hjmick
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Heart attack while vacationing in Rome.

What the hell?

Robert A Whit
06-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Heart attack while vacationing in Rome.

What the hell?

And just yesterday I saw him in the movie about the capture of Bin Laden ...Zero Dark thirty.

Sorry to hear he died.

aboutime
06-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Sad news. Condolences to his family, and friends.

At least he passed while in a city I suspect...he loved.

RIP.

jimnyc
06-19-2013, 07:46 PM
How horrible. My brother called me on the road as he knew I 'idolized' him. Idolize as in I loved his acting skills and The Soprano's was my all time favorite show, and him my favorite actor in any television show. I was just talking to my brother about him last week. I've always wanted them to make a movie out of the show, and Gandolfini just said that they would make a movie when David Chase ran out of money - which meant never.

He was in a movie called "The Last Castle", alongside Robert Redford. Gandolfini was a prison warden, and Redford was a former General. They are at odds over how the prison is ran. Excellent flick if ya never saw it.

RIP, Tony, and the Bada Bing is waiting for you upstairs! :salute:

jimnyc
06-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Actor James Gandolfini died suddenly after a suspected heart attack while on holiday in Rome to attend the Taormina Film Festival in Sicily. He was 51. Gandolfini will be forever known for his portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano on the seminal HBO series The Sopranos, which won him three Emmy Awards. Chris Albrecht who greenlighted the crime family saga at HBO in 1999 and approved Gandolfini in the role, just emailed Deadline: “Absolutely stunned. I got the word from Lorraine Bracco and just got off with Brad Grey who had just heard from David Chase. We had all become a family. This is a tremendous loss.” (Grey was the executive producer and Chase the creator of The Sopranos.) “It is with immense sorrow that we report our client James Gandolfini passed away today while on holiday in Rome, Italy,’ said his managers Mark Armstrong and Nancy Sanders. ”Our hearts are shattered and we will miss him deeply. He and his family were part of our family for many years and we are all grieving.”

David Chase, the show’s creator, issued this statement today: “He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that. He is one of the greatest actors of this or any time. A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes. I remember telling him many times, ‘You don’t get it. You’re like Mozart.’ There would be silence at the other end of the phone. For Deborah and Michael and Lilliana, this is crushing. And it’s bad for the rest of the world. He wasn’t easy sometimes. But he was my partner, he was my brother in ways I can’t explain and never will be able to explain.” Gandolfini’s fellow actor on The Sopranos, Tony Sirico who played “Paulie” had this to say: “Tony was one of my best friends in life, he was there whenever I needed him. Not only did he help me with my career, but also in life, god bless him. He and I were always helping the troops, we even went to combat zones to visit the Marines. He will be missed.”

And HBO released this statement: ”We’re all in shock and feeling immeasurable sadness at the loss of a beloved member of our family. He was special man, a great talent, but more importantly a gentle and loving person who treated everyone no matter their title or position with equal respect. He touched so many of us over the years with his humor, his warmth and his humility. Our hearts go out to his wife and children during this terrible time. He will be deeply missed by all of us.” Gandolfini was set to topline a new limited series for HBO, Criminal Justice, one of several projects he had in the works.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/r-i-p-james-gandolfini/

Voted4Reagan
06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
http://youtu.be/RiDoBYu-S04

jimnyc
06-19-2013, 09:14 PM
^^ I love the opening of the show. I grew up with all of those places and have been to many of them. The view from the NJ TPK is still the same too!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Sad news indeed and yes that is too young to go. Condolences to his family and many friends. Guy was a class act.. -Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
06-19-2013, 10:24 PM
http://levgrossman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/black.square.jpg

jimnyc
06-20-2013, 06:46 AM
Some feedback from those in Hollywood:

Jerry Ferrara
Rip James Gandolfini. One of the greatest actors of our generation.

Olivia Wilde
James Gandolfini was a kind, funny, wonderful guy. I'm so lucky to have worked with him. Sending love to his family. Such a sad, sad day.

Debra Messing
Heartbreaking news about James Gandolfini... Shocking. HUGE loss. Kind, humble, and a Singular Talent. Rest in Peace.

Susan Sarandon
So sad to lose James Gandolfini. One of the sweetest, funniest, most generous actors I’ve ever worked with. Sending prayers to his family.

Ewan McGregor
Jesus. The world just lost one of its great actors. James Gandolfini has passed away. Thoughts to his family. Such a talent. I'm saddened.

Michael Chiklis
James Gandolfini. This is a tremendous loss. A brilliant actor and a wonderful man. Our deepest sympathies to his family. Devastating.

Katey Segal
Speechless. James Gandolfini. Really sad... Hug the kids.

Ron Perlman
Sweet journey home, James Gandolfini... The brightest stars burn the fastest....

Steve Carell
James Gandolfini. What a great loss.

Christina Applegate
I am so deeply saddened by the untimely passing of sweet James Gandolfini! My heart is broken for his family!! I'm in shock

Jonah Hill
I'm truly heartbroken to hear that James Gandolfini has passed away. He is one of my all time favorite actors. Tragic loss.

Busy Phillips
So sad to hear about James Gandolfini. He was such an amazing actor and by all accounts a wonderful person. RIP.

Rose McGowan
I am heartbroken about James Gandolfini. He was a gentle giant and great man. I love this picture, I loved him.

Will Arnett
So saddened by news of James Gandolfini's death. What talent. He shall be missed.

Ken Jeong
I had the honor of meeting James Gandolfini recently. A genius actor & great man. My thoughts & prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace.

Patricia Heaton
I'm heartbroken to hear that James Gandolfini died..my prayers go out to his family. #Sopranos

Debi Mazar
Husband informed me that #JamesGandolfini just passed,In Italy.Im devastated My condolences 2 his family&friends.He passed in his motherland

Giuliana Rancic
Just heard James Gandolfini has died of a heart attack at the age of 51. So incredibly sad

Charisma Carpenter
Just heard about James Gandolfini... I am so sad to learn this news. Condolences to his family and friends. What a talent. : (

Shane West
RIP James Gandolfini .... An amazing actor. Beyond shocked.

Ralph Macchio
RIP James Gandolfini. Terrible news.

Carson Daly
SO SAD! PRAYING FOR HIS FAMILY- wow- Shocked by this news today...

Golden Globes (James won three for his role in "The Sopranos")
James Gandolfini has died in Italy. Rest in Peace to a wonderful man and actor. You'll be missed.

Artie Lange
You will be missed greatly James Gandolfini Maybe best actor ever on a tv series. Salute'

Lance Bass
So so so sad about James Gandolfini - 51 is way too young.

Lucy Hale
So sad to hear about James Gandolfini. RIP

Eric Balfour
RIP James Gandolfini... He was one of my idols, an amazing artist, and his work will be soarly missed!

Vinny Guadagnino
Wow . Gandolfini one of the best ever . TERRIBLE!!!

Marlee Matlin
Shocked at reading about the untimely passing of James Gandolfini. A man of enormous talent. What shocking and sad news.

Josh Henderson
Just read about James Gandolfini.. Never met him but what a damn good actor. Gone way to soon. Rip brother.. #prayers

Josh Groban
Thank you James Gandolfini for some of the most brilliant tv moments of all time. So sad!!!

Damon Lindelof
James Gandolfini. You created an icon. And you cut to black way too abruptly. Thank you, and rest in peace.

Julie Benz
so incredibly sad.... RIP James Gandolfini ... your work inspired and entertained... so incredibly sad.

Russell Simmons
Not tony soprano! Damn. Such a good guy and a great actor. James, rest in peace.

Wes Craven
Farewell to the great American actor James Gandolfini. I was a huge fan. My condolences to his family and his many fans.

Kevin Smith
RIP James Gandolfini! Your iconic portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano gave soul to a monster and fostered perverse pride in the Garden State!

Melissa Gorga
No... James Gandolfini one of my favorites. RIP. prayers to his family.

Dominic Monaghan
Oh man James gandolfini died. Fantastic in the soprano, and true romance. A great talent.

Pauly D
Wow RIP #JamesGandolfini !!!! My Favorite Show Of All Time The Sopranos , My Heart And Prayers Go Out To Your Loved Ones

Leah Remini
R.I.P James Gandolfini. My prayers to his family and friends. He will certainly be missed by us who loved watching him

Will Sasso
Saddened to hear that James Gandolfini has passed. He was as talented an actor as there ever was. I've met few people with as much presence.

Colton Haynes
So saddened to hear about the passing of one of my favorite actors, James Gandolfini. #RIPJamesGandolfini

Teresa Giudice
So sad to hear about James Gandolfini. My thoughts & prayers are with his wife & kids.

Bethenny Frankel
Just heard TV icon James Gandolfini has died. I'm shocked. I'm sad. I loved his work. My heart goes out to his family.

Rachelle Lefevre
Had the pleasure of seeing the funny, powerful, incredibly talented James Gandolfini on stage in "God of Carnage." He'll be truly missed.

Octavia Spencer
RIP James Gandolfini. So sad!!

John McCain
RIP James Gandolfini, one of the nicest guys I've ever met

Kristin Chenoweth
NO. Not James Gandolfini. He was in my top 5 favorite actors EVER. :(

Brian Baumgartner
I am shattered by the news of the loss of my longtime hero and new friend, James Gandolfini. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Mia Farrow
awful awful news. James Gandolfini will be missed. He was a great actor. Just great.

Gilles Marini
R.I.P James Gandolfini . Was an honor to teach your son Soccer and to have known You. You were such a great man and father. #Heartbroken

Freddy Rodriguez
RIP to my old network mate James Gandolfini

Molly Ringwald
James Gandolfini. You will be missed.

Shannon Elizabeth
Rest in peace James Gandolfini. What a huge loss for Hollywood. I'm deeply saddened & he will be gravely missed. Unbelievable talent.

Rob Thomas
R.I.P. James Gandolfini. Such a great actor. More than just tony soprano and that would have been a lot on its own.

Shannen Doherty
James Gandolfini.. So talented, so nice and far too young to be taken away. You will be missed Sir

Bryan Greenberg
Had the pleasure to work with James Gandolfini twice when I started out. Both times I had small roles but he treated me with respect. RIP

Autumn Reeser
Terrible news about James Gandolfini's passing...I was fortunate to see him in 'God of Carnage' in New York. He was a truly wonderful actor.

Minnie Driver
So incredibly sad to hear about James Gandolfini. He was magic.

Seth Green
Stunned to hear of James Gandolfini's passing. A powerful actor & a truly sweet man. Much love to his family.

http://www.toofab.com/2013/06/19/james-gandolfini-dead-at-51-stars-react-on-twitter/

Robert A Whit
06-20-2013, 11:33 AM
How horrible. My brother called me on the road as he knew I 'idolized' him. Idolize as in I loved his acting skills and The Soprano's was my all time favorite show, and him my favorite actor in any television show. I was just talking to my brother about him last week. I've always wanted them to make a movie out of the show, and Gandolfini just said that they would make a movie when David Chase ran out of money - which meant never.

He was in a movie called "The Last Castle", alongside Robert Redford. Gandolfini was a prison warden, and Redford was a former General. They are at odds over how the prison is ran. Excellent flick if ya never saw it.

RIP, Tony, and the Bada Bing is waiting for you upstairs! :salute:

Yes, I have that DVD and agree it is very very good. I have the entire Sopranos on DVD as well.

I don't buy them now due to Netflix. Saw him this week on Zero dark thirty. His role as Leon Panetta was not very long. I was in Monterey, CA at a state meeting and we had Leon Panetta as the key speaker. I enjoyed his speech. He is perhaps the least obnoxious democrat I have heard speak. Well, add in Delaine Easton who I doubt any of you knows who she is. She was in CA government and spent 4 years running the schools of this state. She also served in CA congress.

I really will miss James Gandolfini.

Marcus Aurelius
06-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Geez... he's not even cold, and he's getting dissed.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/20/james-gandolfini-erratic-behavior-on-sopranos-set-chronicled-in-magazine/?intcmp=features

James Gandolfini's erratic behavior on 'The Sopranos' set chronicled in magazine

jimnyc
06-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Some will always try to profit off of death. They can say whatever they like about his behavior, it won't change what he did with that show. 3 emmy's in 6 years and the respect of his acting ability around the country. And it would appear that he was extremely well liked outside of acting as well.

Robert A Whit
06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Some will always try to profit off of death. They can say whatever they like about his behavior, it won't change what he did with that show. 3 emmy's in 6 years and the respect of his acting ability around the country. And it would appear that he was extremely well liked outside of acting as well.

Redford could be expected to overpower him in that movie where Redford was put in prison. But James more than held up his end. It has been over a year since I watched it again. Netflix is sending me a movie today that I will watch tomorrow. Now I have to check for his moves that I missed.

Marcus Aurelius
06-20-2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/20/restaurant-where-last-sopranos-was-shot-pays-tribute-to-gandolfini/?intcmp=features

The iconic New Jersey restaurant where the 'Sorpanos' finale was shot paid a fitting tribute to James Gandolfini Wednesday after the news of the actor's unexpected death.

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/660/371/gandolfini%20%20reserved.JPG?ve=1

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Leisure/holsten1_ap.jpg

Voted4Reagan
06-20-2013, 02:53 PM
^^ I love the opening of the show. I grew up with all of those places and have been to many of them. The view from the NJ TPK is still the same too!

Yeah....Jimmy grew up HERE...

BADA BING!!!

:boobies::boobies::boobies:

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/55433849.jpg