PDA

View Full Version : think about it...

logroller
06-26-2013, 06:34 AM
How is it in Obama’s interest at this point to have Snowden back? He’s famously allergic to capturing and prosecuting prominent enemies of the state because of the legal and political headaches involved. That explains 80 percent of his drone policy towards jihadis. If Russia hands him over, then O has to deal with protests here from Snowden fans and chilly White House coverage from sections of the press that are sympathetic to him. Capturing him now probably won’t stop the leaks, either. Glenn Greenwald was crowing again this morning that “the majority of revelations that are significant have yet to be made,” which I take it means the Guardian already knows all about what Snowden has. Seems strange for a newspaper to sit on national-security bombshells, unless they’re holding them back as leverage to warn the U.S. away from apprehending Snowden. If the feds grab him, maybe that’s the Guardian’s cue to start publishing stuff. In which case, if you’re O, leaving Snowden alone in Ecuador might be the lesser of two bad outcomes. Sure, it’d be a blow to U.S. credibility, but what’s left of U.S. credibility at this point? John Kerry’s already backing off some of yesterday’s tough talk towards Moscow. No one thinks the White House can or will do much apart from freezing extradition of prisoners to Russia, none of whom will be as valuable to them as Snowden is to the U.S. government. As seems so often true, we have few good foreign-policy cards to play.
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/25/putin-to-obama-yes-snowdens-at-the-moscow-airport-and-no-you-cant-have-him-back/

I put this in the conspiracy theory forum because I have to wonder if the whole snowden fiasco is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. What if its all just a rouse to distract the media and the American public from the Admin's activities. Has snowden said anything that really sparks upon activities We or the world's nations are surprised about? Upsetting perhaps, but not surprising. Might there be something else in the works that will escape scrutiny whilst everyone focuses upon Snowden and "classified intel" that everyone suspected anyways? Think about it...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-27-2013, 09:20 PM
How is it in Obama’s interest at this point to have Snowden back? He’s famously allergic to capturing and prosecuting prominent enemies of the state because of the legal and political headaches involved. That explains 80 percent of his drone policy towards jihadis. If Russia hands him over, then O has to deal with protests here from Snowden fans and chilly White House coverage from sections of the press that are sympathetic to him. Capturing him now probably won’t stop the leaks, either. Glenn Greenwald was crowing again this morning that “the majority of revelations that are significant have yet to be made,” which I take it means the Guardian already knows all about what Snowden has. Seems strange for a newspaper to sit on national-security bombshells, unless they’re holding them back as leverage to warn the U.S. away from apprehending Snowden. If the feds grab him, maybe that’s the Guardian’s cue to start publishing stuff. In which case, if you’re O, leaving Snowden alone in Ecuador might be the lesser of two bad outcomes. Sure, it’d be a blow to U.S. credibility, but what’s left of U.S. credibility at this point? John Kerry’s already backing off some of yesterday’s tough talk towards Moscow. No one thinks the White House can or will do much apart from freezing extradition of prisoners to Russia, none of whom will be as valuable to them as Snowden is to the U.S. government. As seems so often true, we have few good foreign-policy cards to play.
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/25/putin-to-obama-yes-snowdens-at-the-moscow-airport-and-no-you-cant-have-him-back/

I put this in the conspiracy theory forum because I have to wonder if the whole snowden fiasco is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. What if its all just a rouse to distract the media and the American public from the Admin's activities. Has snowden said anything that really sparks upon activities We or the world's nations are surprised about? Upsetting perhaps, but not surprising. Might there be something else in the works that will escape scrutiny whilst everyone focuses upon Snowden and "classified intel" that everyone suspected anyways? Think about it... BRAVO-- :beer: I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE ONTO SOMETHING HERE LOG. I have been wondering if it was a planned diversion myself. Still not sure but it sure is a possibility!!!! --Tyr

gabosaurus
06-27-2013, 11:45 PM
So we should send Seal Team Six into Russia to capture Snowden?

jimnyc
06-28-2013, 09:00 AM
So we should send Seal Team Six into Russia to capture Snowden?

WTF? Who even stated anything even remotely close to this? Try reading, and comprehending, and you'll have a better shot of appearing to know what you're talking about.