PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Executive Ordered Study Report On Gun Violence Slaps Him In The Face

Jeff
07-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Obama should of done his homework before his pathetic display of trying to get people to believe his lies about guns

If you recall, back on January 16, 2013, standing with little children, Barack Hussein Obama tried to pull a fast one on the American people and issued 23 executive orders pertaining to gun control. Among those was number 14: Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. Well friends, that study did happen and it destroyed Obama’s position on guns and gun violence.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/obamas-executive-ordered-study-on-gun-violence-slaps-him-in-the-face/#ixzz2YErpmtzs

Robert A Whit
07-06-2013, 02:48 AM
Obama should of done his homework before his pathetic display of trying to get people to believe his lies about guns

If you recall, back on January 16, 2013, standing with little children, Barack Hussein Obama tried to pull a fast one on the American people and issued 23 executive orders pertaining to gun control. Among those was number 14: Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. Well friends, that study did happen and it destroyed Obama’s position on guns and gun violence.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/obamas-executive-ordered-study-on-gun-violence-slaps-him-in-the-face/#ixzz2YErpmtzs

Hey Jeff

I am on your side man.

I used the link and pulled up the report and read much of the 10 page summary. I found nothing but a statement that said it was the beginning of a study and not the results. Can you help me here? Thanks.

Jeff
07-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Hey Jeff

I am on your side man.

I used the link and pulled up the report and read much of the 10 page summary. I found nothing but a statement that said it was the beginning of a study and not the results. Can you help me here? Thanks.

Robert I have posted many of results and no I didn't read a ten page report because the results of this has been tossed around so much because the NRA and any Gun rights group have jumped on it , I have read the exact numbers so they are out there and if I can find the results I have read I will gladly post it for you , not sure if you have Fb but I have posted many different threads showing the exact numbers that destroyed Obama's claims , I apologize for not making sure they where in here before posting but I read the article and knowing the results did in fact make Obama out to be yet again a liar that pulls facts out of the air I didn't worry about it , On this board sometimes I don't post things because many on here are very intelligent people and many are gun enthusiast so I usually count on the articles being posted before I get them .

Robert A Whit
07-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Robert I have posted many of results and no I didn't read a ten page report because the results of this has been tossed around so much because the NRA and any Gun rights group have jumped on it , I have read the exact numbers so they are out there and if I can find the results I have read I will gladly post it for you , not sure if you have Fb but I have posted many different threads showing the exact numbers that destroyed Obama's claims , I apologize for not making sure they where in here before posting but I read the article and knowing the results did in fact make Obama out to be yet again a liar that pulls facts out of the air I didn't worry about it , On this board sometimes I don't post things because many on here are very intelligent people and many are gun enthusiast so I usually count on the articles being posted before I get them .

I read the 10 page summary. They spent a lot of space telling us what they planned to do.

I am not aware of FB. Is that a different forum? Pardon me but I am still having coffee trying to get rid of the cobwebs. Maybe it will come to me what you mean. I don't read the NRA site very often and shall check to see what they say.

Since your link took me to a prelim study, it seems too soon for results.

You know the Feds; they can make a study take 4-5 years.

Marcus Aurelius
07-06-2013, 01:59 PM

Best part of the report...

Here’s the great news in the report though. It points out that virtually every study which “assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns” discovered the same thing. Those using their guns for self-defense “consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”

You want to raise your chances of surviving a violent crime? Buy and learn to properly use a gun. Period.

aboutime
07-06-2013, 02:03 PM

You want to raise your chances of surviving a violent crime? Buy and learn to properly use a gun. Period.

Marcus. Imagine that? Using Logic, Common Sense, Intelligence, and the will to LIVE to survive?

Guess Obama will eventually need to learn how important those things really are when....He and the Mrs. take their two daughters back to The WINDY CITY of RAHM-ination!

Robert A Whit
07-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Here’s the great news in the report though. It points out that virtually every study which “assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns” discovered the same thing. Those using their guns for self-defense “consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”

I plan to check his link again but the link I read was speaking as a to-do list and not an accomplished list.

I agree that you can survive better if you are armed and fully trained.

A tip off is the report came from Obama's people.

Robert A Whit
07-06-2013, 03:04 PM
But guys, are you fully on board with some article by Tim Brown?

Hey, I am happy he says a report slaps Obama. But did you really study the so called report?

It looks like a road map for a full study.

Remember, if it can be done in a day, Obama and his team takes 6 months.

I was amazed that somebody says a report was issued and has so many findings.

Read it again.
The report, titled Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-related Violence (http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=18319&page=R1), which identifies the particular topics of gun violence to be researched over the next few years, made the point that the majority of deaths that take place annually by the use of a firearm are not related to crime, but to suicide.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/obamas-executive-ordered-study-on-gun-violence-slaps-him-in-the-face/#ixzz2YIVW04qF

Jeff
07-06-2013, 04:37 PM

Know how to use it properly have plenty of ammo and remember the guy on the other side is going to do to you what you had better do to him first

Robert A Whit
07-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Know how to use it properly have plenty of ammo and remember the guy on the other side is going to do to you what you had better do to him first

Jeff, I am telling you the plain truth. My semi automatic pistols is right in front of me on a shelf under my computer. My door is always locked. If one of them wants to come inside to harm me, you know what I plan to do with my pistol. I think I have maybe a dozen bullets in the clip.

logroller
07-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Yet another similarity between Nixon and Obama. With Nixon it was a study on marijuana...the findings of which will be ignored since it doesnt fit the admin's agenda.

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Jeff, I am telling you the plain truth. My semi automatic pistols is right in front of me on a shelf under my computer. My door is always locked. If one of them wants to come inside to harm me, you know what I plan to do with my pistol. I think I have maybe a dozen bullets in the clip.

A responsible gun owner would know exactly what he has in the clip.

logroller
07-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Kind of a pet peave of mine: its a magazine, not a clip.

Jeff
07-07-2013, 09:08 AM

I was corrected on that myself from a member of this board that I truly admire , I had asked his advise and he gave it and then at the bottom explained if I walk into the local gun shop and talk about my clip they may get a good chuckle out of it, but it is a mistake made quite often

hjmick
07-07-2013, 09:18 AM
I was corrected on that myself from a member of this board that I truly admire , I had asked his advise and he gave it and then at the bottom explained if I walk into the local gun shop and talk about my clip they may get a good chuckle out of it, but it is a mistake made quite often

It has always been my understanding that it is a "magazine" for a handgun and "clip" for a long gun...

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Just curious, but do most gun owners refer to their weapons by type, or caliber, or simple name the weapon. For instance, if I were to discuss 'my' personal weapon, I'd simply state 'my 45', or 'my 1911 45'. Kept in a biometric lock wall safe, btw. 2 seconds to access.

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 10:27 AM

good point. I know better, but do it all the time. Old habits I guess.

http://imomags.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DSCN1014.jpg

hjmick
07-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm looking in to the biometrics, for both my handguns and long. How do you like it? I've read some reviews that indicate there can be difficulties registering the print.

As to your question, I do not talk about my guns very often, but when I do it is generally in a context that requires, at a minimum, mentioning the caliber. At times the conversation does leader to manufacturer.

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm looking in to the biometrics, for both my handguns and long. How do you like it? I've read some reviews that indicate there can be difficulties registering the print.

As to your question, I do not talk about my guns very often, but when I do it is generally in a context that requires, at a minimum, mentioning the caliber. At times the conversation does leader to manufacturer.

Spend the money and get a decent one. Make sure it's wall mounted, not the box type, they are fairly easy to break into. Mine is fitted between the studs (16" centers), and in the closet. That behind the painting shit is for movies. Also, since it's battery operated, there is a physical key if the battery dies... which really would not help me much in case of an intruder, as my car keys hang in the hallway downstairs.

A few of the other scout leaders are also NRA guys (one is a certified range instructor, which is helpful on our annual rifle outing). We generally go by caliber. If asked, we'll detail make, model, options, etc. I showed them pics of the Russian made Mosin-Nagant my daughter got for my future son-in-law, for his b-day. They said to tell him she's a keeper ;) She's, um, also a better shot than I am... at least on the pistol range. I'm both proud, and embarrassed.

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 11:29 AM

Interesting .... I thought both terms were interchangeable. (PS, it is peeve and not peave)

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Well, I admit to learning something due to your comments. Since both hold bullets and are inserted into rifles or pistols, I plain believed the term is interchangeable. I watched a youtube video and of all things now know better than to call the magazine in my pistol a clip.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Well, I admit to learning something due to your comments. Since both hold bullets and are inserted into rifles or pistols, I plain believed the term is interchangeable. I watched a youtube video and of all things now know better than to call the magazine in my pistol a clip.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Just out of morbid curiosity, and at the risk of you starting shit again... what handgun do you own?

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Just out of morbid curiosity, and at the risk of you starting shit again... what handgun do you own?

Just stick to a question please.

My handgun is the Hi-Standard model B

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Just stick to a question please.

My handgun is the Hi-Standard model B

As much as I dislike you, you're endangering your life trusting it to an 80 year old (made between 1932-1942) 22 caliber, target pistol... which, btw, only holds 10 rounds in the mag.

You might want to find something... safer.

logroller
07-07-2013, 01:10 PM
It has always been my understanding that it is a "magazine" for a handgun and "clip" for a long gun...
sort of, but rifles often do use magazines.
In a nutshell, clips are reloading devices and magazines feed the rounds into the action.

I’ve noticed that there are people that don’t know the difference between a clip and a magazine. Hopefully this image will clear up any misunderstandings. A clip is used to feed a number of rounds, usually 4 or 5, into the fixed magazine of a bolt action and some semi-auto rifles. The clip is used primarily in military rifles.

A magazine stores several rounds of ammunition and feeds the rounds automatically to the chamber of a firearm.
http://xtremerecoil.net/clip-vs-magazine/

http://xtremerecoil.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/clip_vs_mag.jpg

logroller
07-07-2013, 01:16 PM
As much as I dislike you, you're endangering your life trusting it to an 80 year old (made between 1932-1942) 22 caliber, target pistol... which, btw, only holds 10 rounds in the mag.

I have firearms of that age, and older, that are rock-solid dependable, accurate and safe. Take it to a gunsmith and if all's well, fire away. As for ten rounds, its California. :lame2: But that's the law. And quite frankly, if you can't get it done ten shots, you're better off beating tracks.

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 01:37 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=650743#post650743)

I have firearms of that age, and older, that are rock-solid dependable, accurate and safe. Take it to a gunsmith and if all's well, fire away. As for ten rounds, its California. :lame2: But that's the law. And quite frankly, if you can't get it done ten shots, you're better off beating tracks.

If he had not come to the forum to pick fights and I happened to elect myself to handle his attacks, he might like me. I am so laid back in real life. I just don't take shit.

The fact he picked on my gun tells us all a lot about the man.

I am not in the habit of shooting intruders but say one more time, my pistol is handy and I have no problem hitting what I aim at. I spent a lot of time being trained to shoot and at such close range, how can I miss.

This pistol is rock solid to shoot the caliber it shoots.

I just checked the magazine and I have only 8 rounds in it. But I have hundreds of rounds handly.

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 01:43 PM

I was simply pointing out that his stated weapon holds only 10 rounds, not the 12 he initially claimed.

Marcus Aurelius
07-07-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=650743#post650743)

If he had not come to the forum to pick fights and I happened to elect myself to handle his attacks, he might like me. I am so laid back in real life. I just don't take shit.

The fact he picked on my gun tells us all a lot about the man.

I am not in the habit of shooting intruders but say one more time, my pistol is handy and I have no problem hitting what I aim at. I spent a lot of time being trained to shoot and at such close range, how can I miss.

This pistol is rock solid to shoot the caliber it shoots.

I just checked the magazine and I have only 8 rounds in it. But I have hundreds of rounds handly.

Point 1: I didn't 'pick' on your gun. I questioned your choice in using such an old, small caliber weapon as self defense. Whatever. Get yourself killed by someone with a 9mm Glock. No skin off my teeth.

Point 2: Of course, I keep forgetting. You're an expert marksman, as well as an expert on anything anyone on this board mentions... ever :rolleyes:

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
I was simply pointing out that his stated weapon holds only 10 rounds, not the 12 he initially claimed.

You are called a shit stirrer. I actually have 8 rounds in my magazine. (Yes, it holds 10)

I did say 12 so of course you make a huge fucking deal out of that too. I simply guessed.

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Marcus claims: Point 2: Of course, I keep forgetting. You're an expert marksman, as well as an expert on anything anyone on this board mentions... ever :rolleyes:

How many records do you hold as a marksman? I set a record with the BAR at Fort Ord, CA when the fort was still open.

No, Marcus, clearly is is you presenting yourself as the expert in all things. I simply try to have decent conversations which of course you work your ass off trying to disrupt and create board warx over.

Kathianne
07-07-2013, 02:34 PM
How many records do you hold as a marksman? I set a record with the BAR at Fort Ord, CA when the fort was still open.

No, Marcus, clearly is is you presenting yourself as the expert in all things. I simply try to have decent conversations which of course you work your ass off trying to disrupt and create board warx over.

Crap.

aboutime
07-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Point 1: I didn't 'pick' on your gun. I questioned your choice in using such an old, small caliber weapon as self defense. Whatever. Get yourself killed by someone with a 9mm Glock. No skin off my teeth.

Point 2: Of course, I keep forgetting. You're an expert marksman, as well as an expert on anything anyone on this board mentions... ever :rolleyes:

Marcus. Have you realized? Nearly every topic, anyone happens to bring up, where a certain member chimes in. (PARDON THE PUN HERE)....Seems to begin another "FLAP".

Jeff
07-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Just curious, but do most gun owners refer to their weapons by type, or caliber, or simple name the weapon. For instance, if I were to discuss 'my' personal weapon, I'd simply state 'my 45', or 'my 1911 45'. Kept in a biometric lock wall safe, btw. 2 seconds to access.

I refer to mine by caliber unless I have two of the same Caliber than I will call it by manufacturer

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 04:30 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=650777#post650777)

Crap.

And you just had to reply didja?

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=650725#post650725)

I refer to mine by caliber unless I have two of the same Caliber than I will call it by manufacturer
I can't speak for most gun owners but I can give some examples.

When i owned the M-1 Garand, I called it a M-1 not a 30.06 I had a Model 70 Winchester Featherweight and it was a 30.06 but I probably called it my Winchester 30.06

I had a 257 Remington And I suppose i called it my Remington.

I had a 45.70 Winchester Army rifle and I think I called it the 45.70.

Anyway that gives the idea. I won't bore you with the rest of the guns I owned and sold off.

aboutime
07-07-2013, 05:17 PM
And you just had to reply didja?

Robert. You should be applauding Kathianne for using such a word in your behalf.

What do you have against "CRAP"?

Kathianne isn't known for mincing words here. She's using the best tool available, not even you can deny.

It's TRUTH.

Robert A Whit
07-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Robert. You should be applauding Kathianne for using such a word in your behalf.

What do you have against "CRAP"?

Kathianne isn't known for mincing words here. She's using the best tool available, not even you can deny.

It's TRUTH.

And it is a fine self description she offered too.

But I did not have an intention of congratulating her for just signing her post.

When I read your posts, as i laugh, I say to myself,About time is posting more of that which Kath spoke of.

aboutime
07-07-2013, 05:58 PM
And it is a fine self description she offered too.

But I did not have an intention of congratulating her for just signing her post.

When I read your posts, as i laugh, I say to myself,About time is posting more of that which Kath spoke of.

Sure thing. And...tell us Robert. How's that IGNORE thingy working for ya, bout now?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I refer to mine by caliber unless I have two of the same Caliber than I will call it by manufacturer Most of the time its best to refer to the weapon like this Ruger 40, Kimber 45 Auto, Colt 45 six shooter, Sig 40, Browning 40, Smith & Wesson 38 snubnose, R&G 22 cal pistol revolver, etc. Typical to give manufacturer then caliber then designation if its automatic or not. Shotguns, same then if its single shoot, pump or auto. Even breech load or bolt action. If I know or assume the reader knows guns I may often just give 45 Colt Or 45 Kimber, or Remington 1100, etc. -Tyr

logroller
07-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Depends on the context of the conversation. Usually I just refer to it as my rifle, shotgun, sidearm, backup etc... if you must know what each entails, We'd first have to have to have a shared understanding of what each is to be used for; thus id agree that caliber is relevant. Otoh, make/ model -- immaterial IMO-- like being at a red carpet affair and being asked what I'm wearing. I'm a boxer brief man myself-- keeps the chaffing down and everything in its place, yet still let's the boys breathe-- thanks for asking. ;) 30-30/ 12 gauge/10mmauto/ 38 s&w.

Jeff
07-08-2013, 12:11 AM
All good advice but unless I am talking to my wife or a friend most would only ask me what I am carrying and unless they are friends or we get to seriously talking a quick 40 , 45 , ect ... will get it , Or if we are going hunting or just shooting a friend might ask what I am bringing and usually they know my guns so again a simple caliber will tell them , I usually only carry my one carry gun and figure if ya have to ask ya don't need to know but yes I run into other enthusiast and then we talk manufacturer and so on

logroller
07-08-2013, 02:42 AM
All good advice but unless I am talking to my wife or a friend most would only ask me what I am carrying and unless they are friends or we get to seriously talking a quick 40 , 45 , ect ... will get it , Or if we are going hunting or just shooting a friend might ask what I am bringing and usually they know my guns so again a simple caliber will tell them , I usually only carry my one carry gun and figure if ya have to ask ya don't need to know but yes I run into other enthusiast and then we talk manufacturer and so on
If I was talking to my wife, I'd probably just describe it by size and color. :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
07-08-2013, 08:43 AM

Well....the M-16A2 uses a detachable Box Magazine

The M-1 Garand uses a Stripper Clip.

Terminology is somewhat Interchangeable.

Depending on the Weapon

Marcus Aurelius
07-08-2013, 09:04 AM
If I was talking to my wife, I'd probably just describe it by size and color. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD_xWrhZ8yI

Jeff
07-08-2013, 11:34 PM

My wife actually has her own , went and got her carry permit and is a pretty good shot :eek:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-09-2013, 12:35 AM
If I was talking to my wife, I'd probably just describe it by size and color. :laugh: Size varies depending upon the circumstances and the location.. ;). My wife knows the size and color quite well by now. :laugh: -Tyr