PDA

View Full Version : Morsi adviser says 'coup' underway, fears bloodshed

Voted4Reagan
07-03-2013, 12:23 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/07/03/egypt-morsi-protests-army-deadline/2485355/

CAIRO — President Mohammed Morsi's national security adviser said Wednesday that a "coup" was underway after the president again refused to heed demands by the military to resign.

Morsi called on the army not to "take sides" in the growing clash between rival political groups.
The Associated Press quoted unidentified Egyptian officials as saying a travel ban had been issued for Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood chief and its deputy chief.

Gehad Al-Haddad, a spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood, tells CNN that communications between top leaders has been disrupted and he does not know the whereabouts of the president.

fj1200
07-03-2013, 12:47 PM
The real question is if Morsi has had time to sock away his billion dollar "pension" due all president's of corrupt nations.

Voted4Reagan
07-03-2013, 12:52 PM
The real question is if Morsi has had time to sock away his billion dollar "pension" due all president's of corrupt nations.

Most Likely.... but he cant get away... They have a travel restriction on him...

Obama has been Silent.

Marcus Aurelius
07-03-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/03/egypt-teeters-on-brink-overthrow-as-army-deadline-is-set-to-expire/
Top Egyptian military commander says Morsi ousted as president

Egypt's top military commander says the army is now in full control of the country and President Mohammed Morsi has been replaced by the chief justice of the constitutional court as the interim head of state.

He made the announcements in a Wednesday night speech -- the latest twist in an all-out power struggle inside Egypt that Morsi and his national security adviser are describing as a military coup.
Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi said the country's constitution has been temporarily suspended and Morsi has failed to meet the demands of Egypt's people. Adli Mansour will be the new interim leader.
Fireworks and cheers erupted from the millions gathered in Tahrir Square after the announcement was made.

Top military officials and opposition leaders met Wednesday and agreed on a political roadmap for the country's future, calling for early presidential and parliamentary elections, el-Sissi said. A new presidential cabinet will be formed as well as a national reconciliation committee, which will include youth movements that have been behind anti-Morsi demonstrations.

Voted4Reagan
07-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Egyptian Army +1

Muslim Brotherhood - 0

Epic Fail on the part of the Islamists...

May the People of Egypt get a Government Of the People that works for them.

I should have Bet Jafar on this happening......

aboutime
07-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Egyptian Army +1

Muslim Brotherhood - 0

Epic Fail on the part of the Islamists...

May the People of Egypt get a Government Of the People that works for them.

I should have Bet Jafar on this happening......

V4R. You forgot one. OBAMA - 0.

Obama Islamist support - 10

Voted4Reagan
07-03-2013, 06:00 PM
V4R. You forgot one. OBAMA - 0.

Obama Islamist support - 10

The Silence from Washington has been Deafening my old friend....

Obama will lose face with this one, not too much.... but it will make his foreign policy seem that much softer.

The Egyptian Military is to be commended for remaining calm and working for the safety of the people.

Dont be surprised if the Muslim Brotherhood is thrown out as it was under Mubarak.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Most Likely.... but he cant get away... They have a travel restriction on him...

Obama has been Silent. Trouble in Muslim Gestapo-land is always a much desired thing. Big question is are the people wanted the bastard out
for being too corrupt, too hardline Islamic or not hardline enough? Obama only takes credit for things that go right and are done by other people. The lazy bastard breaks no sweat doing anything on his own. Always typical of his kind, stealing from others. -Tyr

logroller
07-03-2013, 10:20 PM
What could possibly go wrong with a military coup? Those always seem to work out splendidly.:rolleyes:
Seriously though, if Obama is silent I automatically suspect covert involvement. Time will tell...just kidding, it's classified.

Marcus Aurelius
07-03-2013, 10:22 PM
What could possibly go wrong with a military coup? Those always seem to work out splendidly.:rolleyes:
Seriously though, if Obama is silent I automatically suspect covert involvement. Time will tell...just kidding, it's classified.

What's that little red glowing dot on the back of your head?

fj1200
07-03-2013, 10:35 PM

Less than if there wasn't one methinks. I would take some dictatorships over some democracies... of my choosing of course.

logroller
07-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Less than if there wasn't one methinks. I would take some dictatorships over some democracies... of my choosing of course.
In the wake of an unfulfilled popular campaign, I see you've switched to the pursuit of an appointed position. Like :thumb:

fj1200
07-04-2013, 12:19 AM
In the wake of an unfulfilled popular campaign, I see you've switched to the pursuit of an appointed position. Like :thumb:

I have been scouring the job boards for any opportunity to forward my CV for consideration as Benevolent Dictator because you always need a plan B.

jafar00
07-04-2013, 05:49 AM

Morsi may have been a failure as President, but one thing he wasn't was a thief. He didn't steal Egypt's wealth like previous leaders did.

It wasn't a military coup. They military didn't put themselves in charge like Tantawi did. They appointed Chief Justice, Adly Mansour as interim President in accordance with Egyptian law.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Morsi may have been a failure as President, but one thing he wasn't was a thief. He didn't steal Egypt's wealth like previous leaders did.

It wasn't a military coup. They military didn't put themselves in charge like Tantawi did. They appointed Chief Justice, Adly Mansour as interim President in accordance with Egyptian law. No, he just issued decrees that started giving him dictatorial powers is all. Dissolved the courts and started placing in fellow Muslim Brotherhood compatriots into key positions and all was given bambam's blessings as it proceeded along. A mere oversight Im sure you will agree. Nothing the people should have been upset about, right? Yet the people there are not as ignorant as ore the people here. They knew what was coming and reacted quickly to stop it. Now our little boy wonder here is lost as to how to continue arming and supporting the Islamic surge over there. Thus we have his silence on the issue. I am sure he has hundreds working overtime to reset Egypt onto the path it was taking , that was war with Israel. The ffing scum has gotten used to getting his way. I hope he takes a quick trip over there and gets his just rewards for his generous actions so far... ;)--Tyr