PDA

View Full Version : POV: Lavar burton traffic stop put hands out window

revelarts
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M-ckDJ3xTaE?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
Lavar Burton and others explain how they feel they must react to police and ...

Voted4Reagan
07-03-2013, 11:38 AM
http://925rebellion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/patrick-stewart-for-the-last-time-geordi-300x197.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
07-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Levar does that because he has experienced discrimination, and it sucks.

I do something similar, not because of any discrimination (I'm white), but because shit happens and I'd rather not get shot accidentally.

I roll down the window, place both hands on the steering wheel (10 and 2). When asked for license and registration, I reply 'My license is in my wallet, in my back pocket... I'll need to place my hand behind my back to get it... is that okay officer?' Then, 'my registration is in the glove box... I'll have to let go of the steering wheel and reach over the passenger seat to get it... is that okay officer?' Once he has them, my hands go back to 10 and 2, and stay there until we are done.

Trigg
07-03-2013, 03:34 PM
When young black males commit crimes in a larger percentage to their population numbers they are going to be scrutinized at a higher rate than young white males.

Sorry, but profiling is used by law enforcement and always will be.

When there is a serial killer the police start looking for a white male in this thirties, not women and not black males.

revelarts
07-03-2013, 04:43 PM
yeah right.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ge7i60GuNRg?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

No need to post the one where the white kids are vandalizing a car in a park an no on calls the cops
But black kids are sleeping in a car in the same park and doing nothing but the cops phone ring off the hook because they look "suspicious".

But it's not about ANYTHING but crime rates? sorry BS.

Blacks have been assumed guilty and harassed for no go reason for just for being black for .. well... since blacks have been in the country. It's much better than it use to be but It's naive and self delusional to say it's only because of crime rates.

if it makes you feel better, fine.
I'm still waiting for the wall st crooks who've stolen billions to even get a speeding ticket.
But A black guy driving a Mercedes has to act like he just got outta prison for robbing a 7-11.

Trigg
07-03-2013, 05:28 PM
yeah right.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ge7i60GuNRg?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

No need to post the one where the white kids are vandalizing a car in a park an no on calls the cops
But black kids are sleeping in a car in the same park and doing nothing but the cops phone ring off the hook because they look "suspicious".

But it's not about ANYTHING but crime rates? sorry BS.

Blacks have been assumed guilty and harassed for no go reason for just for being black for .. well... since blacks have been in the country. It's much better than it use to be but It's naive and self delusional to say it's only because of crime rates.

if it makes you feel better, fine.
I'm still waiting for the wall st crooks who've stolen billions to even get a speeding ticket.
But A black guy driving a Mercedes has to act like he just got outta prison for robbing a 7-11.

I'm waiting for them to do any of these shows in a predominately black or hispanic neighborhood or business.

I wonder if the same thing would happen, OR if blacks would ignore black suspicious behavior and call in the white kids.

But, we'll never know because that doesn't fit the "point" they're trying to put across, now does it.:lame2:

Trigg
07-03-2013, 05:30 PM
http://ten8.wordpress.com/2012/03/23/jesse-jackson-relieved-at-learning-white-are-people-following-him/

here is nothing more painful to me … thanto walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.
The Reverend Jesse Jackson, as quoted inUS News, (http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/articles/960318/archive_010008.htm) March 10, 1996

About these ads (http://en.wordpress.com/about-these-ads/)
Share this:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-03-2013, 07:51 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M-ckDJ3xTaE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
Lavar Burton and others explain how they feel they must react to police and ... Well don't feel pregnant Lavar, cops everywhere approach cars they've stopped with their hand on their pistol. And cops everywhere are assholes a lot of the time. Ever tried telling a cop he has overstepped his authority when he not only has but is well aware of it? I have on at least 5 occasions and each time I suffered grief for it. Some areas are worse than others and that's just life. A high crime area will get a lot more caution than a low crime residential area. Don't want to be profiled for looking and acting like a damn thug stop looking and acting that way! Blacks endorse ,accept and promote gangsta culture and glorify in crime . No cop should ignore reality or his/her safety to appease the fine sensibilities of the modern-- " told to always be offended black person"!! Cops have told me many times I look dangerous and that's why they took extra caution. I told them I am dangerous but only to people attempting to do me or mine harm or steal from us. Obviously you cops aren't in any danger unless you decide to be criminals. Most of them laugh at that. For instance about 15 years ago, I was approached by three young unarmed males and they told me that they were going to just take my stuff and my car. I was about a dozen feet away from my car and they in between me and the car. I know that such cowardly scum only respect brute force so my reply was this and it worked,(you have to look to be able to back it up). I said, "O' yeah, well how tha' hell you going to do that all layed out upon the ffing ground after I stomp all your ffing asses." They stopped dead in their tracks and then they tried to play it off as just a joke. I was in no joking mood . I then told 'em to take a damn hike because you little asswipes I'm not joking. What would have happened had they not backed down? Had I shown fear as most would? Here is my thoughts as to what was about to happened. I was about to stomp the hell out of three little ffing punks and do so in an attitude adjusting manner. To do that one has to understand how seriously they will have to hurt each one as the fight starts. No time for mercy or second guessing . Just do it swiftly and decisively with deadly intent. Its not a damn game when engaging in such a fight. As a young man I wouldn't have spoke back to them instead would have just commenced to do the deed. No big deal been in fights with 3 and even 4 guys before when a young guy(both those times I got the worse of it but gave out plenty of punishment as payment for the deed). Now as an older man wouldn't relish it but would say and do the same. Fact.. Folks showing fear only encourages such ffing scum. Never show fear, never back down and never ever lose a fight. A code to live by although in over a 60 real fights in my long life(not counting kid stuff) I have lost 7 and had two confirmed draws(both damn tough azz sumbiatches ), not too bad for a slacker, eh? :laugh: O' yeah back on to the cop thing. Ive had both cop friends and cop enemies. The friends were golden whereas the enemies were dumbass, smartasses that deserved to be told to ff-off. Note : now that you've read the story of the altercation without hearing race I'd like to say , yes those were three young black guys, however the color made no difference . I would have said or done the same regardless. Because the color of the person that hurts or kills you makes no difference , dead is dead and buddy there aren't any "overs"... . -Tyr

revelarts
07-04-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm waiting for them to do any of these shows in a predominately black or hispanic neighborhood or business.

I wonder if the same thing would happen, OR if blacks would ignore black suspicious behavior and call in the white kids.

But, we'll never know because that doesn't fit the "point" they're trying to put across, now does it.
So you Assume other peoples motives to excuse some peoples actions. lame dodge.
Wouldn't be a point to make if people just called the cops on anyone committing a crime or not call the cops on black kids just standing around.

Keep telling yourself blacks are treated the same... except when they're not, but there's "good reason" for it, hardly ever racism.

:lame2:

cadet
07-04-2013, 10:26 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M-ckDJ3xTaE?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
Lavar Burton and others explain how they feel they must react to police and ...

I found the scrolling news on the bottom the funniest part. "N word vs Cracker, which is worse?" Why the hell can't you just say "Nigger vs Cracker, which is worse?" Or, "N word vs C word, which is worse?"
But I digress. He's an idiot. If he feels at all discriminated against, it's his own damn fault, and he needs to stop being so sensitive and whiny. We all do basically the same thing with the cops. (Mainly because they're all power hungry jerks, who just wanna shoot the bad guy and be the hero)

Other than that, I'll stick with what I've always said; "Racism only exists if you believe it does." Which is why I laugh at all races often (with friends). (including my own race)
Kinda like how put downs only hurt you if you let them. Or if you're reading too much into someone looking at you funny. They might not even realize that they are. Maybe they're staring off into space thinking about some terrible jam they had, and you're just a whiny brat who screams "RACIST" every chance you get.

Trigg
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't be a point to make if people just called the cops on anyone committing a crime or not call the cops on black kids just standing around.

Keep telling yourself blacks are treated the same... except when they're not, but there's "good reason" for it, hardly ever racism.

Seems you are the one assuming :lol:. Maybe if you read my post you will see that I WONDER what would happen if they did this story in a black or hispanic neighborhood.

It doesn't fit the liberal idea that only whites are racist, so I doubt we will ever see it.

I have watched COPS episodes where they stop white teens in high crime areas for no other reason than they are white. I wonder why they would do that????? Maybe profiling them for being drug buyers (statistics would probably back them up)??????? NOPE must be racism.

I also didn't say blacks are treated the same. It certainly isn't my fault young black males commit crimes at a percentage way above their population numbers. Blacks commit HALF the murders in this country it just makes sense to be more careful around them.

aboutime
07-04-2013, 01:52 PM
This entire thread has won...hands down...this award of recognition for more Divisiveness.

Robert A Whit
07-04-2013, 03:02 PM

But, we'll never know because that doesn't fit the "point" they're trying to put across, now does it.:lame2:

They won't do that. As you say, it will not show what the program wants you to see.

So, why is it that the shows are all in white areas?

Gaffer
07-04-2013, 06:40 PM

Why do you hate white people so much?