PDA

View Full Version : The Republican debate on CNN

theHawk
06-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Did anyone see this? I only caught the last hour or so. I liked what I heard from Duncan, although he didn't get as much air time as Mitt, McCain and Rudy.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/06/nh.gop.debate/index.html

krisy
06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
I'e only seen clips. One of them was Rudy discussing his pro choice stance and it was apparently storming outside. Some lightning caused some interference or something at the same time he was talking. They all proceeded to laugh about it,in the sense that God was putting his two sense in.

theHawk
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Heh yea, I missed that. Did he get to repeat himself or are we left in the dark about what he said?

-Cp
06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Howcome they'd give ANY Time to freakin' Wolf Blitz? He's an anti-american commie...

In addition, why does CNN harp on the faith questions to the republicans and not the dems?

06-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Id like to see Glenn Beck be the moderator. You never know what he is going to ask lol

Abbey Marie
06-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Did anyone see this? I only caught the last hour or so. I liked what I heard from Duncan, although he didn't get as much air time as Mitt, McCain and Rudy.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/06/nh.gop.debate/index.html

I missed this debate, but Duncan Hunter was my clear fave in the first one. :thumb:

chum43
06-06-2007, 01:43 PM
did anyone else get really creeped out when they started talking about religion and creationism... it felt like a cult meeting... is this really what sells in america now? I mean I don't mind the old fashioned, I believe in god and I pray and go to church stuff, but my god, it was really really creepy.

Pale Rider
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
did anyone else get really creeped out when they started talking about religion and creationism... it felt like a cult meeting... is this really what sells in america now? I mean I don't mind the old fashioned, I believe in god and I pray and go to church stuff, but my god, it was really really creepy.

NO. I didn't get creeped out at all. As a matter of fact, it was REFRESHING.

Pale Rider
06-06-2007, 08:21 PM
McCain... stick a fork in him.... he's done.

Mit Romney.... a little too slick. I think if he was elected, we'd have more status quo than we want.

Guiliani... pro abortion... anti gun... he is NOT a TRUE CONSERVATIVE. I will NEVER vote for him, even if he is the republican nominee.

Ron Paul... he's a meely mouthed little moonbat. Someone PLEASE tell him to go home.

ANY ONE of the other candidates, I'd vote for any one of them. They're all good men. However, first choice, Tom Tancredo, second choice, Huckabee, third, Tommy Thompson, forth, well, depends on who else joins the race. Forth would probably be Fred Thompson. But this line up also depends on whether or not Newt runs. I believe he is. If so, it will be a toss up for me between him and Tancredo for my first pick. Newt would make an outstanding President.

chum43
06-07-2007, 02:24 AM
you're right giuliani is terrible and mccain doesn't stand a shot... but newt gingrich? I can't and will not vote for any candidate that supports tracking every person in the country with these national ID cards and ID checkpoints and databases and all that, it cannot happen... and he is pretty much first in line, which is sad because he's not bad on most other issues.

and again all I ever hear bad about ron paul is a repeat of the sort of image of him portrayed by the media, never anything dealing with the issues, except when they put words in his mouth and claim he's wrong when he's right.

06-07-2007, 02:27 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bIa7DfW-YU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bIa7DfW-YU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I havent seen the debate yet. But i was surprised to see this today by the way you were talking and what ive heard on the news. Interesting.

chum43
06-07-2007, 02:27 AM
It's also why I can't vote for tom tancredo, as much as I like him on EVERYTHING else, he wants complete survellience without any regard for the rights of law abiding americans.

chum43
06-07-2007, 02:31 AM
that video reminded me how stupid alot of voters are... it's all about how you come across not what you stand for, does it bother anyone else that the issues are never discussed in relation to their effect on the country, only how it effects the popularity of the candidate?

Pale Rider
06-07-2007, 04:40 AM
you're right giuliani is terrible and mccain doesn't stand a shot... but newt gingrich? I can't and will not vote for any candidate that supports tracking every person in the country with these national ID cards and ID checkpoints and databases and all that, it cannot happen... and he is pretty much first in line, which is sad because he's not bad on most other issues.

and again all I ever hear bad about ron paul is a repeat of the sort of image of him portrayed by the media, never anything dealing with the issues, except when they put words in his mouth and claim he's wrong when he's right.

The only people that will be required to carry a national I.D. card will be aliens. Not you and I, or any other "legal" American citizen.

Pale Rider
06-07-2007, 04:45 AM
It's also why I can't vote for tom tancredo, as much as I like him on EVERYTHING else, he wants complete survellience without any regard for the rights of law abiding americans.

I am a member of Team Tancredo, and I receive DAILY updates. I can ASSURE you, Tom Tancredo does NOT want "COMPLETE SURVELLIENCE without any regard for the rights of law abiding Americans." That is a FALSEHOOD, a LIE. Please do not make those claims unless you have valid proof to back it up, and a link to such proof.

Pale Rider
06-07-2007, 04:47 AM
you're right giuliani is terrible and mccain doesn't stand a shot... but newt gingrich?

Yes... Newt Gingrich. I would vote for Newt with complete confidence. He's a brilliant man, and a good American. Before you pass judgement, read up on what he stands for. It may change your mind. AND... he just MAY be the republican candidate. You never know.

Gaffer
06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Didn't watch the debates as they were on cnn the commie news network. I refuse to watch that station for any reason.

I like Tancredo and I like Newt and Fred Thompson. Want to see one of them running and maybe one of them as the VP as well, that would be cool.

chum43
06-07-2007, 01:19 PM
The only people that will be required to carry a national I.D. card will be aliens. Not you and I, or any other "legal" American citizen.

are you joking? the real ID act calls for the federalization of driving licences and state ID's, EVERYONE in the US will need to get a national ID card, thats fact, thats the way it's going to happen as of may 2008 and as of yet only a couple states have taken any action to try and block it.

as for tom tancredo, it's really minor, but it's too important to me to be able to vote for him, honestly if it weren't for the national ID stuff he'd be my second choice, hell he probably still is my second choice as there are only like 2 candidates that are opposed to the national ID stuff...
http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Tom_Tancredo_Homeland_Security.htm

from the link mainly...
Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant.
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight.
Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists.(but everyone needs to have one)

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 12:26 AM
are you joking? the real ID act calls for the federalization of driving licences and state ID's, EVERYONE in the US will need to get a national ID card, thats fact, thats the way it's going to happen as of may 2008 and as of yet only a couple states have taken any action to try and block it.

as for tom tancredo, it's really minor, but it's too important to me to be able to vote for him, honestly if it weren't for the national ID stuff he'd be my second choice, hell he probably still is my second choice as there are only like 2 candidates that are opposed to the national ID stuff...
http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Tom_Tancredo_Homeland_Security.htm

from the link mainly...
Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant.
Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight.
Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists.(but everyone needs to have one)

Whatever... how is a national I.D. that can't be copied different from a D.L., or having a social security number?

Now that I know his voting record, I like him even more.