PDA

View Full Version : Youth "correctional" camps

Yurt
06-05-2007, 09:55 PM
My opinion, these things bother me. I remember the news in the 90s where these kids were getting seriously abused, some killed, whatnot. I continue to see in the news (seattletimes had one today about some kids who were molested) about kids getting messed up with these "camps".

These are not state run camps, and don't get me started on those, especially not CYA.

The parents should be able to control their kids. Apparently, in these cases, the parents willingly give their kids to these "camps".

What say you?

Dilloduck
06-05-2007, 10:04 PM
My opinion, these things bother me. I remember the news in the 90s where these kids were getting seriously abused, some killed, whatnot. I continue to see in the news (seattletimes had one today about some kids who were molested) about kids getting messed up with these "camps".

These are not state run camps, and don't get me started on those, especially not CYA.

The parents should be able to control their kids. Apparently, in these cases, the parents willingly give their kids to these "camps".

What say you?

I say it's a good place to recruit gang members.

Yurt
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I say it's a good place to recruit gang members.

What? That is what negative people are saying when we hold militants in Iraq, that when we hold them, that their time in bars is a great time and place for AQ to recruit.

Analysis? Differentiate?

Dilloduck
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
What? That is what negative people are saying when we hold militants in Iraq, that when we hold them, that their time in bars is a great time and place for AQ to recruit.

Analysis? Differentiate?

Key words--"negative people". They would and do say anything to trash the current administration, Soem of its legit--some is bullshit. I don't think the detainees can get any worse than they already were but the American prison population are gangs in training.

Yurt
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Key words--"negative people". They would and do say anything to trash the current administration, Soem of its legit--some is bullshit. I don't think the detainees can get any worse than they already were but the American prison population are gangs in training.

Ok, are these "camps" good for our kids.

TBH, the wife is asking the question about kids.... Ah, not now, but....

This was an issue when I was a teen, so just wondering what people thought, for I have I always viewed these "camps" as very bad.

Dilloduck
06-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Ok, are these "camps" good for our kids.

TBH, the wife is asking the question about kids.... Ah, not now, but....

This was an issue when I was a teen, so just wondering what people thought, for I have I always viewed these "camps" as very bad.

They can help the ones who are motivated to get some and can benefit from being away from their old environment but you also take the chance of them gettting involved with some real young sociopaths.

Yurt
06-05-2007, 10:41 PM
They can help the ones who are motivated to get some and can benefit from being away from their old environment but you also take the chance of them gettting involved with some real young sociopaths.

Ok, so do they help?