PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day

Jeff
06-16-2013, 07:01 AM
I would like to wish all the Fathers on the board a very Happy Fathers day , may yall have a wonderful day today

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2013, 09:30 AM
I would like to wish all the Fathers on the board a very Happy Fathers day , may yall have a wonderful day today
I second that kind thought my friend. Mothers are the cat's meow but fathers , good fathers are the tie that binds and the light that forces darkness from the world and keeps the wolves at bay. As a child I feared things until my father taught me to face them and fear no more. For decades now I have stated that "a good woman is worth far more than her weight in gold" . A good father is right THERE in that same boat IMHO. --:clap:---:beer:--Tyr

gabosaurus
06-16-2013, 10:40 AM
My sister took after my mom. But I was always a "daddy's girl" at heart. We had some great father-daughter bonding experiences. My dad took me to Dodger games and shopping for music. I spent a lot of time sitting in our living room listening to music with my dad.
Of course, I adopted my dad's liberal politics. My parents were 60's hippies. My mom changed a lot after she had kids, but my dad never did. He loved my conservative boyfriend (now husband) because he was smart enough to give my dad a good argument. They had some really good ones.
We are having a Father's Day cookout today. Hope everyone on DP can share Father's Day with someone they love.

Kathianne
06-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Happy Father's Day to all the really good dads out there. The really good ones are worth their weight in gold, Tyr's right about that.

jimnyc
06-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Happy Fathers Day to the rest of the Dads out there!! :salute: :beer:

WiccanLiberal
06-16-2013, 12:23 PM
For those fortunate enough to have their fathers with them today, enjoy. I still miss mine after 11 years. I often wish he were here where I could seek his advice and opinions. Yes I too was always Daddy's girl.