PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Repubs still pretending issue is citizenship instead of legal residence

Little-Acorn
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
The Senate RINOs and other liberals are still pretending that the issue in the illegal-alien battles in Congress. is whether illegal aliens already here should get citizenship. But in fact, their bill would grant 20 million illegal aliens permanent residency in the U.S., which has been the illegal aliens' real goal all along.

The illegals knew from the start that, if they came or stayed in the U.S. illegally, they were throwing away any chance at citizenship.

And they came in anyway, by the millions. They didn't care about citizenship. They just wanted to be here.

Now Senate RINOs are saying that if they don't get certain provisions in the bill, they will withhold the "path to citizenship" it offers, as though that would discourage illegals from coming in.

Some of them also seem to be thinking that passing this instant-Amnesty bill will make Hispanics like them. Have they forgotten that, last time they voted in an Amesty bill, Hispanic support for Republicans went DOWN?

The number of things Republicans are getting wrong in this issue, is frightening.

I hope they will come out of their ivory tower, where they are disconnected from all reality, before it's too late.

Or get voted out of it.

-----------------------------------------------

http://thehill.com/video/senate/305827-graham-predicts-breakthrough-passage-of-immigration-bill-with-over-70-votes

Graham predicts 'breakthrough' passage of immigration bill with over '70 votes'

By Erik Wasson - 06/16/13 10:54 AM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Sunday predicted overwhelming congressional passage of an immigration reform bill.

“I think we are going to have a political breakthrough, that Congress is going to pass immigration reform,” Graham said on NBC's Meet the Press.

He said the Senate will give the reform bill — which currently has a path to citizenship for the nation's 11 million illegal immigrants — overwhelming support.

“I think we are going to get plus 70 votes,” he said. “I've never been more optimistic about it.”

Graham said passing the bill is a political necessity for the GOP.

“If we don't pass immigration reform, if we don't get it off the table in a reasonable, practical way, it doesn't matter who we run in 2016,” he said. “We're in a demographic death spiral as a party.

The only way we can get back in the good graces of the Hispanic community, in my view is pass comprehensive immigration reform.”

fj1200
06-17-2013, 03:14 PM
http://thehill.com/video/senate/305827-graham-predicts-breakthrough-passage-of-immigration-bill-with-over-70-votes

Graham said passing the bill is a political necessity for the GOP.

“If we don't pass immigration reform, if we don't get it off the table in a reasonable, practical way, it doesn't matter who we run in 2016,” he said. “We're in a demographic death spiral as a party.

The only way we can get back in the good graces of the Hispanic community, in my view is pass comprehensive immigration reform.”

Apparently he doesn't understand the purpose of his role. To govern for citizens not potential citizens and surely not for "good of party."