

fj1200
06-11-2013, 01:39 PM
You know what I mean. All the ones I know feel the need to shove their non-belief down your throat.
From facebook alone, i know waaaay to much about "atheist memes" and all those stupid pages. They're always copying them.

One gal I know gets her kicks by going to churches and yelling at them for their stupid belief.

I don't know who uploaded that particular video - but the guy in it? Oh man, he's everywhere. You should see the Islamic crap he rambles on about. He hates ALL religions and spends every waking hour of his life making videos for services all over the internet. He's a hating internet whore!

I just don't like equating the atypical with the typical. Let the other side do the broad brushing.

Noir
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O-Ez4dW8LM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O-Ez4dW8LM) ^^^^^^^^Your typical atheist. So insecure with their lack of God in their life, that they feel the need to bash you. Your typical christian just wants to be nice to you. In fact, I typed in atheist bashing and I found a whole crap ton of these types of videos. Know what I found when I typed in Christian bashing? More atheists bashing Christians. And When I refined it, and wrote christian bashing atheists, I found none. I did find "Stop christian bashing" though.

Yep, thats a typical everyday athiest alright xD