PDA

View Full Version : Strikethrough

jimnyc
06-11-2013, 06:42 PM
I am going to strike out this line manually, as I edited another post that had it and saw the code to do so, which is an opening S and closing.

But is there a button to do so that I am missing? Those who have used strikethrough before, did you do so manually as I did?

Missileman
06-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I am going to strike out this line manually, as I edited another post that had it and saw the code to do so, which is an opening S and closing.

But is there a button to do so that I am missing? Those who have used strikethrough before, did you do so manually as I did?

Manually...and I had to look up how to. I would think it would be a snap to make a button to do it though. Should work just like the wrap quote button.

Marcus Aurelius
06-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Jim...

FYI.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-legacy-versions-products/legacy-vbulletin-versions/vbulletin-3-5-how-do-i-questions-and-troubleshooting/193288-what-is-the-strike-through-or-line-through-code-for-posts?

BillyBob
06-11-2013, 07:24 PM

Manually. It's not very time consuming. Same with images, quotes, videos, changed quotes etc.

jimnyc
06-11-2013, 07:39 PM
LOL it is there. It wasn't until I went to add the image that I realized it looked familiar. Bottom row of icons above where you post, last one to the right. It's an A with a line through it.

jimnyc
06-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Circled in red in the screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/8800/strikeo.jpg

BillyBob
06-11-2013, 07:46 PM
LOL it is there. It wasn't until I went to add the image that I realized it looked familiar. Bottom row of icons above where you post, last one to the right. It's an A with a line through it.

Oh, see, and I thought that was some kind of pagan symbolism and avoided it like V4R avoids christian women.

Still, it's not hard to do it manually, just ask Marcus.

Hey Now!!!! :dance:

jimnyc
06-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Oh, see, and I thought that was some kind of pagan symbolism and avoided it like V4R avoids christian women.

Still, it's not hard to do it manually, just ask Marcus.

Hey Now!!!! :dance:

Why the need to bring in others to insult? Never mind, you can't reply as I removed you from this thread.

Marcus Aurelius
06-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Circled in red in the screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/8800/strikeo.jpg

was that always there, or did you just add it?

jimnyc
06-11-2013, 08:39 PM
was that always there, or did you just add it?

Nope, always there. I think we were just blind to it. I actually edited an earlier post today to see how the member did it, and still didn't understand. It wasn't until I went to add the bbcode, and it told me it existed already. It had a link to the image used, and as soon as I saw it I remembered.

Even worse, I ran my mouse over it like 700 times, and it states to use it to wrap [s] around the selected text, but being it didn't say "strikethrough", I just went on past it.

fj1200
06-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Nope, always there.

For yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrssss :poke: it's been there. It causes quite the heartache when used effectively too. ;)

PostmodernProphet
06-13-2013, 07:10 AM
good lord there's a button that types "quote".....I've been doing that manually all this time!

lol

I notice the button isn't there if you just hit reply.....you need to "Go Advanced"......

Marcus Aurelius
06-13-2013, 07:22 AM
lol

I notice the button isn't there if you just hit reply.....you need to "Go Advanced"......

The A with the strike line button? I see it if I hit Reply To Thread, or Reply with Quote. I don't seem to need to hit Go Advanced.