PDA

View Full Version : Newt Rips "Dysfunctional Administration"

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 01:25 AM
This will go down well in the history of the rEpublican leadership abilities and skills.

Former House Speaker Says President 'Means Well'

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, who is considering a run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, said Sunday that President George W. Bush is leading an administration that "is not functioning. It's not getting the job done."

"Republicans need to confront this reality," Gingrich said. "The key question is: Is somebody prepared to stand up and say that the American people deserve fundamental change in Washington?"

"I've warned all last year that I suspected we were drifting into a catastrophic defeat," Gingrich said. "I don't see any other way to read '06 except it was a defeat. And if we don't have a serious, open discussion of where we are, I don't see how we're going to change."

Citing the war in Iraq, immigration policies and the response to Hurricane Katrina, Gingrich described Bush as "well meaning," but not able to deliver on policies and promises.

More: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/13437163/detail.html

Newt should have been neutered when you had the chance.

06-05-2007, 01:26 AM
So you disagree with Newt and think the President is doing a good job?

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Why do I have to choose and see everybody lose?

Reframe your stupidass question and get back with me when you are more sober, a4321.

06-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Why do I have to choose and see everybody lose?

Reframe your stupidass question and get back with me when you are more sober, a4321.

i dont drink, unlike you.

The question is completely valid as it is. You are insulting Newt, telling us how wrong he is. And he is criticizing the President and what he does. the only logical conclusion is that you think Newt is wrong for his criticism of the President. So is President Bush doing a good job or is Newt right?

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 03:29 AM
What are you smokin', a4321?

i dont drink, unlike you.

The question is completely valid as it is. You are insulting Newt, telling us how wrong he is. And he is criticizing the President and what he does. the only logical conclusion is that you think Newt is wrong for his criticism of the President. So is President Bush doing a good job or is Newt right?

Your questions, neither of them, are valid. The only logical conclusion here is that you ignored my admonition to the question and answer "Why do I have to choose, and see everybody lose." That's a line from an old Willie Nelson jamm that I doubt very seriously that you will ever understand.

diuretic
06-05-2007, 04:07 AM
False dichotomy. It is entirely possible for Gingrich to be right about the incompetence of the administration and still be a dickhead. Not saying he is, saying that the false dichotomy is exactly what got Bush into strife in the first place (ie you're either with us or with the terrorists). There's a need for a bit more nuanced analysis.

Gaffer
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Well psicko it sounds like your supporting Bush in this thread. I think Newt's right on target with this.

5stringJeff
06-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Newt is right on.

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Being "right on" and being correct are two very different things, 5stringer.

Newt is right on.

Didn't you learn anything during the 70's?

06-07-2007, 01:24 PM
False dichotomy. It is entirely possible for Gingrich to be right about the incompetence of the administration and still be a dickhead. Not saying he is, saying that the false dichotomy is exactly what got Bush into strife in the first place (ie you're either with us or with the terrorists). There's a need for a bit more nuanced analysis.

Its not a false dichotemy. Psycho posted an article of Newt criticizing the President and calling him names for it. hence its a very valid dichotemy, because thats the context Psycho presented it in.

06-07-2007, 01:28 PM

How can you possibly be right and incorrect at the same time?

5stringJeff
06-07-2007, 05:49 PM

Yeah... my ABC's and 123's. I was born in 1976.

Kathianne
06-07-2007, 06:03 PM

Damn Jeff, you are only 6 years older than my oldest.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Our President is doing the best damn job he can do under the circumstances and he is getting shit in every direction for it. People may not like everything he dies but god damnit we neet to unite and stand behind him and get this country back together and take out our enemies once and for all.

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 12:44 AM
By about 1984 you should have figured out that your ideologies were educationally impaired.

Do you watch SouthPark? I was born in 1950.

emmett
08-20-2007, 11:39 PM
This will go down well in the history of the rEpublican leadership abilities and skills.

Former House Speaker Says President 'Means Well'

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich, who is considering a run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, said Sunday that President George W. Bush is leading an administration that "is not functioning. It's not getting the job done."

"Republicans need to confront this reality," Gingrich said. "The key question is: Is somebody prepared to stand up and say that the American people deserve fundamental change in Washington?"

"I've warned all last year that I suspected we were drifting into a catastrophic defeat," Gingrich said. "I don't see any other way to read '06 except it was a defeat. And if we don't have a serious, open discussion of where we are, I don't see how we're going to change."

Citing the war in Iraq, immigration policies and the response to Hurricane Katrina, Gingrich described Bush as "well meaning," but not able to deliver on policies and promises.

More: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/13437163/detail.html

Newt should have been neutered when you had the chance.

Hell, he's right Psycho. A duck is a duck!

Psychoblues
08-30-2007, 08:25 PM
When you give it all you have and you discover that you still don't have a damned thing I can sympathise with you.

Otherwise I'll give you just what you gave me. :fu:

Guernicaa
08-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Newt Gingrich is a sleaze bag times one hundred.

Psychoblues
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
You got it, O'8. What is the problem with all these that can only parrot the RNC talking points?

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 01:44 AM
You got it, O'8. What is the problem with all these that can only parrot the RNC talking points?

Ok Mr. Liar go have another drink Mr. Liar.

Psychoblues
08-31-2007, 01:57 AM
"Zat" all you got, nm?

Ok Mr. Liar go have another drink Mr. Liar.

You been suckin' too many of these, :pee::pee::pee::pee::pee::pee::pee:

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 02:00 AM
"Zat" all you got, nm?

You been suckin' too many of these, :pee::pee::pee::pee::pee::pee::pee:

Once again talking about homo things............You really are foul and why dont you do the honorable thing for once in your life, leave.

Psychoblues
08-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Unlike you, I am a United States Military Veteran Of Several Foreign Wars.

Once again talking about homo things............You really are foul and why dont you do the honorable thing for once in your life, leave.

How about you pack your happy ass up and leave?

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 03:03 AM

Ok Mr. Liar, Mr. Veteran of every War since the Civil War. You are a LIAR you never served in the Military, just because you drove by a Military base on the way to work doesn't mean your a Veteran.

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 03:04 AM

As much as I hate to say it, OCA is right about you, your a lying piece of shit.

Guernicaa
08-31-2007, 11:10 PM
As much as I hate to say it, OCA is right about you, your a lying piece of shit.
Thats funny, I believe OCA thinks the same of you.

Psychoblues
09-06-2007, 08:55 PM
You gotta love an ol' Turk like oca.

Thats funny, I believe OCA thinks the same of you.

He simply can't ALWAYS be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!