PDA

View Full Version : Nanny State at it Again

Hobbit
06-06-2007, 11:15 AM
This time, a city council in the UK has forbidden a young boy from running up the "Jolly Roger" at his pirate themed 6th birthday party, saying that it would be 'unneighborly.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=460065&in_page_id=1770

theHawk
06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
"The application is currently under review and will include planning officers looking at the impact the flag has on the area, with the decision expected by the end of this month.

Talk about a waste of tax money. "Looking at the impact" of flying the stupid flag at a party?

Big brother knows best!

darin
06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Our country is moving closer, on a daily basis, to such an establishment. It'll be the "champions of freedom" - the LIBERALS - who drive our society into an oppressive fascist state.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Our country is moving closer, on a daily basis, to such an establishment. It'll be the "champions of freedom" - the LIBERALS - who drive our society into an oppressive fascist state.Have you noticed this happened in the "UK"??not the "US"??

(or are you suggesting that this is a prelude of things to come here??)

darin
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Have you noticed this happened in the "UK"??not the "US"??

(or are you suggesting that this is a prelude of things to come here??)

I am suggesting this is a prelude to where our society is going.

Monkeybone
06-06-2007, 01:15 PM
remember...your elected officials know what is best for you...this is their career and you voted them in you know

Doniston
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I am suggesting this is a prelude to where our society is going. Ok, just wanted to be sure.

diuretic
06-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't think it's the Nanny state as much as a whiney neighbour and a stupid bureaucracy. I wonder what size the flag has to be to not have to be considered by the council. If I were the parent of the kid I'd ask the maximum size before the bureaucracy has to be involved and then plant ten of the bloody things around the back garden. That would really piss of the whiney neighbour.

shattered
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
What a complete and utter load of shit.

Hugh Lincoln
06-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Another sign of the death of the West. Once English boys were taught to be tough; it's how the Brits ended up ruling the world. Now they're taught to be complete wimps in the name of political correctness.

Know who teaches their kids to be tough? MUSLIMS.

Monkeybone
06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
not tough, just crazy and suicidal

Hobbit
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Another sign of the death of the West. Once English boys were taught to be tough; it's how the Brits ended up ruling the world. Now they're taught to be complete wimps in the name of political correctness.

Know who teaches their kids to be tough? MUSLIMS.

Once upon a time, it was socially unacceptable to refuse to go to a foreign country you'd never heard of to fight for queen and country. Now, it'll practically get you a medal.