PDA

View Full Version : Any details of the "immigration" bill that just passed the Senate?

Little-Acorn
06-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Anybody know the details of the "immigration" bill that just passed the Senate?

Does it have provisions that let people who have broken our laws and crashed the border (or overstayed their visas) stay in the country, while keeping out the people who have obeyed our laws, applied for legal visas, and are waiting patiently in their home countries for permission to enter?

If so, then it doesn't much matter what else is in the bill. It's toast.

I just can't see creating a new group of permanent residents, whose only qualification is that they broke U.S. law.

Sounds like the LAST group we'd want to accept as permanent residents, not the first.

jimnyc
06-27-2013, 04:35 PM
All I read about it thus far is that it's filled with "pork", and some say it's a way of trying to bribe the house to now go along with it.

Little-Acorn
06-27-2013, 04:40 PM
All I read about it thus far is that it's filled with "pork", and some say it's a way of trying to bribe the house to now go along with it.

That's true of most bills in this administration. But I named the most important part of this bill. Anyone know if it's in there? Not much else matters.