PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with disintegrated family?

tailfins
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
As I have mentioned before, the only blood family that is a part of my life is one sister. Her and I have very little in common. I am also the only blood family she has contact with. We stay in touch essential so we can say our blood family isn't 100% gone. Has anyone else here experienced this phenomenon?

gabosaurus
06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
This often happens in fractured families. My brother in law has an unknown father. His mother descended into crime and drug use. He was thrown out into the street at the age of 14 after slugging a guy his mom was living with. At the present time, our family is his family.
This is how many kids get into gangs and crime. Their families fracture and the gang becomes their family.

tailfins
06-28-2013, 03:39 PM
All my antecendants such as parents, aunts, uncles, etc. are deceased already. My childhood had this shadow of these strange adults called half-siblings showing up resentful of any money my parents spent on me. An eight year old isn't very well equipped to answer four bitter adults age 25-35 asking: "We didn't have s**t growning up. What makes you think you deserve anything"? As an 18 year old I was able to answer the 35-45 year olds: "Because I'm not high school dropout white trash, but rather a person of well above average intellect about to get a degree. Any other questions?"