PDA

View Full Version : This made my year on Weds...

KitchenKitten99
06-21-2013, 11:58 PM
One of the "Godfathers" of American-French cuisine, Thomas Keller, was in town for a book signing for his new book Bouchon Bakery.

I was fortunate enough to have a schedule that allowed me to go. I did, and I got a photo with me with him AND Sebastien Rouxel (Bouchon Bakery pastry chef). However I did something different... I did bring the book to sign, but I also brought him something else: A variety box of cigars hand-picked by me from our humidor as a 'thank you' to him for what he has done for the culinary world and being an inspiration. I did include a biz card but I didn't ask for anything in return. Maybe a small hope that he might one day be in the area and want to stop in for a stogie or two (yeah, wishful thinking but it's fun to dream).

Today, I get a call from his assistant and they are interested in doing something in conjunction with our shop sometime soon. I will hear from them via email in a few days. Below are the pics...

I am still in a bit of shock...

Marcus Aurelius
06-22-2013, 12:07 AM
One of the "Godfathers" of American-French cuisine, Thomas Keller, was in town for a book signing for his new book Bouchon Bakery.

I was fortunate enough to have a schedule that allowed me to go. I did, and I got a photo with me with him AND Sebastien Rouxel (Bouchon Bakery pastry chef). However I did something different... I did bring the book to sign, but I also brought him something else: A variety box of cigars hand-picked by me from our humidor as a 'thank you' to him for what he has done for the culinary world and being an inspiration. I did include a biz card but I didn't ask for anything in return. Maybe a small hope that he might one day be in the area and want to stop in for a stogie or two (yeah, wishful thinking but it's fun to dream).

Today, I get a call from his assistant and they are interested in doing something in conjunction with our shop sometime soon. I will hear from them via email in a few days. Below are the pics...

I am still in a bit of shock...

My first thought here was... dayum.. KK be a cutie!

My second was, lucky Byotch! Way to go, KK.

KitchenKitten99
06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
My first thought here was... dayum.. KK be a cutie!

My second was, lucky Byotch! Way to go, KK.

It's ok, it is perfectly normal to be jealous!!

Still haven't heard from them though. I shall wait patiently...

aboutime
06-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Way to go! Congrats. Best of luck to you.

By the way. I agree with Marcus. BIG DITTO!

Remind me of my wife...about 30 years ago. :)

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2013, 06:18 PM
apparently, if he's a chef, the way to a man's heart is through his lungs........