PDA

View Full Version : Why 100 Former Muslims Converted to Christianity

Marcus Aurelius
06-09-2013, 05:05 PM
http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2013/04/why-muslims-convert-to-christianity.html

As an answer, McKnight points to a survey of 100 former Muslims (http://biblicalmissiology.org/2013/04/08/factors-leading-to-conversion-of-muslims-to-christ/) by Georges Houssney, founder and president of Horizons International, that attempts to understand the factors that led to their conversion to Christianity.

The vast majority of respondents—who were mostly moderate Muslims (40%) or nominal Muslims (40%) before their conversions (20% were self-described "fanatics")—said they viewed their relationship with Allah as based on fear or duty. Equal percentages (55%) said they viewed Islam primarily as a cultural system vs. a religious system. Today, 9 in 10 respondents say they believe they now are worshiping a different God than Allah.
So what do they think distinguishes God from Allah? Nearly 3 in 4 respondents emphasized love as the most meaningful characteristic of the Christian God. Meanwhile, 25 percent cited God's forgiveness.
And love appears to be extremely influential when it comes to evangelism as well. More than 8 in 10 respondents cited "the love of Christians as one major factor" in their conversion, and 6 in 10 cited it as the only factor. Only 30 percent cited "disappointment with Islam." Meanwhile, 25 percent say they were drawn to Christ by dreams or visions.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Nice to read, but the unfortunate truth is many more are being converted to Islam in prisons very day.

Marcus Aurelius
06-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Nice to read, but the unfortunate truth is many more are being converted to Islam in prisons very day.

Hopefully they'll stay in prison.

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Honestly, whether any of them converted to Christianity or not doesn't matter to me. More interesting to me are those who simply leave Islam and then have stories of abuse to tell. And sure, you'll hear stories of Christians and others converting to Islam, but you won't be reading all of the abuse stories and how they had to leave the country they lived in for their own safety. It's like a cult in some places. Reminds me of a movie I saw called "Blood In, Blood Out", where the only way out of the sick gang was by death.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Nice to read, but the unfortunate truth is many more are being converted to Islam in prisons very day. A fact that reveals much about Islam does it not. Heavy recruiting of that class of people is exactly suited for what they want new recruits to do. That is violence upon all --WE-- non-believers. As a non-believer I've prepared to fully meet that violence with a helluva a measure of my own!! Nobody no matter what religion will get to harm my family without feeling the wrath that I have within me. As a Christian should that send me straight to hell so be it!!!! I'd do it regardless. My father and grandfather shall never be ashamed of the son and grandson they taught. Be firm and fair always but always be a fighter. I was taught that, the shame/dishonor is in not standing up for what is good and right. O' yes they would seek to murder me and my kind first , before any others. I accept that and they should know when the shat hits the fan I am prepared to return the favor. As no person or thing gets to harm my family without me moving heaven and earth to utterly destroy it regardless of what it does to me. --Tyr