PDA

View Full Version : 70-Year-Old Saudi Man Divorces His 15-Year-Old wife. Turns out he is 86!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2013, 09:11 AM
http://elitedaily.com/news/world/70yearold-saudi-man-divorces-15yearold-wife/ No sir, these Islamists do not attempt to imitate their perverted Mohammad.-Tyr 70-Year-Old Saudi Man Divorces His 15-Year-Old wife! Recently, a 15-year-old girl ran away from her 70-year-old husband’s house in Saudi Arabia.
The man said that he paid a $20,000 dowry, but was gypped when the girl’s parents took the girl back. Saudi Arabia’s Human Rights Commission said that a divorce was granted to the teen.
There is now belief that the man is actually 86, not 70, stating that he believed that the girls was 25. Either way, it seems that the divorce is final and that everything was resolved amicably.
“When you consider the very large difference in age, it looks more like this was not a marriage, but like the girl was sold,” Dr. Suhalia Zein al-Abedin of the Saudi National Association for Human Rights said. “The girl’s parents need to be held responsible for this.”

Marcus Aurelius
06-20-2013, 09:53 AM
the old man wasn't 'really' Islamic.

jimnyc
06-20-2013, 10:06 AM
I won't say the "M" word or the "I" word, as I'll just be told that it's wrong. Let's just say that these types of actions are disgusting, and such a man should be in jail. Any country that would allow this is also disgusting. While we may find an odd story here or there from various areas - do a little research and you'll find out these things generally happen in certain areas, of certain populations, which will go unnamed. Regardless of what we refer to them as, one involved in this crap are filthy animals, and that includes any sick and twisted family who would sell off their little girl.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-20-2013, 10:01 PM
I won't say the "M" word or the "I" word, as I'll just be told that it's wrong. Let's just say that these types of actions are disgusting, and such a man should be in jail. Any country that would allow this is also disgusting. While we may find an odd story here or there from various areas - do a little research and you'll find out these things generally happen in certain areas, of certain populations, which will go unnamed. Regardless of what we refer to them as, one involved in this crap are filthy animals, and that includes any sick and twisted family who would sell off their little girl. What was good enough for the founding pervert Mohammad is good enough for current believers, right Jafar? ;)--Tyr

jafar00
06-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Sounds more like the guy was scammed by the girl and her parents. You are right Jim not to tie this to a "certain group of people". This kind of thing can happen anywhere.

Marcus Aurelius
06-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Sounds more like the guy was scammed by the girl and her parents. You are right Jim not to tie this to a "certain group of people". This kind of thing can happen anywhere.

Show me where Jews do this on a regular basis like Muslims do.

Show me where Christians do this on a regular basis like Muslims do.

Show me where (insert religion here) do this on a regular basis like Muslims do.

tailfins
06-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Show me where Jews do this on a regular basis like Muslims do.

Show me where "Christians" do this on a regular basis like Muslims do.

Show me where (insert religion here) do this on a regular basis like Muslims do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

Marcus Aurelius
06-20-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

what part of 'regular basis like Muslims do' escaped your attention?

gabosaurus
06-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Not that anything like this EVER happens in the civilized world... :rolleyes:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02440/hugh-hefner_2440497b.jpg

PostmodernProphet
06-21-2013, 07:33 AM

/boggle......in the world I live in, if this happened anywhere else I would still say "wtf"......

PostmodernProphet
06-21-2013, 07:34 AM

gosh she looks older than fifteen......

Voted4Reagan
06-21-2013, 08:09 AM

Certainly old enough to make up her own mind...

Certainly able to consent.

Marcus Aurelius
06-21-2013, 08:24 AM

she was 15 at the time?

Voted4Reagan
06-21-2013, 09:14 AM
she was 15 at the time?

Another False Flag from Gabby...

From Wikipedia...

False flag (or black flag) describes covert military or paramilitary operations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_operation) designed to deceive in such a way that the operations appear as though they are being carried out by other entities, groups or nations than those who actually planned and executed them.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-21-2013, 09:27 AM
she was 15 at the time? Gabby found a pic of an old guy and younger --woman, she being gabby failed to note the difference between a 15 year old girl and an adult female. Which is the point of our objection. That and Islam's condoning old muslims marrying (underage )children ... She fails to get the point so often her middle name must be --dull... :laugh:

gabosaurus
06-21-2013, 10:26 AM
In certain areas of Colombia, girls are only schooled up to 12 year old. At 13, they are either married off or sold. Which is why my sister's former charge emigrated to the U.S.
There are a lot of places where girls can (and often are) married off at the age of 14 (or younger). There are some states where girls 14 or older can marry with their parents' consent (often referred to as "shotgun weddings." ).
Don't forget the allegedly religious cults where children as young as 9 have been "married."

aboutime
06-21-2013, 12:04 PM
she was 15 at the time?

I knew Hugh Hefner had a daughter. But he never mentioned the other one named Gabby he isn't proud of, and refuses to admit was a mistake of his younger years before Playboy. How long have you been holding that photo of HEF with one of your future mothers gabby?

Drummond
06-21-2013, 01:54 PM

Scammed how, precisely ? Was this Saudi, 'non-Islamic' person (.. 'naturally' ..) persuaded that the 15 year old girl was double her real age ?

And this happens in all cultures, eh ?

aboutime
06-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Scammed how, precisely ? Was this Saudi, 'non-Islamic' person (.. 'naturally' ..) persuaded that the 15 year old girl was double her real age ?

And this happens in all cultures, eh ?

Sir Drummond. Jafar's a laugh a minute now. ANY EXCUSE will do!

jimnyc
06-21-2013, 07:23 PM
In certain areas of Colombia, girls are only schooled up to 12 year old. At 13, they are either married off or sold. Which is why my sister's former charge emigrated to the U.S.
There are a lot of places where girls can (and often are) married off at the age of 14 (or younger). There are some states where girls 14 or older can marry with their parents' consent (often referred to as "shotgun weddings." ).
Don't forget the allegedly religious cults where children as young as 9 have been "married."

Yes, and these places and people involved are equally disgusting. But I'm not going to ignore stories that pop up on the headlines, just because it happens elsewhere. It's not my fault that the majority of these children marriages and selling off of brides happens within similar communities. It's wrong no matter where, IMO, but just happens in certain places more than others.

gabosaurus
06-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes, and these places and people involved are equally disgusting. But I'm not going to ignore stories that pop up on the headlines, just because it happens elsewhere. It's not my fault that the majority of these children marriages and selling off of brides happens within similar communities. It's wrong no matter where, IMO, but just happens in certain places more than others.

I do understand that these things are only newsworthy if there are Muslims involved.

jimnyc
06-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I do understand that these things are only newsworthy if there are Muslims involved.

Wrong again, there are news stories if people other than Muslims involved, just not as many, not even close, because Muslims are behind so much of it. I have a good idea though, how about YOU start a thread on others that are involved in this evil? I'm confident the disgust will be equal. You run around into many Muslim threads and post about how much one posts, how many times, how they do this or that. How about you address the actual topic/article when you do so, instead of disrupting? Just because YOU don't like the topic, doesn't mean the opinions of others are invalid, or that a story is somehow wrong in some manner. Fact is, you rarely go after the actual discussion as you can't do anything, anything other than admit to how disgusting it is. So you then deflect, and try to add others into it, or point out your issue with others posting so much about Muslims.

So, do you have an issue with such old men marrying young girls? Do you have a problem with a man that would marry a girl that would easily be considered a 'minor' in the majority of the world?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Don't forget the allegedly religious cults where children as young as 9 have been "married." ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You mean like Islam and the fact that Mohammad married a 9 year old little girl?? I am shocked that you dare to truthfully speak of it and call it a cult. Did a bucket of truth fall upon your confused little head? :eatwords:

gabosaurus
06-21-2013, 10:32 PM
My sister's former charge was born in raised in a small village south of Cali in Colombia. It was part of an area that was occupied and run by drug cartels. There was no electricity or running water. Kids were educated until they were 12. After that, the girls were married or sold off. The boys became soldiers or drug dealers. Human trafficking is a huge source of revenue for drug cartels.
It is the same way is many areas of Brazil. Girls grow up knowing their only way out of the cycle is to marry someone who can give them a better life. The rest work for little or become prostitutes. Which is why there are so many web sites offering men "mail order brides."

I knew the girl from Colombia when she first came to the U.S. She spoke no English, had no idea how to wear clothes and wondered why we didn't eat the same thing every night.
Now she is a college graduate and has started work at a job that pays her $70,000 a year.

jafar00
06-21-2013, 11:59 PM

There is now belief that the man is actually 86, not 70, stating that he believed that the girls was 25.

Apparently he thought so too....

Marcus Aurelius
06-22-2013, 12:04 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=647771#post647771)

There is now belief that the man is actually 86, not 70, stating that he believed that the girls was 25.

jahil, you dumb ass.. he was talking about the picture Gabby posted oh Hugh Hefner and the blond.

Voted4Reagan
06-22-2013, 02:49 AM

None of which deals with the Article in Question... Please try staying on Topic.

:lame2::slap:

jimnyc
06-22-2013, 07:35 AM
My sister's former charge was born in raised in a small village south of Cali in Colombia. It was part of an area that was occupied and run by drug cartels. There was no electricity or running water. Kids were educated until they were 12. After that, the girls were married or sold off. The boys became soldiers or drug dealers. Human trafficking is a huge source of revenue for drug cartels.
It is the same way is many areas of Brazil. Girls grow up knowing their only way out of the cycle is to marry someone who can give them a better life. The rest work for little or become prostitutes. Which is why there are so many web sites offering men "mail order brides."

I knew the girl from Colombia when she first came to the U.S. She spoke no English, had no idea how to wear clothes and wondered why we didn't eat the same thing every night.
Now she is a college graduate and has started work at a job that pays her $70,000 a year.

So you couldn't answer my questions, what a surprise. I'll have to assume that you agree with selling off the children then, based on your rants and disagreement with those posting, and your failure to answer.

jimnyc
06-22-2013, 07:39 AM

Sure, one couldn't tell the difference between a 25 year old and a minor? I'd love to see ANYONE here to post pictures of minor children that who were actually 25 or older. When people in the Islamic world get married, do they not record it any manner like other countries? No certificates involved or proving of identity? And even if not, that's no excuse to marry a CHILD. "Ooops, sorry, I violated a child, but it's OK because I didn't know." - bullshit.

They had it right in the article with this:

“When you consider the very large difference in age, it looks more like this was not a marriage, but like the girl was sold,” Dr. Suhalia Zein al-Abedin of the Saudi National Association for Human Rights said. “The girl’s parents need to be held responsible for this.”

Jeff
06-22-2013, 07:43 AM
I won't say the "M" word or the "I" word, as I'll just be told that it's wrong. Let's just say that these types of actions are disgusting, and such a man should be in jail. Any country that would allow this is also disgusting. While we may find an odd story here or there from various areas - do a little research and you'll find out these things generally happen in certain areas, of certain populations, which will go unnamed. Regardless of what we refer to them as, one involved in this crap are filthy animals, and that includes any sick and twisted family who would sell off their little girl.

The man should of been shot , what kind of animal marries a child especially at his age whether 70 or 86

Jeff
06-22-2013, 07:45 AM

This is so sad and disgusting no matter where or who it is happening to

PostmodernProphet
06-22-2013, 04:11 PM
had no idea how to wear clothes

must have been interesting......

jafar00
06-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Sure, one couldn't tell the difference between a 25 year old and a minor? I'd love to see ANYONE here to post pictures of minor children that who were actually 25 or older. When people in the Islamic world get married, do they not record it any manner like other countries? No certificates involved or proving of identity? And even if not, that's no excuse to marry a CHILD. "Ooops, sorry, I violated a child, but it's OK because I didn't know." - bullshit.

They had it right in the article with this:

From the article, it would seem she was not married against her will but left soon after taking her dowry with her and the divorce was granted. You know, some young girls can look and act older than they are especially when they are not westerners who all follow particular fashions in order to fit in with their age group's peculiarities. Saudi women also tend to be more covered up ;)

In any case, the article has no detail. Both of our opinions are based on very little. Neither of us know what really happened. Whether it was a scam, or the parents sold her both are wrong.

Marcus Aurelius
06-22-2013, 07:27 PM
From the article, it would seem she was not married against her will but left soon after taking her dowry with her and the divorce was granted. You know, some young girls can look and act older than they are especially when they are not westerners who all follow particular fashions in order to fit in with their age group's peculiarities. Saudi women also tend to be more covered up ;)

In any case, the article has no detail. Both of our opinions are based on very little. Neither of us know what really happened. Whether it was a scam, or the parents sold her both are wrong.

Interesting how you come up with two possibilities, both of which exonerate the old man.

Marcus Aurelius
06-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Sounds to me like Jahil wouldn't mind getting himself some 15 yr old tail. Move to Saudi Arabia or another Muslim nation and you can.

jimnyc
06-23-2013, 06:16 AM

Most minors are not in a position to give their blessing to being sold off for marriage, hence the majority of the civilized world having laws about minors and legal age laws. And covering up or not, when you are marrying someone that is obviously 50+ years difference, taking a few moments to ensure one is of legal age and able to agree to such an arrangement, is not much to ask.

When someone marries in Saudi, is there ANY type of process and/or paperwork involved? Or can anyone just meet with the courts or wherever and just get married without information to record?

I don't need to know exact and specific details to know this is wrong. I agree with your last sentiment, that regardless of any specifics, they were ALL wrong.

aboutime
06-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Sounds to me like Jahil wouldn't mind getting himself some 15 yr old tail. Move to Saudi Arabia or another Muslim nation and you can.

Marcus. Even back in 1990. I remember being warned about those Special Saudi men...who preferred MALE company. So it seems obvious. That 15 year old girl had no say in what the OLD BASTARD demanded.
Personally. I suspect. A really good, long lasting STROKE would be a timely remedy.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Which is why there are so many web sites offering men "mail order brides."

So many?? Really?? List some and then list any that are allowed to do business in USA! "MAIL ORDER BRIDES" is the stuff movies are made of but do not truly exist IMHO. Our visa /immigration process does not allow any such "mail order bride" crap. My wife and I went thru that process and its damn hard on Americans plus costly. We had to prove our relationship was not of a nefarious/illegal nature and for you to post such bullshit propaganda is tiresome. Meanwhile illegals can just waltz right on in across the Southern border but you never criticize that. So take your bullshit accusations elsewhere . None of that goes on in USA. You are just a dumbass liberal shill that couldn't find your way around a 7-11 parking lot IMHO.

aboutime
06-23-2013, 03:39 PM
So many?? Really?? List some and then list any that are allowed to do business in USA! "MAIL ORDER BRIDES" is the stuff movies are made of but do not truly exist IMHO. Our visa /immigration process does not allow any such "mail order bride" crap. My wife and I went thru that process and its damn hard on Americans plus costly. We had to prove our relationship was not of a nefarious/illegal nature and for you to post such bullshit propaganda is tiresome. Meanwhile illegals can just waltz right on in across the Southern border but you never criticize that. So take your bullshit accusations elsewhere . None of that goes on in USA. You are just a dumbass liberal shill that couldn't find your way around a 7-11 parking lot IMHO.

Tyr. Sounds like Gabby is just working with, and remembering personal experiences when saying such things. We all know. If there is such a list. Gabby may just be an Illegal Mail Order Idiot as well.
P.S. Gotta be careful these days in 7-11 parking lots. We've just learned about some of them bringing illegals into the country, and stealing their paychecks.

jafar00
06-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Most minors are not in a position to give their blessing to being sold off for marriage, hence the majority of the civilized world having laws about minors and legal age laws. And covering up or not, when you are marrying someone that is obviously 50+ years difference, taking a few moments to ensure one is of legal age and able to agree to such an arrangement, is not much to ask.

When someone marries in Saudi, is there ANY type of process and/or paperwork involved? Or can anyone just meet with the courts or wherever and just get married without information to record?

I don't need to know exact and specific details to know this is wrong. I agree with your last sentiment, that regardless of any specifics, they were ALL wrong.

The Saudi legal system is lacking in many areas but I do believe they have to have paperwork involved in a marriage. I also don't know how much they stick to Sharia there either or whether they use their own Wahhabi law. A woman must give her consent to marry three times in front of the Imam and witnesses in order for the marriage to be valid under Sharia. I married my wife in such a ceremony in Egypt.

If the marriage was done officially, then you can assume she gave her consent (if they follow Sharia).

jimnyc
06-24-2013, 06:08 AM
The Saudi legal system is lacking in many areas but I do believe they have to have paperwork involved in a marriage. I also don't know how much they stick to Sharia there either or whether they use their own Wahhabi law. A woman must give her consent to marry three times in front of the Imam and witnesses in order for the marriage to be valid under Sharia. I married my wife in such a ceremony in Egypt.

If the marriage was done officially, then you can assume she gave her consent (if they follow Sharia).

That's my point though, as I believe under a certain age and these women don't fully understand what they are consenting to. If they DO do paperwork there - what, if any, age restrictions are there on minors?

jafar00
06-24-2013, 07:13 AM
That's my point though, as I believe under a certain age and these women don't fully understand what they are consenting to. If they DO do paperwork there - what, if any, age restrictions are there on minors?

There isn't a legal age in KSA. In any case, the official who performed the marriage (if it was officially recorded) needs his head examined.

Voted4Reagan
06-24-2013, 07:44 AM
There isn't a legal age in KSA. In any case, the official who performed the marriage (if it was officially recorded) needs his head examined.

Would you support legislation in the KSA and all other Muslim/Arab Countries that requires an of an age of Consent?

18yo seems like a Fair age.

Would you support an age of consent of 18yo Jafar?

jafar00
06-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Would you support legislation in the KSA and all other Muslim/Arab Countries that requires an of an age of Consent?

18yo seems like a Fair age.

Would you support an age of consent of 18yo Jafar?

That would seem to be the universally accepted age for marriage in most of the world at the moment. The Australian Marriage Act allows for a 16 year old to marry if the other is 18 or over however but as a simple rule, it would be good if KSA made a firm commitment to regulating marriage in the kingdom.

Marcus Aurelius
06-24-2013, 08:15 AM
That would seem to be the universally accepted age for marriage in most of the world at the moment. The Australian Marriage Act allows for a 16 year old to marry if the other is 18 or over however but as a simple rule, it would be good if KSA made a firm commitment to regulating marriage in the kingdom.

Would you consider an older man, say 50, who tries to marry a young girl, say 9, a pedophile?

Abbey Marie
06-24-2013, 10:24 AM

Also very possible that her parents forced her into it.

Marcus Aurelius
06-24-2013, 10:30 AM

And again, you completely absolve the man who married the little girl.

I wonder why?

jimnyc
06-24-2013, 10:33 AM

Are there legal ages for one to no longer be a minor in other Islamic countries, or is this primarily just a fault of Saudi Arabia? I fully agree with your sentiment about who performed the marriage. But just as a scenario, since there are no age limits, suppose there was an official willing to perform the marriage - and along comes a 40 year old man, his family, the girls family, other relatives, all in agreement and all happy - but the girl is 8. That's legal?

Robert A Whit
06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Gabby found a pic of an old guy and younger --woman, she being gabby failed to note the difference between a 15 year old girl and an adult female. Which is the point of our objection. That and Islam's condoning old muslims marrying (underage )children ... She fails to get the point so often her middle name must be --dull... :laugh:

Tyr, I assure you that I am on your team on this matter.

My question though is like you, over the age. Bear in mind that in the USA, the legal age to marry once was 12. Today we don't do that. It may still be that a 15 year old can get married in some state provided the parents approve.

What is the legal age of consent in Saudi Arabia?

Gabby has a good point that more than the age of the girl, is the age of the man. It shocks me a family would want to marry off a daughter but for them getting more wealth. At least this girl was able to be divorced.

Hugh Hefner has spent his life having sex with girls barely legal. That is her point.

I do believe in the freedom to do what you want. If Saudi Arabia laws declare the girl letal to consent, it is then out of my area of real concern. I bet in some countries some kids who are 10 get married. That is much more a concern to me.

Again, you made some good points.

Abbey Marie
06-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Are there legal ages for one to no longer be a minor in other Islamic countries, or is this primarily just a fault of Saudi Arabia? I fully agree with your sentiment about who performed the marriage. But just as a scenario, since there are no age limits, suppose there was an official willing to perform the marriage - and along comes a 40 year old man, his family, the girls family, other relatives, all in agreement and all happy - but the girl is 8. That's legal?

Legal or not is one thing. Moral? Now that's the real question.

Robert A Whit
06-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Legal or not is one thing. Moral? Now that's the real question.

Is this country the judge and jury for what is moral all over Earth?

jafar00
06-24-2013, 09:55 PM

To my knowledge, KSA and Yemen are the only Arab countries without a minimum marriage age. The rest have limits between 18 and 21. In Egypt, who's law I was married under has a limit of 18.

Tyr, I assure you that I am on your team on this matter.

My question though is like you, over the age. Bear in mind that in the USA, the legal age to marry once was 12. Today we don't do that. It may still be that a 15 year old can get married in some state provided the parents approve.

What is the legal age of consent in Saudi Arabia?

There is no limit.

Hugh Hefner has spent his life having sex with girls barely legal. That is her point.

And he didn't even have the decency to marry them ;)

jimnyc
06-25-2013, 09:17 AM
To my knowledge, KSA and Yemen are the only Arab countries without a minimum marriage age. The rest have limits between 18 and 21. In Egypt, who's law I was married under has a limit of 18.

They need to get up with the times! And I would say the same about ANY country. I think children should be protected universally. Honestly, I don't think parents should be able to marry off children under age either. There's a "celebrity" here in the US named Courtney Stodden. I say celebrity, as she has been involved with reality TV crap, but she is more known for simply dressing like a slut, even when she was under age. Then she started "working" with Doug Hutchison online and they claim they fell in love. I think she was 15 when they started talking - and they got married when she was 16 - and her parents approved of and allowed this to happen. Oh, and he is 51 years old. His agent dropped him. His family was a little smarter and put distance between them after he did this. My belief is that SHE did this, and dresses the way she does, and is always half naked, simply all about $$$. And I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he has money in mind, as well as her parents, or more specifically, her Mom who is her manager. Yeah, manager of a little slut that runs around getting paid to drop the majority of her clothing off.

jafar00
06-25-2013, 09:56 PM
They need to get up with the times! And I would say the same about ANY country. I think children should be protected universally. Honestly, I don't think parents should be able to marry off children under age either. There's a "celebrity" here in the US named Courtney Stodden. I say celebrity, as she has been involved with reality TV crap, but she is more known for simply dressing like a slut, even when she was under age. Then she started "working" with Doug Hutchison online and they claim they fell in love. I think she was 15 when they started talking - and they got married when she was 16 - and her parents approved of and allowed this to happen. Oh, and he is 51 years old. His agent dropped him. His family was a little smarter and put distance between them after he did this. My belief is that SHE did this, and dresses the way she does, and is always half naked, simply all about $$$. And I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he has money in mind, as well as her parents, or more specifically, her Mom who is her manager. Yeah, manager of a little slut that runs around getting paid to drop the majority of her clothing off.

That sounds like a similar version of what may have happened here. I guess it's true when they say that "Money is the root of all evil".

Marcus Aurelius
06-25-2013, 11:19 PM
That sounds like a similar version of what may have happened here. I guess it's true when they say that "Money is the root of all evil".

A... the LOVE of money is the root of all evil... not the money itself.

B... Now that this little girl has divorced you and has your money, are you going to insist upon an honor killing? I hear that's big in Islam.