PDA

View Full Version : What type of gift?

jimnyc
06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
So this Saturday the 29th I will be married for 19 years. Bad times and good times, somehow we've made it this far. Anyone willing to put up with me for that long deserves a medal of some sort, but I can't afford one of them no more than I can afford diamond earrings right now.

The gift giving thing gets different the longer you're married. Now it's "our" money being spent on any gift. I've done every card imaginable, every flower, every candy. The typical things just feel like you're going through the motions. I can get a card and perfume with my eyes closed. And then it always feels like a repeat of the year before, or the birthday before.

I'd like to get something a little different to break up the same 'ol, same 'ol. Also something not too flashy or expensive, as I can't afford much right now, and she would just get mad if I got anything costly. Hell, after 19 years, I'm clueless as to what she would like! Probably a book for her kindle, or a movie, but they feel like weird gifts for an anniversary.

I don't want to do something because I am obligated, but because I really do want to do something nice. Yeah, yeah, I know it's rare of me to be nice, but it happens!

Maybe something small, but special, that involves some thought. But I'm clueless, so maybe I can borrow some thoughts from you guys? :)

Missileman
06-26-2013, 09:32 PM
So this Saturday the 29th I will be married for 19 years. Bad times and good times, somehow we've made it this far. Anyone willing to put up with me for that long deserves a medal of some sort, but I can't afford one of them no more than I can afford diamond earrings right now.

The gift giving thing gets different the longer you're married. Now it's "our" money being spent on any gift. I've done every card imaginable, every flower, every candy. The typical things just feel like you're going through the motions. I can get a card and perfume with my eyes closed. And then it always feels like a repeat of the year before, or the birthday before.

I'd like to get something a little different to break up the same 'ol, same 'ol. Also something not too flashy or expensive, as I can't afford much right now, and she would just get mad if I got anything costly. Hell, after 19 years, I'm clueless as to what she would like! Probably a book for her kindle, or a movie, but they feel like weird gifts for an anniversary.

I don't want to do something because I am obligated, but because I really do want to do something nice. Yeah, yeah, I know it's rare of me to be nice, but it happens!

Maybe something small, but special, that involves some thought. But I'm clueless, so maybe I can borrow some thoughts from you guys? :)

Lots of women go gaga for charm bracelets. You can start with a charm or 2 and add more as gifts for future events. You might also consider a spa treatment.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2013, 06:32 AM
It won't get to you on time, but these lockets can be custom-designed with charms that are special to you two or just her, to go inside: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900&va=origami+owl I have one with our initials, a heart, a cross, and a few other things. I also really appreciate a gift of my husband doing something for the house, like plant a new tree or azalea, etc.

Jeff
06-27-2013, 06:46 AM
Lots of women go gaga for charm bracelets. You can start with a charm or 2 and add more as gifts for future events. You might also consider a spa treatment.

Jim I got Laura this new kind of charm bracelet ( new to me anyway ) it was inexpensive and she loved it , it has different colors all representing something different , the one I bought I was allowed to pick like 4 charms with it and then you add on as time goes , give me a holler and I will explain it better , or Laura has been pissing me off so I could just send ya hers :laugh:

OIne year I bought Laura a pistol , yup it looks great in my cabinet and honestly she does have fun shooting it but you living in NY I reckon that isn't likely to happen

Another good idea that is very reasonable is cook her a fantastic dinner get a babysitter for Jordan and surprise her with a candle lit dinner and get rose pedals and lay them out from the dining room to a nice warm tub with candles and her best smell good stuf she likes to bath with then while she is in the tub make a trail of rose pedals from the tub to the bedroom where you can be waiting for her , this way ya both get a present and she thinks you are such a sweet romantic kind of guy ;)

What ever you decide congratulations to you both I hope yall have a wonderful day :2up:

Voted4Reagan
06-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Now Jim.... This might get you killed or at the very least seriously injured....

Tell her you're getting her a Boob Job! Size 48E to be exact...

Then run for your life....

http://boobiewednesday.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/boobies2.jpg

Voted4Reagan
06-27-2013, 06:56 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJzq9X4N3IvkQ2cVhet7HUl1PoDZg3B aqwPi-Cv1tWdqs8rCwS

cadet
06-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Buy her a YMCA membership card and some work out cloths.

Voted4Reagan
06-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Power Tools make a great gift idea for any occasion...

So does...

LINGERIE

http://fredericks.scene7.com/is/image/Fredericks/56250_IS?$mainredesign$

jimnyc
06-27-2013, 10:34 AM

Seems like others are on-board with the charm bracelet idea. I'm a horrible husband, I don't even know if she has one already!! I suppose if she does, I could claim I got her one with "meaning" since it came from me. The spa is another great idea. She's always liked getting small things done like her nails and toenails, and of course a spa day where she can get pampered. I think the place in the next town over offers one where you get everything and spend the day there. I'm almost afraid to see how much it costs! She pays over $200 to get her hair done monthly! Damn, I pay $16 I think it is at the barber.

It won't get to you on time, but these lockets can be custom-designed with charms that are special to you two or just her, to go inside: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900&va=origami+owl I have one with our initials, a heart, a cross, and a few other things. I also really appreciate a gift of my husband doing something for the house, like plant a new tree or azalea, etc.

Very interesting, and unique! I bookmarked a few sites to go back and price, and see about their shipping. She would LOVE it if I did the tree or flower thing. I have a black thumb instead of a green thumb though! We do have a tree in our front yard, but it's dying a slow death since we moved in, and only blooms for like 2 weeks out of the year. Damn thing makes our house look haunted!

Jim I got Laura this new kind of charm bracelet ( new to me anyway ) it was inexpensive and she loved it , it has different colors all representing something different , the one I bought I was allowed to pick like 4 charms with it and then you add on as time goes , give me a holler and I will explain it better , or Laura has been pissing me off so I could just send ya hers :laugh:

OIne year I bought Laura a pistol , yup it looks great in my cabinet and honestly she does have fun shooting it but you living in NY I reckon that isn't likely to happen

Another good idea that is very reasonable is cook her a fantastic dinner get a babysitter for Jordan and surprise her with a candle lit dinner and get rose pedals and lay them out from the dining room to a nice warm tub with candles and her best smell good stuf she likes to bath with then while she is in the tub make a trail of rose pedals from the tub to the bedroom where you can be waiting for her , this way ya both get a present and she thinks you are such a sweet romantic kind of guy ;)

What ever you decide congratulations to you both I hope yall have a wonderful day :2up:

Thanks! And yeah, send me Laura's, that'll save me money AND time for shopping!! :lol: Doesn't have the kids names or her name does it? :dunno:

Now Jim.... This might get you killed or at the very least seriously injured....

Tell her you're getting her a Boob Job! Size 48E to be exact...

Then run for your life....

Yeah, that wouldn't go over too well! Besides, that's MUCH too large. I'd rather a fairly flat chest than something that monstrous!

Buy her a YMCA membership card and some work out cloths.

That's like giving her a card with the writing inside saying "Honey, you're a fat fuck, here's a gym membership so you..." :lol:

Power Tools make a great gift idea for any occasion...

So does...

LINGERIE

She hates lingerie, it would be a waste of money. Hell, she doesn't even like sexy underwear.

But you're saying that it might be acceptable to get the new cordless drill I've been looking at? :coffee:

Marcus Aurelius
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM
http://evacuumstore.com/images/Category/icon/1503.jpg

http://theprofessionalhypochondriac.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/hair-color1.jpg

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/scale1.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5dbl21eoR1r1ufiyo1_400.jpg

Oh wait... you said what TO give, not what NOT to give.

Never mind.

Marcus Aurelius
06-27-2013, 10:54 AM
You're saying that it might be acceptable to get the new cordless drill I've been looking at? :coffee:

The only cordless drill she wants to see is yours.:poke:

But she'd probably appreciate it if you learned how to use it first ;)

Voted4Reagan
06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Buy her a Sybian.... She'll worship you as a GOD.

Marcus Aurelius
06-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Buy her a Sybian.... She'll worship you as a GOD.

That would boot him out of one of the last fun parts of marriage. All he'd have left is taking out the trash and cutting the grass.

Voted4Reagan
06-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Buy her a copy of Cooking for Dummies

http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9780764572067_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

Trigg
06-27-2013, 01:55 PM
First of all CONGRATS!!!

Whatever you end up getting her include a handmade card. You can do pictures off of facebook and include plenty of mushy stuff about how much you love her inside.

Marcus Aurelius
06-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Just tie a bow around yer johnson, and tell her she'll get the real gift after the kids go to sleep ;)