PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Duckworth Deplores Witness for Claiming Veterans Disability

red states rule
06-27-2013, 02:51 AM
I do not like her political beliefs, but I have to give credit to Rep Duckworth for taking this idiot to the woodshed over a fake VA disability claim.

I do not care what you think of Rep. Tammy Duckworth’s politics. Please watch all of this. It takes a moment to get going, but she incisively, fairly calmly, and with more authentically hard-earned moral authority than most of us can imagine, eviscerates a guy claiming a high-school football injury as a way to get preferred treatment meant for wounded vets in government contracting. (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/26/duckworth-rips-witness-over-veterans-disability-claim/)
Castillo, president and CEO of an IT company called Strong Castle, reported a foot injury he sustained in 1984 at the U.S Military Academy Preparatory School, according to a report released by the committee. He was honorably discharged in his first year at the school, and later went on to play football at the University of San Diego as quarterback and linebacker.
Seeking to acquire a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business credential–designed by the Small Business Administration to help veterans apply for federal contracts–he listed his injury as his qualification. After reporting ongoing pain and treatment for his foot, Castillo was granted a 30% disability rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs, with the highest rating for injuries below the knee being 40%.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/26/video-rep-tammy-duckworth-slams-witness-over-shady-veterans-disability-claim/

Watch the video - she is fantastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rPOKm20wP4s

red states rule
06-27-2013, 04:10 PM
I wonder how things would be different if Ms Duckworth was Sec of State. I would love to see her kicking the asses of our enemies like she did that lazy piece of trash

aboutime
06-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Though I have disagreed with Duckworth for as long as she has been in Congress.

As a fellow Veteran, also on VA Disability. That was probably the most accurate, humble, wise, and honest presentation about the challenges of our Veterans, and what they have been facing for many years.

I salute her for her words, and the obvious sincerity she expressed.

Unfortunately. Most of us also know people like the man she was addressing who GAME the system, and whine endlessly. While fellow Americans who HONESTLY served our nation...are still waiting for help.

Last count I heard. More than SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND...600,000 Veterans are still waiting for the VA to BEGIN to help them.

THAT! IS THE BIGGEST INSULT THIS NATION HAS TO FACE.
And all while we have a PRETEND PRESIDENT who claims to Love OUR VETERANS....while crossing his fingers, and calling us home grown Terrorists, and Racists.

SICK, SICK, SICK. LIARS IN WASHINGTON ARE SICK.

red states rule
06-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Though I have disagreed with Duckworth for as long as she has been in Congress.

As a fellow Veteran, also on VA Disability. That was probably the most accurate, humble, wise, and honest presentation about the challenges of our Veterans, and what they have been facing for many years.

I salute her for her words, and the obvious sincerity she expressed.

Unfortunately. Most of us also know people like the man she was addressing who GAME the system, and whine endlessly. While fellow Americans who HONESTLY served our nation...are still waiting for help.

Last count I heard. More than SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND...600,000 Veterans are still waiting for the VA to BEGIN to help them.

THAT! IS THE BIGGEST INSULT THIS NATION HAS TO FACE.
And all while we have a PRETEND PRESIDENT who claims to Love OUR VETERANS....while crossing his fingers, and calling us home grown Terrorists, and Racists.

SICK, SICK, SICK. LIARS IN WASHINGTON ARE SICK.

Thanks again for your service AT

I do not support Ms Duckworth's positions on taxes, spending, and more government programs but I enjoyed watching her rip this cheat a new one. It is safe to say Ms Duckworth basically castrated the pig on national TV