PDA

View Full Version : Justice Scalia rips 'em like they should be ripped....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-26-2013, 05:33 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/06/scalias-blistering-dissent-on-doma/277245/ I believe he went about as far a as he could on scolding the morons and am personally sure he's like nothing better than to kick a few azzes. He couldn't just call them biased dumbasses that based their decision on PCness and personal opinion, but I bet he wished that he could be so bold.-Tyr Scalia's Blistering Dissent on DOMA The conservative jurist rips Justice Kennedy for, he says, declaring gay marriage opponents "enemies of the human race." Reuters
Dissenting from this morning's opinion on the Defense of Marriage Act, Justice Antonin Scalia -- as expected -- holds nothing back.
In a ripping dissent, Scalia says that Justice Anthony Kennedy and his colleagues in the majority have resorted to calling opponents of gay marriage "enemies of the human race."
But to defend traditional marriage is not to condemn, demean, or humiliate those who would prefer other arrangements, any more than to defend the Constitution of the United States is to con- demn, demean, or humiliate other constitutions. To hurl such accusations so casually demeans this institution. In the majority's judgment, any resistance to its holding is beyond the pale of reasoned disagreement. To question its high-handed invalidation of a presumptively valid statute is to act (the majority is sure) with the purpose to "dis- parage," "injure," "degrade," "demean," and "humiliate" our fellow human beings, our fellow citizens, who are homo- sexual. All that, simply for supporting an Act that did no more than codify an aspect of marriage that had been unquestioned in our society for most of its existence -- indeed, had been unquestioned in virtually all societies for virtually all of human history. It is one thing for a society to elect change; it is another for a court of law to impose change by adjudging those who oppose it hostes humani generis, enemies of the human race.

Scalia says that the court's holding - while limited to the Defense of Marriage Act - is a sure sign that the majority is willing to declare gay marriage a constitutional right.

revelarts
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
:clap::clap: Thank you Mr. Scalia.

"Enemies of the Human Race".
Good NIGHT!
So does make us terrorist Now?
Enemy combatants?
That's designation has got to have some criminal connotation.
It sounds like we're Nazi fugitives or something. And you hunt down real Nazis. Jail and execute them in Germany and Israel.

Several pastor have been predicting that they will begin to jail Christain for our beliefs.
If we stick to them that is.
Hate speech laws are just the beginning.
All of our tolerant pagan , muslim, and gay neighbors who only want love and respect seem to want to put us in jail or make us STHU.

KarlMarx
06-26-2013, 09:07 PM
The problem with the gay rights movement is not that they're gay. It's that they tolerate no disagreement with their positions. They been very clever at convincing the general public that merely disagreeing with them is tantamount to a mental illness.

They are winning the cultural war, if they have not already won it already. I do not think for an instant that once they win the so called "right" to gay marriage in all 50 states that they will stop there.

I believe that once that gay marriage is legalized in all 50 states (and it will be, most likely by government decree or a judicial ruling), churches will be forced to perform gay marriage or face fines. I also think that the mere teaching that homosexuality is immoral will be classified a hate crime. It's entirely possible, it is a crime to do just that in Canada.

Once the gays destroy the right to free speech and free exercise of religion in this country, I'm sure the other remaining rights will be child's play for them to take from us..... all in the name of "equality" and "tolerance", of course!

Missileman
06-26-2013, 09:28 PM
I believe that once that gay marriage is legalized in all 50 states (and it will be, most likely by government decree or a judicial ruling), churches will be forced to perform gay marriage or face fines. I also think that the mere teaching that homosexuality is immoral will be classified a hate crime. It's entirely possible, it is a crime to do just that in Canada.

There's no way you can force a church to perform a marriage any more than you could force a Baptist church to perform a Bhuddist ceremony. Ain't gonna happen.

KarlMarx
06-26-2013, 09:51 PM
There's no way you can force a church to perform a marriage any more than you could force a Baptist church to perform a Bhuddist ceremony. Ain't gonna happen.

Considering the Obama Administration's attempt to force churches to provide health insurance that provided for abortion, I don't see how this would not be a possibility. We already have a government that is continually eroding our rights.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-27-2013, 10:30 AM
It was a direct attack upon Christians and Christian principles. The majority of the court decided to favor the tiny minority over the majority and thus toss aside the logic and reasoning of our history. In doing that they actually did demonize the opponents of gay marriage and take it upon themselves to be judges of morality. Scalia should have called them what they are political, biased and sold out dipshits that disgraced the SCOTUS. This after Justice Roberts's complete flip flop to uphold obamacare tells me the SCOTUS has been corrupted and is controlled by outside forces. Kagan refusing to recuse herself(totally disgraceful) and Roberts's flip flop should have told every decent and intelligent American that the SCOTUS has been seeded with dishonorable people, two for sure are Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor both Obama appointees. Folks, within a decade we will see radical and blatant Christian persecutions here is my prediction. Obama and his court are setting the stage. And this persecution is coming primarily from the muslim influences in our government. Do not think that CAIR hasn't bought and paid for high federal government officials. Now they have Obama as their guy in charge. How about that Obama issuing Executive orders to go around Congress again? This time on climate change bullshat. As I've said he is a damn ffing traitor and a sorry bastard! - Tyr

jimnyc
06-27-2013, 10:37 AM
I also think that the mere teaching that homosexuality is immoral will be classified a hate crime.

Already, you are labeled as a 'hater' and 'homophobe' if you disagree with gay marriage.