PDA

View Full Version : Today's "Fired for What?"

Hobbit
06-06-2007, 11:14 AM
A guy at Home Depot has been fired because he called the cops on a shoplifter. He watched the guy grab the stuff, then try to walk out without paying for it. He asked for a reciept, so the guy ran and was later tackled by cops. According to the Home Depot rep, what he was supposed to do was wish the thief a nice day as he walked out with the stuff. C'mon, even at Publix, the king of customer service, giving the benefit of the doubt, and civility, all niceness ends the second the guy walks out the door with MY crap. Bonus: He did the same thing a few months ago and got a commendation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/koco/13441545;_ylt=AnzMxPfX9spjTVOMAecGay0DW7oF

theHawk
06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
A guy at Home Depot has been fired because he called the cops on a shoplifter. He watched the guy grab the stuff, then try to walk out without paying for it. He asked for a reciept, so the guy ran and was later tackled by cops. According to the Home Depot rep, what he was supposed to do was wish the thief a nice day as he walked out with the stuff. C'mon, even at Publix, the king of customer service, giving the benefit of the doubt, and civility, all niceness ends the second the guy walks out the door with MY crap. Bonus: He did the same thing a few months ago and got a commendation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/koco/13441545;_ylt=AnzMxPfX9spjTVOMAecGay0DW7oF

What the FUCK. I mean seriously, could "the Management" have their heads further up their own asses at this store?

:lame2:

5stringJeff
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Home Depot sucks. I always go to Lowes.

Yurt
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM

hahahahha, I used to go to home depot till my best friend was the lead builder on the Lowes (ah, somewhere around bonney lake). He convinced me. I walked into the store and wow, organized. Good prices, products, yeah....

Hugh Lincoln
06-06-2007, 08:02 PM

I refuse to go to HD because of their policy of having outdoor stations for illegal aliens. Pisses me off. Lowes at least doesn't have that, but in my area, all the signs are in Spanish, and I rarely find an English-speaking person on the sales staff. Everything over the intercom is Spanish. I feel like I'm in Mexico.

nevadamedic
06-06-2007, 08:33 PM
He didn't follow the chain of command or following protocol, being in retail managment for years ive seen my share of it. Ive never seen someone fired for it though, personally anyone of the employees I supervised would get a gift card if they caught someone, but you cant just call the police, you call loss prevention immediatly, follow the guy out and get his tag number or ask for a receipt while walking out the door. I bet this guy gets rehired within a week, it's just a publicity stunt.

Hobbit
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
He didn't follow the chain of command or following protocol, being in retail managment for years ive seen my share of it. Ive never seen someone fired for it though, personally anyone of the employees I supervised would get a gift card if they caught someone, but you cant just call the police, you call loss prevention immediatly, follow the guy out and get his tag number or ask for a receipt while walking out the door. I bet this guy gets rehired within a week, it's just a publicity stunt.

That's what he did just before the guy bolted.

Gaffer
06-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Well since its in the news shop lifters now know where to go.