PDA

View Full Version : Will legalized shoplifting be the fourth wave?

tailfins
06-30-2013, 04:40 PM
The first wave was mainstreaming of liquor. Later came mainstreaming of gambling with surprisingly little opposition. It seems the third wave has been the mainstreaming of homosexuality. Will the fourth wave be mainstreaming of petit theft? After all the Bible even mentions dispensation for people who steal to satisfy their soul (hunger). With such a prosperous nation, shouldn't we look the other way if the hungry steal? How could we be so cold?

cadet
06-30-2013, 04:50 PM
The first wave was mainstreaming of liquor. Later came mainstreaming of gambling with surprisingly little opposition. It seems the third wave has been the mainstreaming of homosexuality. Will the fourth wave be mainstreaming of petit theft? After all the Bible even mentions dispensation for people who steal to satisfy their soul (hunger). With such a prosperous nation, shouldn't we look the other way if the hungry steal? How could we be so cold?

Part of me says that sounds stupid.
the other part says, "Well... the last one sounded just as dumb, with as little reasoning."

jimnyc
06-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Stealing, so long as it's for a good cause, and maybe even good for other citizens. Suppose they are stealing to feed the homeless?

Ok, hopefully you know I'm kidding. Theft is theft is theft, even if for a good cause.

cadet
06-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Stealing, so long as it's for a good cause, and maybe even good for other citizens. Suppose they are stealing to feed the homeless?

Ok, hopefully you know I'm kidding. Theft is theft is theft, even if for a good cause.

Taxes. And welfare.

And I'll leave it there.

jimnyc
06-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Taxes. And welfare.

And I'll leave it there.

We elect officials who create programs and laws. Americans have the right to complain and seek change. We have the right to vote for different candidates going forward. I think both the way they collect taxes and the welfare system are screwed. The welfare especially needs a major overhaul. The thieves in that one are the millions that commit fraud and are getting money from us to sit on their asses and/or do drugs!