PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg: If sparklers are legal, the terrorists will win

Jeff
06-30-2013, 06:57 AM
This guy is a complete idiot , no soda no guns now no sparklers on the fourth , man imagine if he was your father :laugh:

Citing national security concerns and the war on terror, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg asked New York Gov. Michael Cuomo to ban the sale of children’s fireworks.

City officials worried that sparklers — handheld fireworks that emit colorful sparks and are often waved through the air by kids on the Fourth of July — could be used in terrorist attacks, according to The New York Post.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/26/bloomberg-if-sparklers-are-legal-the-terrorists-will-win/#ixzz2XhSYpETD

jafar00
06-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Didn't the Boston Bombers use firework explosives to make their bombs? I suppose if fireworks were banned, they could have just used gunpowder from bullets or just the gunpwder. I have no idea though. Can Americans just buy gunpowder over the counter to reload their bullets?

Voted4Reagan
06-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Didn't the Boston Bombers use firework explosives to make their bombs? I suppose if fireworks were banned, they could have just used gunpowder from bullets or just the gunpwder. I have no idea though. Can Americans just buy gunpowder over the counter to reload their bullets?

Shut up and stay on topic...

BTW....Can you name the last Christian that used a IED/Pipe-bomb to blow up a civilian target?

The Boston Bozo's were Muslims/islamists

From this we can say one thing:

Never sell Guns/Ammo/GunPowder/Fireworks to Muslims and all others that practice Islam.

Nukeman
06-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Didn't the Boston Bombers use firework explosives to make their bombs? I suppose if fireworks were banned, they could have just used gunpowder from bullets or just the gunpwder. I have no idea though. Can Americans just buy gunpowder over the counter to reload their bullets?Yes you can buy gunpowder if yo fill out the proper paper work and it is in limited quantities. You can't just go and buy cask after cask. If you are buying more than is deemed normal red flags will set off and the police wil pay you a visit..

You do realize V4R that the easiest bomb to make is with LEGAL sparklers. You bundle them together in a sealed compartment and they will blow like you wouldn't believe..

jafar00
06-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Shut up and stay on topic...

BTW....Can you name the last Christian that used a IED/Pipe-bomb to blow up a civilian target?

The Boston Bozo's were Muslims/islamists

From this we can say one thing:

Never sell Guns/Ammo/GunPowder/Fireworks to Muslims and all others that practice Islam.

There are several groups in Nigeria. MEND for example....

Yes you can buy gunpowder if yo fill out the proper paper work and it is in limited quantities. You can't just go and buy cask after cask. If you are buying more than is deemed normal red flags will set off and the police wil pay you a visit..

You do realize V4R that the easiest bomb to make is with LEGAL sparklers. You bundle them together in a sealed compartment and they will blow like you wouldn't believe..

I didn't know that but it makes the ban on sparklers understandable.

Voted4Reagan
06-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes you can buy gunpowder if yo fill out the proper paper work and it is in limited quantities. You can't just go and buy cask after cask. If you are buying more than is deemed normal red flags will set off and the police wil pay you a visit..

With Magnesium no less

Jeff
06-30-2013, 08:26 PM
OK so you can make a bomb out of sparklers , something I would imagine all of us had played with as kids , so now this country has gotten so petty that we should make sparklers illegal ? You can also make a bomb out of toilet bowl cleaner and rolled up tinfoil ( not sure how strong it could be made) but I do know if ya roll tinfoil into tight little balls and and drop them into toilet bowl cleaner in a soda bottle and put the lid on it will blow so do we now make toilet bowl cleaner illegal , or tinfoil or is it the soda bottle ? You have to draw a line somewhere and say that is just ridiculous ( even if they could be made into a bomb ) how many sparkler bombs have been made to date ? ( serious question, yes I know just about anything that is flammable and gives off power if confined will blow ) but I never heard of a sparkler bomb

WiccanLiberal
06-30-2013, 08:30 PM
I am just waiting anxiously to see what Bloomberg will propose banning next. Anyone think I can convince him to ban wearing underwear as outerwear or ultratight pants. Those are dangerous...to my eyesight. Some sights can make your retinas bleed, just saying.

Jeff
06-30-2013, 08:35 PM
I am just waiting anxiously to see what Bloomberg will propose banning next. Anyone think I can convince him to ban wearing underwear as outerwear or ultratight pants. Those are dangerous...to my eyesight. Some sights can make your retinas bleed, just saying.

I want to see him Ban Bras those pesky things could snap and put someones eye out :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
06-30-2013, 09:58 PM
I want to see him Ban Bras those pesky things could snap and put someones eye out :laugh:

BOOBIES!!!!
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/5711985_bouncing-boobs-animation_3.gif

tailfins
06-30-2013, 10:08 PM

If it matters, all fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts.

http://michaelgraham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/MA-sign-fireworks-warning.jpg

http://michaelgraham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/MA-sign-fireworks-penalty.jpg

jafar00
07-01-2013, 02:49 AM
If it matters, all fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts.

Interesting point but in the grand scheme, not much.

Bloomberg means well. He just wants people to be healthier and safer I'm sure.

red states rule
07-01-2013, 02:56 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/631704/thumbs/o-BLOOMBERG-NANNY-570.jpg?6