PDA

View Full Version : Got my hearing aids today.

Gaffer
06-25-2013, 11:37 AM
I went to the VA clinic and got my hearing aids today. And all I can say is WOW. So many sounds I never heard before. I didn't know the basement stairs squeaked. I heard birds singing and even the wind (what little there was) blowing.

When they did the measurements of my hearing they showed me the graph. It started at the low end of normal and dropped like the obama economy. Now when someone speaks to me their voice is clear as crystal. I'm not saying, what? or straining to figure out what they are talking about.

:dance:

jimnyc
06-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear it, Gaffer!! :salute:

Marcus Aurelius
06-25-2013, 11:52 AM
What?

aboutime
06-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Amen Gaffer. It really is a different World when you finally get to HEAR things you knew were there, but always missed before.

Congrats, and Welcome to the New World. Wait till someone asks you a question, or says something....and you don't have to say "What'd you say?"

Happy Day!

Syrenn
06-25-2013, 01:12 PM
:clap:

Marcus Aurelius
06-25-2013, 01:46 PM
:clap:

I can't hear you.

Gaffer
06-25-2013, 04:16 PM
I can't hear you.

But I can.

aboutime
06-25-2013, 04:42 PM
But I can.

Ain't it GREAT?????

Gaffer
06-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Ain't it GREAT?????

It sure is. The tech said I would probably take a few days to get use to them. But I haven't had a problem. They fit reall good and I have been wearing them all day with no discomfort. It feels weird when I take them off.

aboutime
06-25-2013, 05:05 PM
It sure is. The tech said I would probably take a few days to get use to them. But I haven't had a problem. They fit reall good and I have been wearing them all day with no discomfort. It feels weird when I take them off.

I had a chance to use a demo set about a year ago. Not sure about whether we can get Tricare to help with the costs. Most of my hearing slowly began to go away before I left the navy. As a Radioman. I had to copy hours, and hours of Morse Code drills in training exercises, and when the drills were over. It took several hours for my hearing to return.
I do know how great it feels for you. In fact. You may find yourself needing earplugs after you get used to them. The sounds you didn't hear before...are now ECHO CHAMBER quality.
Great to see you are enjoying the New Sounds of Life.

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2013, 06:12 PM
you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....

you can lead a jackass to hearing aids but you can't make him listen.....

Trinity
06-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Just glad you moved in with son and daughter in law before you got them......:laugh: