PDA

View Full Version : Thoughtful comments about the N word

Robert A Whit
06-27-2013, 05:59 PM
http://www.teapartynation.com/profiles/blog/show?id=3355873%3ABlogPost%3A2573113&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post

THE "N" WORD, PAULA & AMERICA.

Posted by Free America (http://www.teapartynation.com/profile/FreeAmerica) on June 27, 2013 at 12:47pm

So Paula Deen must now be persecuted, be financially stripped bare, be a pariah with a red "N" on her chest for the rest of her life for saying a word years ago that she has apologized for several times in front of the world. All the while Rap artists use the same word in their songs to feather their financial nest. Do I have that right? Do I also have it right that the word is deemed so vile and hate filled that it is not to be said or even written unless referenced to it in its first letter representation as the "N" word?
While it is a vile word that seeks to lessen the worth of someone with a single utterance there are other words that do the same. We have a whole list of words that can or should be referenced only by a letter in quotes. When I was growing up the old saying of, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never harm me" was common knowledge. If someone called you a bad word you soldiered on and considered the source. You learned who people were by the words they used and the deeds they did. You learned not everyone in this world was nice and some were down right evil. You learned to pick your friends and admonish your family if you heard things that were hurtful. Before the liberal police with their PC rules we learned to listen to people and form opinions about them for what they said and did.
Should some words be illegal to utter? Do we really want to go down that road? I don't think so because when you stifle people from speaking their mind then you have lost a key element in knowing who they are. I don't know Paula Deen and none of us know her heart. We have to take her at what she says and what she does in life. While she did say the "N" word and was honest enough to say she did she also said she was sorry that she did. She is human like all of us. She did not seek to make money using that word like many in the Rap business do. She from all observations will lose money as some of those who were loyal to her in the business community and made fortunes from her run for cover and turn their back on her. If the truth be known many of those may have said words in their past that can only be written with a single letter too.
So do we forgive someone who asks for forgiveness or do we cast them aside and make them an outcast. Do we allow one person to profit from a vile word only because that word has been used against their race or do we make it a level playing field and remove the word no matter your race. Do we remember it is not the word but the intention behind a word that really counts. What do we do? That is up to the inner you. I for one accept the apology from a lady who has never been known to knowingly hurt someone. I for one question the Rap artist that still uses a word of hate and then is offended when it is used. It comes down to being human and remembering we all have said things in the past we wish had never been said. We all fall short of perfection.
-Free America-

Marcus Aurelius
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Pretty much dropped her into the same racist group you and BB belong to.

Voted4Reagan
06-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Haven't read the article... have no intention of doing so...

1 comment

There is no thoughtful use of the N word

To put this article forward only confirms what we here are starting to believe about the Original Poster...

This should be moved to the Cage Jimmy... It will turn Ugly... Trust me

aboutime
06-27-2013, 07:37 PM
The title is an insult in itself. It is Impossible to have Thoughtful comments about the N word. Thoughtful would, and should be.....
NOT USING THE N WORD AT ALL!

Why lower ourselves to the level of those who use it?

It gives credence to them, and their HATE for anyone...other than them who use it so freely.

Robert A Whit
06-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Haven't read the article... have no intention of doing so...

1 comment

There is no thoughtful use of the N word

To put this article forward only confirms what we here are starting to believe about the Original Poster...

This should be moved to the Cage Jimmy... It will turn Ugly... Trust me

That must be your fond hope. But no, your bait is not working.

Plus nobody said there is a thoughtful use of the N word.

It is said daily by negroes. But they ban whites.

I have an idea.

Why not come up with the list of words that Negroes dare not say?

Besides, Deen has apologized till she can't do it further.

Robert A Whit
06-27-2013, 08:39 PM
The title is an insult in itself. It is Impossible to have Thoughtful comments about the N word. Thoughtful would, and should be.....
NOT USING THE N WORD AT ALL!

Why lower ourselves to the level of those who use it?

It gives credence to them, and their HATE for anyone...other than them who use it so freely.

Take that up with the author.

Besides, negroes say it all the time.

Were the word so bad, they would stop saying it.

tailfins
06-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Some people couldn't get out of the habit of using it and felt imposed on for being pressured to stop. It was deeply ingrained enough similar to forcing a left hander to be a righty. However, I don't think any people like that are still living.

gabosaurus
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Since when does an extreme right wing blog publish "thoughtful comments?" :lame2:

tailfins
06-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Since when does an extreme right wing blog publish "thoughtful comments?" :lame2:

I don't see much depth to your posts. Almost anything can be dismantled to find its origin and learn something, even things that are considered undesirable.

logroller
06-28-2013, 08:07 AM
My thoughts: it conveys ignorance. It is used culturally, as in 'nigga', but that's in a culture where telling someone to "be safe" or "be careful" is seen as disrespectful because it implies one is unable to protect oneself. Which is ignorant as well.