PDA

View Full Version : Texas woman set to be 500th execution in state

red states rule
06-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Another killer may assume room temp and I glad to see the state of Texas enforce the laws on their books

Texas, the nation's busiest death penalty state, is set to mark a solemn moment in criminal justice Wednesday with the execution of convicted killer Kimberly McCarthy.

If McCarthy is put to death in Huntsville as planned, she would become the 500th person executed in Texas since the state resumed carrying out the death penalty in 1982. The 52-year-old also would be the first woman executed in the U.S. since 2010.

McCarthy's attorney, Maurie Levin, said she has exhausted all efforts to block the execution, after denials by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
"If there was something to appeal, I would," said Levin.

Texas has carried out nearly 40 percent of the more than 1,300 executions in U.S. since the Supreme Court allowed capital punishment to resume in 1976. The state's standing stems from its size as the nation's second most populous state as well as its tradition of tough justice for killers.

With increased debate in recent years over wrongful convictions, some states have halted the practice entirely. However, 32 states have the death penalty on the books. Still, it's clear the debate over capital punishment has touched Texas, with lawmakers providing more sentencing options for juries and courts narrowing the cases for which death can be sought.

McCarthy faces execution for the 1997 robbery, beating and fatal stabbing of retired college psychology professor Dorothy Booth. Booth had agreed to give McCarthy a cup of sugar before she was attacked with a butcher knife at her home in Lancaster, about 15 miles south of Dallas. Authorities say McCarthy cut off Booth's finger to remove her wedding ring.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26/texas-woman-set-to-be-500th-execution-in-state/?test=latestnews#ixzz2XMBWZJVf

aboutime
06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Wow! Texas just achieved something the City of Chicago did...in ONE YEAR.

Difference is. In Chicago...it was done with the blessings of Politicians against Guns.

In Texas. There was no gun used. But it worked effectively.

red states rule
06-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Wow! Texas just achieved something the City of Chicago did...in ONE YEAR.

Difference is. In Chicago...it was done with the blessings of Politicians against Guns.

In Texas. There was no gun used. But it worked effectively.

Texas enforces their laws. If you murder someone in Texas you will pay with your life. I will enjoy watching the usual bleeding hearts whine about this bitch having to pay the piper. Given a chance she would kill them as well as they were pleading her case

aboutime
06-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Texas enforces their laws. If you murder someone in Texas you will pay with your life. I will enjoy watching the usual bleeding hearts whine about this bitch having to pay the piper. Given a chance she would kill them as well as they were pleading her case

True red states rule. Difference is. Not One of the Bleeding hearts has the power to BRING THE BIATCH BACK! That's GOOD!

red states rule
06-26-2013, 03:45 PM
True red states rule. Difference is. Not One of the Bleeding hearts has the power to BRING THE BIATCH BACK! That's GOOD!

and after it is all said and done, the bitch will never harm anyone else

Robert A Whit
06-26-2013, 04:24 PM

Texas calls it "thinning the herd."

red states rule
06-26-2013, 04:25 PM

and I support it 100&. With DNA evidence you cannot convict the wrong person

And this bitch is guilty as hell and is about face justice

Noir
06-26-2013, 05:16 PM

Wrong.
My mum was attending a seminar recently about misleading DNA evidence (she works as a legal executive) and how it can be unintentionally misinterpreted (especially mathematically).

aboutime
06-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Wrong.
My mum was attending a seminar recently about misleading DNA evidence (she works as a legal executive) and how it can be unintentionally misinterpreted (especially mathematically).

Noir. There are seminar's like that around the world, organized, and sponsored by everyone who believes DNA evidence must ALWAYS be flawed, and used by Crooked Cops, Prosecutor's, and Judges to throw the Innocent in jail.

So. Your Wrong...is WRONG!

red states rule
06-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Wrong.

You remind me of a friend of mine who works at the local jail. It is amazing every inmate in there says they are innocent and were "set up"

jafar00
06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
OMG! They are executing women in Texas! Sharia took over! aaaargh! :p

Marcus Aurelius
06-26-2013, 08:15 PM
OMG! They are executing women in Texas! Sharia took over! aaaargh! :p

Go fuck yourself, you pedophile worshiping freak. Completely different, and even one with your limited mental faculties knows it.

she isnt being executed for being raped.

jimnyc
06-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Go fuck yourself, you pedophile worshiping freak. Completely different, and even one with your limited mental faculties knows it.

C'mon, that's a bit harsh over what was an obvious joke. At least save the venom for when it's deserved.

jafar00
06-26-2013, 11:49 PM
C'mon, that's a bit harsh over what was an obvious joke. At least save the venom for when it's deserved.

I guess truth hurts. It seems that is not ok to execute a woman unless it is done in Texas.

Marcus Aurelius
06-26-2013, 11:56 PM
I guess truth hurts. It seems that is not ok to execute a woman unless it is done in Texas.

you really are a dumb ass.

Muslim women have been executed for being raped. Muslim women have been killed by family members for being raped. A legal, court ordered execution of a woman in Texas is not even remotely close to the same thing, and you know it. Or, maybe you arte just too fucking stupid to realize the truth.

jafar00
06-27-2013, 01:18 AM
you really are a dumb ass.

Muslim women have been executed for being raped. Muslim women have been killed by family members for being raped. A legal, court ordered execution of a woman in Texas is not even remotely close to the same thing, and you know it. Or, maybe you arte just too fucking stupid to realize the truth.

Thou "arte" missing the point. Back on ignore with you, heathen.

red states rule
06-27-2013, 01:31 AM

You are an obnoxious sob jafar. This bitch murdered a women in cold blood and she has now assumed room temp.

Texas on Wednesday executed its 500th inmate since it reinstated the death penalty in 1982, passing a grim milestone in the state that has executed more prisoners than any other in the country.

As a few dozen protesters gathered outside the prison in Huntsville, Kimberly Lagayle McCarthy, 52, was put to death by lethal injection at 6:37 p.m. (7:37 p.m. ET), according to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, making her one of a small number of women to have been executed.

John Hurt, a spokesman for the Texas prison system, told The Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/20130626-woman-set-to-die-tonight-for-killing-lancaster-neighbor-meeting-with-advisers-having-last-meal.ece) that McCarthy joked with prison staff and was "not downcast" in her final hours. She was offered the same meal as other inmates: pepper steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, mixed vegetables and white cake with chocolate icing.

McCarthy, a former cocaine addict, was convicted of killing her 71-year-old neighbor during a 1997 robbery. She was found guilty of using a butcher knife and a candelabra to beat and stab retired college professor Dorothy Booth. Using the same knife, she severed Booth's finger to steal her wedding ring.

McCarthy was granted a retrial by an appeals court in 2002 on the ground that police had obtained her confession illegally, but she was sentenced to death row again.

Members of Booth's family say they don’t care about Texas' macabre tally, only about justice for their loved one.

"The only significance for us is that Kimberly McCarthy, because of her crack cocaine addiction or her sociopathic personality, deprived us of Dorothy Booth," Randy Browning, Booth's godson, told The Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20130625-lancaster-woman-to-become-texas-500th-modern-execution.ece). "Whether it's the 500th or the 5,000th, it doesn't matter."
Browning had said he planned to attend the execution Wednesday evening.

A death row inmate is executed every three weeks in Texas, a rate that far exceeds that of any other state. Texas is the leader in executions in the U.S. by about 400, with Virginia a distant second. Since the Supreme Court ruled on death penalty laws in 1977, Texas has accounted for 40 percent of the more than 1,300 executions nationwide.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/26/19152294-texas-carries-out-landmark-500th-execution?lite

Noir
06-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Noir. There are seminar's like that around the world, organized, and sponsored by everyone who believes DNA evidence must ALWAYS be flawed, and used by Crooked Cops, Prosecutor's, and Judges to throw the Innocent in jail. So. Your Wrong...is WRONG!

The seminars themselves are run by judges and prosecutors, through the Law Society....

Not saying it "must always be flawed" at all, but its certainly not full proof, and is open to misinterpretation. Especially if a juror is of the opinion of RSR.

jimnyc
06-27-2013, 06:03 AM

That's not true either. The only issue with women being executed in Islam, as expressed here, that I know of - was due to the "crime" they committed, which in some instances was no crime at all. Other times it was the way they performed the execution, as in stoning, public beheading or slow public hangings. I think you'll have trouble showing us a single instance where someone complained about Muslims executing a woman just because she was a woman.

jimnyc
06-27-2013, 06:10 AM
The seminars themselves are run by judges and prosecutors, through the Law Society....

Not saying it "must always be flawed" at all, but its certainly not full proof, and is open to misinterpretation. Especially if a juror is of the opinion of RSR.

Is it flawed? Let's just say that nothing is 100% foolproof. But DNA is as close to perfection as we're going to get. For example, if someone leaves a bloody fingerprint at a crime scene, and then a sample of a suspect matches, the odds of them being wrong are extremely small. Is DNA correct 100% of the time though? No, it's not. But the majority of times it is incorrect is due to poor handling, contamination or other issues that lead to the misinterpretation you speak of. Any lack of accuracy can generally be blamed on "man" and less on the DNA.

jimnyc
06-27-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm reading around more now and will post "definitive" stats from the FBI if I can find it. One a few pages so far, none worthy of citing (Yahoo answers and Wiki answers), they cite FBI stats - they say there are 13 markers in DNA comparisons, and generally if 9 match they consider it the same. For 9 to match, the FBI states the odds of them being different people are 1 in 113 billion. Some state that this can still be wrong, that 9 markers before has been found to be 2 different people. Why not increase that then, to 10 or 11? Maybe there's a scientific reason. But look at the odds at 9, what would the odds be if they went higher?

Jeff
06-27-2013, 06:28 AM

So much for it being a joke :laugh:

aboutime
06-27-2013, 03:15 PM

Exactly! And we all know some Judges, prosecutors, and lawyers also have the same feelings you do. Otherwise. Why have a seminar?

Robert A Whit
06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=648899#post648899)

And this bitch is guilty as hell and is about face justice

Seems the jury and all appeals judges thought so.

Ah well, by now she may be fertilising plants.

red states rule
06-27-2013, 03:43 PM

I understand Noir the last person you would want on any jury - and your jury - would be someone like me. Someone who cares only about the physical evidence and NOT how the defendant may have had a drug problem. Was abused as a child. Were bet wetters. Was the victim of racism, Ect,ect, ect\

Yes Noir I am not a bleeding heart. If you do the crime and I am on the jury. I will do what I can to see to it you will do the time

Robert A Whit
06-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Wrong.

Judge Judy would tell you that is hearsay.

red states rule
06-27-2013, 04:16 PM

She would kick Noir out of her courtroom within 3 minutes. She does not buy the usual bleeding heart excuses for people committing crimes

Robert A Whit
06-27-2013, 04:57 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=649070#post649070)

She would kick Noir out of her courtroom within 3 minutes. She does not buy the usual bleeding heart excuses for people committing crimes

She won't take such nonsense for sure.

aboutime
06-27-2013, 05:03 PM

Remember the name of Judge Judy's book. "Don't Pee on me, and tell me it's raining!"
That's her attitude on just about anything, and everything.

Imagine her as a Senator? Harry Reid would turn into a slippery Slug, looking for a place to hide.

red states rule
06-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Remember the name of Judge Judy's book. "Don't Pee on me, and tell me it's raining!"

Imagine her as a Senator? Harry Reid would turn into a slippery Slug, looking for a place to hide.

Just as in voting - an informed and educated juror is Noir's worst nightmare

aboutime
06-28-2013, 02:58 PM

CORRECTION: J.J's book was titled "Don't pee on my leg, and tell me it's raining!"