PDA

View Full Version : Smash Burger

jimnyc
06-22-2013, 12:57 PM
http://smashburger.com/

My wife and son went out for awhile and ended up there for lunch. They brought me back some gross sweet potato fries - and a smashing good cheeseburger! I was too lazy to pull out the excessive amount of onions that were on the burger, and I pretty much hate onions. There were like 6 or 7 small pickles too, which I don't care much for, and wouldn't put on myself, but was also too lazy to remove.

Even with that, pretty much one of the best cheeseburgers I ever had!! Onions, pickles, mustard and ketchup, don't know what kind of roll, but was very soft. At the entire sucker in like 6 bites and would have ate 12 more had I been with them. I suppose one will be ok, being that I'm trying to diet! I don't consider it cheating my diet when the knucklehead feeds me food. She's conscious of dieting, my weight and eating healthy. She has no control how I eat it like a trash compactor though. :)

Voted4Reagan
06-22-2013, 01:36 PM
MAn up... eat your lunch and stop acting like a little girl...

God... we're gonna have to call you CINDY....Or NANCY!

WiccanLiberal
06-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Think that burger was something? You should have seen the country style ribs I just served up. Am I proud of myself? Yeah.

gabosaurus
06-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Animal Fries from In N Out Burger. You know you want some.

http://www.cavemancircus.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2009/march/animal_style_fries_in_and_out.jpg

aboutime
06-23-2013, 07:29 PM
As a Pennsylvania born guy who lived less than one hour from the Dutch Country, and Lancaster, Pa.

You haven't really eaten a great, home-cooked style meal until you visit the Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant in
Bird-in-Hand, PA.
(look it up on Mapquest, or program it into your GPS system)
I'm not advertising for them. Just trying to stop my stomach from growling...remembering how great that FOOD really is.

If you ever get near Pennsylvania Dutch Country. You have got to EAT there.

Nothing like it anywhere else in this country. No matter how much bragging everyone does.

hjmick
06-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Bird-In-Hand...

Isn't that near Intercourse and Blue Ball?

aboutime
06-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Bird-In-Hand...

Yes. Route 422 west, and Route 30. Beautiful country, still living the way America used to be for much of America.

The Amish still ride around in their horse driven buggies.

You take a DEEP BREATH of clean air there too!

Jeff
06-23-2013, 09:47 PM
As a Pennsylvania born guy who lived less than one hour from the Dutch Country, and Lancaster, Pa.

You haven't really eaten a great, home-cooked style meal until you visit the Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant in
Bird-in-Hand, PA.
I'm not advertising for them. Just trying to stop my stomach from growling...remembering how great that FOOD really is.

Nothing like it anywhere else in this country. No matter how much bragging everyone does.

I know just where you mean and yes it is fantastic but I like to go to Goods ( at least that is the name of the store in front of the restaurant )it is all Amish and all home cooking , just the bakery alone will fill ya up , but there are so many good places to eat in Lancaster it is hard to decide where to go :laugh:

I hope to be up that way before it gets cool , its also a beautiful place to ride a bike

Voted4Reagan
06-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Bird-In-Hand...

Yup... sure is...

tailfins
06-23-2013, 10:24 PM

Bird-in-Hand, PA.

I go to that area every chance I get. Dienners in Ronks, PA is my favorite so far, but I will have to try the place you mentioned. The closer you can get to the unadulterated Amish the better. I figure they must be pretty close since many of the employees and customers are "plain" (Amish and Mennonite). I will have to try SmashBurger too if they have a location close to I-287.

http://www.dienners.com/