PDA

View Full Version : Flip the coin on the Paula Deen outcry

cadet
06-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Here's a famous rapper that uses the term "Cracker" in a derogatory term over 100 times in one song.
Current, not 30 years ago. I'm offended, let's sue him.

Note; this video is not for the faint of heart. Also, don't listen to it near children, at work, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmzOtYHC1k

He goes by "Piles" and this is his song "100 years"
I could probably find millions of songs like this, but this one is more new. And has had a little bit of an outcry.

gabosaurus
06-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Rappers are supposed to be stupid and disrespectful. Mainstream celebrities are not.

cadet
06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Rappers are supposed to be stupid and disrespectful. Mainstream celebrities are not.

So you're saying that rappers aren't celebrities?

Well, a celebrity is someone famous, followed by idiots, and usually sings or plays in movies or tv shows.

And I do believe they all under the category of celebrities.

aboutime
06-28-2013, 01:34 PM

So you are telling us YOU will never be anything but a RAPPER, and never a celebrity?

Marcus Aurelius
06-28-2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/28/sears-drops-paula-deen/

Sears and KMart announced Friday that they would no longer carry Paula Deen cookware or any other of her products. Target announced Thursday it was severing ties with the former TV chef, while shopping network QVC announced it was "taking a pause" in its relationship with Deen.

"After careful consideration of all available information, we have made the decision to phase out all products tied to the brand," a rep for Sears Holdings, which owns both Sears and KMart stores, told FOX411.

DragonStryk72
06-28-2013, 04:35 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/28/sears-drops-paula-deen/

Oh for the love of god. She didn't even SAY nigger. She's taking this shit because she once used it? The woman is 66 years old, guys. For the love of Christ, yeah, in the rural south in the 60s and 70s, during the height of her twenties and the civil rights movement, I'm willing to bet she popped off at some point.

Has no one here in the course of your lives ever uttered a derogatory comment? Yes? Should it be held against you to the destruction of your business 40 years later, when you've long since come around?

Anyone who subscribes to the idea that she should be pilloried for this is also agreeing that anything they have ever said, in their entire lives, should be held to them forever, with no hope of forgiveness, understanding, or redemption. They also state that my dad has not in any way redeemed himself despite 3 decades of sobriety, because he was a drunk once.

aboutime
06-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Oh for the love of god. She didn't even SAY nigger. She's taking this shit because she once used it? The woman is 66 years old, guys. For the love of Christ, yeah, in the rural south in the 60s and 70s, during the height of her twenties and the civil rights movement, I'm willing to bet she popped off at some point.

Has no one here in the course of your lives ever uttered a derogatory comment? Yes? Should it be held against you to the destruction of your business 40 years later, when you've long since come around?

Anyone who subscribes to the idea that she should be pilloried for this is also agreeing that anything they have ever said, in their entire lives, should be held to them forever, with no hope of forgiveness, understanding, or redemption. They also state that my dad has not in any way redeemed himself despite 3 decades of sobriety, because he was a drunk once.

DragonStryk. All any of us need to remind ourselves of, or about. Is basically what Paula intended to say in that interview with the Idiot Matt LIAR of NBC.

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." Sounds very appropriate here.
Of course. All of the LYING HYPOCRITES have banded together, pretending...NOT ONE OF THEM ever used that word..AT ANY TIME in their LYING lives.

Sure thing!