PDA

View Full Version : All-women jury chosen for George Zimmerman's trial

jimnyc
06-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Well, here we go, the trial is about to finally start, and Zimmerman will have his day in court. I hope all of the facts come out and that's what decides this case, not emotion or public opinion.

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — A jury of six women, five of them white, was picked Thursday to decide the second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who says he fatally shot Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, in self-defense.

Prosecutors have said Zimmerman, 29, racially profiled the 17-year-old Martin as he walked back from a convenience store on a rainy night in February 2012 wearing a dark hooded shirt.

The race and ethnicity of the sixth juror was not immediately available. Zimmerman identifies himself as Hispanic.

Two of the jurors recently moved to the area — one from Iowa and one from Chicago — and two are involved with rescuing animals as their hobbies.

One juror had a prior arrest, but she said it was disposed of and she thought she was treated fairly. Two jurors have guns in their homes. All of their names have been kept confidential and the panel will be sequestered for the trial.

Opening statements are scheduled for Monday.

The central Florida community of Sanford is in Seminole County, which is 78.5 percent white and 16.5 percent black, roughly mirroring the jury's racial makeup.

http://news.yahoo.com/women-jury-chosen-george-zimmermans-trial-185138496.html

Thunderknuckles
06-20-2013, 03:36 PM
If the majority are black women, Zimmerman is a dead man.

aboutime
06-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Hope Zimmerman is able to BEND OVER far enough to kiss his own butt....GOOD-BYE.

Seriously. I suspect. Despite what appears to be a heavily swayed, expected race driven jury. That at least one
of the Ladies of the jury has experience with troubled kids like Martin. I heard one woman of the jury moved from Chicago
to Florida to escape the kind of Black on Black crimes that city is experiencing. She left Chicago to make sure her children
didn't have to grow up in that kind of City.

Though I am probably wrong. I do believe he will get a fair trial. And should still take lessons on BENDING OVER.

Robert A Whit
06-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Time for predictions.

Guilty or not guilty?

I don't know all the facts but know what I have read on the internet.

I have a hunch .... Not Guilty.

He killed him but the Florida law allows such things.

All Jurors but one are white. CBS news just announced it.

logroller
06-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I didn't realize that Florida only has six jurors except in capital cases.

Abbey Marie
06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
If the majority are black women, Zimmerman is a dead man.

I heard it was 5 white women, and one black.

Gaffer
06-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Five white, one Hispanic. I'm pulling for Zimmerman.