PDA

View Full Version : France gets tough on illegal immigration, setting quotas for arrests, expulsions

Mr. P
06-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Damn! France? We need to do this!

PARIS - France set tough new quotas for the number of illegal immigrants authorities should arrest and expel each month, the new immigration minister said Monday.

Brice Hortefeux, who heads the newly created Ministry of Immigration, Integration, National Identity and Co-Development, said a monthly quota also would be set for ferreting out those employed in France illegally.

In a meeting with security officials, Hortefeux reiterated President Nicolas Sarkozy’s goal of 25,000 expulsions by the end of 2007 - compared with 24,000 in 2006 - and set a year-end goal of 125,000 arrests for alleged illegal entry or illegal residence, a ministry statement said. The number of those already arrested was not immediately clear.

http://news.bostonherald.com/international/europe/view.bg?articleid=1004803

Gaffer
06-05-2007, 11:38 AM
That needs to be part of the amnesty bill. We could do better, like 1.2 million booted by the end of the year. The french seem to be growing some balls.

Monkeybone
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
first time in history France has more balls than us oh the shame :(

Mr. P
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
That needs to be part of the amnesty bill. We could do better, like 1.2 million booted by the end of the year. The french seem to be growing some balls.

I think it should 'BE' the amnesty bill.

5stringJeff
06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but America needs to adopt a French policy. Specifically, this one.

Kathianne
06-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Europe in general is getting ahead of US. While their 'free speech' is not what ours is, for the same reason they are able to crack down legally, in ways we are not. Including monitoring mosques, universities, etc.

Because of my serious devotion to the 1st amendment, I have problems with the Patriot Act, it may be necessary, though I don't see lots of applications that bear fruit. Just problems at borders and airports.