PDA

View Full Version : dress codes

WiccanLiberal
07-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I realize we are a much more permissive society and dress codes are a bit old fashioned. V4R and I went out for dinner this evening as I mentioned in another post. We were dressed in khaki shorts and tshirts. This is a casual restaurant. In the parking lot were several other groups of diners. One had obviously recently come from the beach. I say obviously because one young woman was wearing a skimpy bikini with a coverup that didn't cover much. It left her butt cheeks pretty much exposed and the armholes sagged to her waist. The other women in her group had put on sundresses that covered a lot more and the men were in shorts and shirts. I was not much surprised when, after they were seated, the young woman and one of the men disappeared after their server spoke to them. As V4R and I were leaving and heading for our car, we passed them sitting in the car with the woman talking trash about the place. Maybe I am hopelessly old fashioned but her attire was just insufficient for anyplace other than a beach side bar. I am glad the management had the good sense to tell her to either step out or find something more appropriate. I just found it bizarre that she was not more uncomfortable with her own poor choice of attire.

tailfins
07-04-2013, 08:48 PM
As my mom used to say: "They'd just as soon show their ass than their face. Good Lord, how vulgar."

Voted4Reagan
07-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Jimmy would have loved the view.......

Tig ol Bitties!

Jeff
07-05-2013, 08:25 AM
What really disturbs me is these young men ( both black and white and all in between ) that have to wear there pants below there Butt cheeks, I cant stand to take my wife out for a nice dinner and have to look at that , not only shouldn't that be allowed in a restaurant it should be against the law ( indecent exposure should cover it ) but I see it more and more . I have 4 boys and the oldest went through this stage he knew better than to dress that way when at my house but his Mom let him do so , why in the world would a parent allow there child to be so disrespectful

Marcus Aurelius
07-05-2013, 08:50 AM
I think dress codes have their place. For instance, Japanese schools...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8251/8593558829_090bb980f9_c.jpg

cadet
07-05-2013, 09:15 AM
What really disturbs me is these young men ( both black and white and all in between ) that have to wear there pants below there Butt cheeks, I cant stand to take my wife out for a nice dinner and have to look at that , not only shouldn't that be allowed in a restaurant it should be against the law ( indecent exposure should cover it ) but I see it more and more . I have 4 boys and the oldest went through this stage he knew better than to dress that way when at my house but his Mom let him do so , why in the world would a parent allow there child to be so disrespectful

What you've got to do, (like me) is make fun of them to their faces, laugh a lot. and then watch as they trip trying to chase you :laugh:

Me and my girlfriend will point to their faces and say "That one's gonna work at McDonalds. That one there is never going anywhere. That one will be in jail in a year. That one thinks he has 'swag'. That one looks like a fag. Actually... They all kinda do."
Oh well, the only thing I've learned that I can do about it isn't much. All I can do is dress nice as an example and hopefully they'll notice how much more respectable looking nice is.

Voted4Reagan
07-05-2013, 09:22 AM

i want to go to school in Japan now..... DAMN YOU

Noir
07-05-2013, 10:45 AM
What you've got to do, (like me) is make fun of them to their faces, laugh a lot. and then watch as they trip trying to chase you :laugh: Me and my girlfriend will point to their faces and say "That one's gonna work at McDonalds. That one there is never going anywhere. That one will be in jail in a year. That one thinks he has 'swag'. That one looks like a fag. Actually... They all kinda do." Oh well, the only thing I've learned that I can do about it isn't much. All I can do is dress nice as an example and hopefully they'll notice how much more respectable looking nice is.

becuase nothing says 'have some respect' like someone pointing and saying 'you look like a fag' amiright?

cadet
07-05-2013, 10:51 AM
becuase nothing says 'have some respect' like someone pointing and saying 'you look like a fag' amiright?

Hey, I never said I was perfect :thumb:
Besides, it makes em self conscious. :rolleyes:

Marcus Aurelius
07-05-2013, 11:07 AM

i want to go to school in Japan now..... DAMN YOU

I could just tutor her all day long...

Robert A Whit
07-05-2013, 01:07 PM
I realize we are a much more permissive society and dress codes are a bit old fashioned. V4R and I went out for dinner this evening as I mentioned in another post. We were dressed in khaki shorts and tshirts. This is a casual restaurant. In the parking lot were several other groups of diners. One had obviously recently come from the beach. I say obviously because one young woman was wearing a skimpy bikini with a coverup that didn't cover much. It left her butt cheeks pretty much exposed and the armholes sagged to her waist. The other women in her group had put on sundresses that covered a lot more and the men were in shorts and shirts. I was not much surprised when, after they were seated, the young woman and one of the men disappeared after their server spoke to them. As V4R and I were leaving and heading for our car, we passed them sitting in the car with the woman talking trash about the place. Maybe I am hopelessly old fashioned but her attire was just insufficient for anyplace other than a beach side bar. I am glad the management had the good sense to tell her to either step out or find something more appropriate. I just found it bizarre that she was not more uncomfortable with her own poor choice of attire.

Think about it though. When such attire is called suitable for the public beach, why is the restaurant superior or more touchy?

Mind you. I believe such attire is in poor taste, but not only in the restaurant, but on public beaches.
Actually my strong libertarian beliefs don't call for such dress codes at all.

It may seem to be a conflict but I do not run other humans lives so though I feel as you do it is in poor taste, my politics side holds me back and I revert to freedom.

cadet
07-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Think about it though. When such attire is called suitable for the public beach, why is the restaurant superior or more touchy?

Mind you. I believe such attire is in poor taste, but not only in the restaurant, but on public beaches.

It may seem to be a conflict but I do not run other humans lives so though I feel as you do it is in poor taste, my politics side holds me back and I revert to freedom.

It's their business, and they reserve their freedom to kick you out for being disrespectful to their restaurant.

Robert A Whit
07-05-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=650400#post650400)

It's their business, and they reserve their freedom to kick you out for being disrespectful to their restaurant.

I do not go to restaurants unless properly dressed. Yes, the restaurant can have standards but I believe those must be posted in plain view for patrons.

Marcus Aurelius
07-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I do not go to restaurants unless properly dressed. Yes, the restaurant can have standards but I believe those must be posted in plain view for patrons.

Link to the state or federal law stipulating that restaurants must post dress code requirements in plain view.

Noir
07-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey, I never said I was perfect :thumb: Besides, it makes em self conscious. :rolleyes:

Why? If they called you a fag for the way you dressed, would you change how you dressed to appease them?

aboutime
07-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Anyone approve of this? 5201

cadet
07-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Why? If they called you a fag for the way you dressed, would you change how you dressed to appease them?

Probably,
For example, I use to have a massive comb-over for years cause I thought it looked fancy and dignified. Till one day I was told I looked like a total dork.

Jeff
07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Anyone approve of this? 5201

That is disgusting and I refuse to have to look at someones dirty boxers while i eat my dinner

Abbey Marie
07-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I understand even nudists cover up for communal meals.