PDA

View Full Version : What about Multiuniverses?

Robert A Whit
06-18-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.dennisprager.com/columns.aspx?g=acc9936f-676f-4d7a-9cec-6716f00b835c&url=why-some-scientists-embrace-the-multiverse-n1621935

Why Some Scientists Embrace the 'Multiverse'Dennis Prager ~~ author

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

ShareThis
Last week, in Nice, France, I was privileged to participate, along with 30 scholars, mostly scientists and mathematicians, in a conference on the question of whether the universe was designed, or at least fine-tuned, to make life, especially intelligent life. Participants -- from Yale, Princeton, Harvard, Berkeley and Columbia among other American and European universities -- included believers in God, agonistics and atheists.
But it was clear that the scientific consensus was that, at the very least, the universe is exquisitely fine-tuned to allow for the possibility of life. It appears that we live in a "Goldilocks Universe," in which both the arrangement of matter at the cosmic beginning and the values of various physical parameters -- such as the speed of light, the strength of gravitational attraction and the expansion rate of the universe - are just right. And unless one is frightened of the term, it also appears the universe is designed for biogenesis and human life.

(Snip and skip to the end. The article has more rich commentary, so follow the link.)

Honest atheists -- scientists and lay people -- must now acknowledge that science itself argues overwhelmingly for a Designing Intelligence. And honest believers must acknowledge that the existence of a Designing Intelligence is not necessarily the same as the existence of benevolent God.
To posit the existence of a Creator requires only reason. To posit the existence of a good God requires faith.

Thunderknuckles
06-18-2013, 03:59 PM
http://www.dennisprager.com/columns.aspx?g=acc9936f-676f-4d7a-9cec-6716f00b835c&url=why-some-scientists-embrace-the-multiverse-n1621935

Honest atheists -- scientists and lay people -- must now acknowledge that science itself argues overwhelmingly for a Designing Intelligence. And honest believers must acknowledge that the existence of a Designing Intelligence is not necessarily the same as the existence of benevolent God.
To posit the existence of a Creator requires only reason. To posit the existence of a good God requires faith.
I don't think atheists and scientists that believe in the Multiverse will acknowledge any such thing. To them our universe won the lottery of unimaginable odds which is still easier for them to believe than a Creator.

Robert A Whit
06-18-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't think atheists and scientists that believe in the Multiverse will acknowledge any such thing. To them our universe won the lottery of unimaginable odds which is still easier for them to believe than a Creator.

Yes, sigh, they can't see the forest due to the many trees in the way.

While I can't describe God, I can say this much and hopefully be correct.

God would be the most power ever to be found in one intelligent source.

So much power that God could create all that we are able to see with the best technology. And even more that we have not yet seen.

I don't understand the theory of nothing made something. It does not make any sense.

It is as one says if you put two stones in the same vase, they will somehow make more stones.

The state of pre universe must have been pretty bleak.

It is easier for me to say it took intelligence to create the universe than to accept the theory that nothing made something.

gabosaurus
06-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Why is this concept so difficult to embrace? We probably know less than one percent of what exists out there.

Thunderknuckles
06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Why is this concept so difficult to embrace? We probably know less than one percent of what exists out there.
It's due to the longstanding conflict between Religion and Science. A good number of Scientists absolutely refuse to give Intelligent Design any consideration because the idea of a Creator is offensive and it will be a cold day in hell before they acknowledge that Religion might have been on to something all along.

Missileman
06-18-2013, 06:13 PM
A good number of Scientists absolutely refuse to give Intelligent Design any consideration because the idea of a Creator is offensive and it will be a cold day in hell before they acknowledge that Religion might have been on to something all along.

That's simply NOT true. ID isn't given any consideration for one simple reason...there is absolutely no scientifically verifiable evidence of the existence of a designer.

jafar00
06-18-2013, 10:46 PM
The Qur'aan agrees. It's good to see modern science catching up :)

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds (1:2)

O Moses! Lo! I, even I, am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds (28:30)

Allah it is who hath created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof. (65:12)

The Day when We shall roll up the heavens as a recorder rolleth up a written scroll. (21:104)

O company of jinn and men, if ye have power to penetrate (all) regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate (them)! Ye will never penetrate them save with (Our) sanction. (55:33)

Incidentally, the Big Bang is in there too :)

Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them (21:30)

And the formation of the Earth from a cloud of interstellar dust...

Then turned He to the heaven when it was smoke, and said unto it and unto the earth: Come both of you, willingly or loth. They said: We come, obedient. (41:11)

Robert A Whit
06-19-2013, 12:10 AM
It's due to the longstanding conflict between Religion and Science. A good number of Scientists absolutely refuse to give Intelligent Design any consideration because the idea of a Creator is offensive and it will be a cold day in hell before they acknowledge that Religion might have been on to something all along.

And a high percentage of scientists can't imagine there not being God the creator and being tolerant generally are not offended by atheists.

It makes no sense to me that all of this stuff suddenly came from nothing with no God to help it work.

Atheists have no clue where it all came from.

You can spot them due to their slouching shoulders and flat forehead. When they figure something out, they smack their forehead and say "I should have thought of that."