PDA

View Full Version : Interesting approach to preventing DUI

WiccanLiberal
07-07-2013, 01:54 PM
The video is an anti DUI ad. Please put down any beverages before viewing. I will not be responsible for any keyboard spillage damages.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TADO4LG29bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hjmick
07-07-2013, 02:23 PM
I tell you what...

While I appreciate the message, if the filming was indeed in the fashion of Candid Camera and there was no forewarning and it was me in that restroom, sure as shit there'd be some conversations with my lawyer...

Kathianne
07-07-2013, 02:26 PM
I tell you what...

While I appreciate the message, if the filming was indeed in the fashion of Candid Camera and there was no forewarning and it was me in that restroom, sure as shit there'd be some conversations with my lawyer...

Indeed. No sign of inebriation with any 'caught' on the video. They might well have been the designated drivers and have been led into heart attack.

WiccanLiberal
07-07-2013, 02:28 PM
The whole thing was an ad with actors apparently designed around the specific message at the end. I just thought it was well done in that if you want to get a message across, you first have to get the audience's attention.

Kathianne
07-07-2013, 02:30 PM
The whole thing was an ad with actors apparently designed around the specific message at the end. I just thought it was well done in that if you want to get a message across, you first have to get the audience's attention.

I'm probably old fashioned, but really don't find lying to be an incentive to better behavior. That's what was done here. Trivializing while going over the top.

aboutime
07-07-2013, 03:30 PM
I tell you what...

hjmick. I do think that video represents the old expression "SCARED SHITLESS". Agreed. It could cause some to have unintended consequences like a heart attack. But, there can be no doubt. It DOES get the attention desired...hopefully enough to SCARE the BEJESUS out of a possible, or potential DUI.

Sometimes what they call "TOUGH LOVE" is the one, and only way to get some people's attention.

Noir
07-07-2013, 04:06 PM
I tell you what... While I appreciate the message, if the filming was indeed in the fashion of Candid Camera and there was no forewarning and it was me in that restroom, sure as shit there'd be some conversations with my lawyer...

Yep, you're a yank alright ^,^

Noir
07-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Also related to DUI in a different way, this went viral after being posted on the night of 4th July (ironically as you'll see) with well over 2 million views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-WMn_zHCVo&sns=em

hjmick
07-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Yep, you're a yank alright ^,^

I am not a litigious man, I have never sued anyone, I know that sometimes shit happens.

But there is a difference between shit happening, and someone staging some sort of outrageous surprise that scares the fuck out of people looking to shake the dew off their lily and wash their hands...

Jeff
07-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Also related to DUI in a different way, this went viral after being posted on the night of 4th July (ironically as you'll see) with well over 2 million views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-WMn_zHCVo&sns=em

Well the kid was right for sure but it seems like a whole lot to go through just to make a point , as for me I open the window yes sir and no sir and be on my way :laugh:

There was a camera in there that apparently the cops found but what if after they found it they came up with some illegal drugs ? It has happened before not all cops are honest ( to say the least )

Noir
07-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Well the kid was right for sure but it seems like a whole lot to go through just to make a point , as for me I open the window yes sir and no sir and be on my way :laugh: There was a camera in there that apparently the cops found but what if after they found it they came up with some illegal drugs ? It has happened before not all cops are honest ( to say the least )

If the kid was found with drugs would he of been home that night uploading a youtube video about it?

He's also put a social media post saying he's got a complaint processing for the officer in question and will post updates.

Youtube, Twitter and Tumblr are awash with 'know your rights, know what you can say and what they can not' videos and scripts. This kid learnt it well after stumbling on the first question. I'd be expecting a lot more things like this in the coming time.

Jeff
07-07-2013, 09:35 PM
If the kid was found with drugs would he of been home that night uploading a youtube video about it?

He's also put a social media post saying he's got a complaint processing for the officer in question and will post updates.

Youtube, Twitter and Tumblr are awash with 'know your rights, know what you can say and what they can not' videos and scripts. This kid learnt it well after stumbling on the first question. I'd be expecting a lot more things like this in the coming time.

Noir maybe you need to re read my reply I said what if, I have no doubt he didn't get caught with any drugs and never said he did I said what IF when they found the camera they planted drugs

Seems like a whole lot to go through when all he had to do was open his window and show his Lisc. and ins. card , I understand he was within his rights but I am a realist and also realize some other kid is not going to get a break some night because this kid was a smart a$$

Back when I was a kid Noir for the most part if you got caught drinking the police took your beer away ya went arrested they usually had ya break them if bottles or pour them out if cans , hell I had been caught many times and never was arrested for it , back then there where times if you got caught drinking and driving provided you went fall down drunk the cop would take your keys and let ya sleep it off but because of kids like this no more breaks , and I know it goes both ways but what happened to respect, again when I was a kid you wouldn't of told a cop no the window is far enough down , and we went to bed at night with the front door wide open , go figure

Noir
07-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Noir maybe you need to re read my reply I said what if, I have no doubt he didn't get caught with any drugs and never said he did I said what IF when they found the camera they planted drugs Seems like a whole lot to go through when all he had to do was open his window and show his Lisc. and ins. card , I understand he was within his rights but I am a realist and also realize some other kid is not going to get a break some night because this kid was a smart a$$

So the fault will lie with 'smart ass kids' who know the law, rather than 'dumb ass cops' who don't (or if they do, chose not to adhere to)

Back when I was a kid Noir for the most part if you got caught drinking the police took your beer away ya went arrested they usually had ya break them if bottles or pour them out if cans , hell I had been caught many times and never was arrested for it , back then there where times if you got caught drinking and driving provided you went fall down drunk the cop would take your keys and let ya sleep it off but because of kids like this no more breaks , and I know it goes both ways but what happened to respect, again when I was a kid you wouldn't of told a cop no the window is far enough down , and we went to bed at night with the front door wide open , go figure

It was the cop who got annoyed because the kid would not waive his constitutional rights. Why should it be considered disrespectful for someone to act lawfully, and make the police act lawfully?

As for 'opening the window, its needs only be open enough for communication, and if for example the kid had wound it fully/mostly down, then later when he was outside their car their would have been nothing to prevent an officer sticking his head through the window - without probable cause or consent to search.

Tge fact that the cop say 'He's innocent and he knows his rights, while searching through his stuff is either hilarious or horrifying, they *know* they just don't care.

Jeff
07-08-2013, 07:05 AM
So the fault will lie with 'smart ass kids' who know the law, rather than 'dumb ass cops' who don't (or if they do, chose not to adhere to)

It was the cop who got annoyed because the kid would not waive his constitutional rights. Why should it be considered disrespectful for someone to act lawfully, and make the police act lawfully?

As for 'opening the window, its needs only be open enough for communication, and if for example the kid had wound it fully/mostly down, then later when he was outside their car their would have been nothing to prevent an officer sticking his head through the window - without probable cause or consent to search.

Tge fact that the cop say 'He's innocent and he knows his rights, while searching through his stuff is either hilarious or horrifying, they *know* they just don't care.

Buddy I have to agree with what you are saying in a legal stand point , I believe you are exactly right , my previous post was more about yours where as you posted well apparently the kid didn't get arrested because he was making the video, I showed I never said he was, all the rest I put in is common sense, why rattle the cage , we all know cops do things that aren't exactly right and no that isn't right , but why the hassle is all I am saying , just to prove the cop was wrong , well he did that and from here on out he had better dot each I and cross each T because they will be looking to hang him .

Noir I had a friend back in the day ( years ago :laugh: too many ) but he fought the police ( I honestly don't even remember what it was about any longer it has been so long) and he won, with in the next couple of weeks he received numerous tickets the best one was for backing out of his driveway ( seems there was a law on the books a old law never enforced but it read it is illegal to back onto or off of a public street so this made your driveway useless )
True story Noir , this guy who at the time did do illegal drugs but knowing he was under the watchful eye of the police made sure not to have anything with him at all but low and behold they picked him up for cocaine something at that time he had never tried ( it was expensive and a line of good crank and a good joint gave you the same high for half the price that lasted ten times longer so why spend the money on coke ) but yes he was tried and convicted for something he didn't do all because he fought the police is it right heck no but he wouldn't of done time in jail had he just went along with them

Jeff
07-11-2013, 11:31 PM
July 11, 2013 at 10:10 am
Border Patrol Shatter Driver’s Window, Handcuff Him After He Refuses Search

Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/07/border-patrol-agents-shatter-drivers-window-handcuff-him-after-he-refuses-search/#ixzz2Ynnvw7rP

Noir I thought you might like this seems the guy you showed and said it went viral has a copy cat , I am afraid they are going to do this until someone gets seriously hurt , no I am not saying the police are right but especially at the border the cops are on edge and if one has a itchy trigger finger life is over no matter who's rights where violated

Noir
07-12-2013, 03:15 AM
July 11, 2013 at 10:10 am Border Patrol Shatter Driver’s Window, Handcuff Him After He Refuses Search Read more: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/07/border-patrol-agents-shatter-drivers-window-handcuff-him-after-he-refuses-search/#ixzz2Ynnvw7rP Noir I thought you might like this seems the guy you showed and said it went viral has a copy cat , I am afraid they are going to do this until someone gets seriously hurt , no I am not saying the police are right but especially at the border the cops are on edge and if one has a itchy trigger finger life is over no matter who's rights where violated

If one has an itchy trigger finger then he is a murderer. Someone should not feel threatened because they want to exercise a basic constitutional right.

To quote Locke "Life, Liberty, and property." All of which these officers feel they have the right to violate...amazingly their are people agreeing with the officers, that right there is the end of freedom.

Jeff
07-12-2013, 08:07 AM
If one has an itchy trigger finger then he is a murderer. Someone should not feel threatened because they want to exercise a basic constitutional right.

To quote Locke "Life, Liberty, and property." All of which these officers feel they have the right to violate...amazingly their are people agreeing with the officers, that right there is the end of freedom.

Like I said buddy I didn't want to debate ya on it and I hear exactly what you are saying but this is a awful dangerous game to be playing , some of these young newbies wanting to make a name for himself but in all reality is scared to death is liable to hurt one of these innocent people trying to make a point , that is what worries me, we hashed it out the other day and I don't wish to do that but i am worried some young person is going to get hurt badly

revelarts
07-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Buddy I have to agree with what you are saying in a legal stand point , I believe you are exactly right , my previous post was more about yours where as you posted well apparently the kid didn't get arrested because he was making the video, I showed I never said he was, all the rest I put in is common sense, why rattle the cage , we all know cops do things that aren't exactly right and no that isn't right , but why the hassle is all I am saying , just to prove the cop was wrong , well he did that and from here on out he had better dot each I and cross each T because they will be looking to hang him .

Noir I had a friend back in the day ( years ago :laugh: too many ) but he fought the police ( I honestly don't even remember what it was about any longer it has been so long) and he won, with in the next couple of weeks he received numerous tickets the best one was for backing out of his driveway ( seems there was a law on the books a old law never enforced but it read it is illegal to back onto or off of a public street so this made your driveway useless )
True story Noir , this guy who at the time did do illegal drugs but knowing he was under the watchful eye of the police made sure not to have anything with him at all but low and behold they picked him up for cocaine something at that time he had never tried ( it was expensive and a line of good crank and a good joint gave you the same high for half the price that lasted ten times longer so why spend the money on coke ) but yes he was tried and convicted for something he didn't do all because he fought the police is it right heck no but he wouldn't of done time in jail had he just went along with them

Point being, too many cops are on a power trips and don't really give a flip about the law or freedoms and we just have to deal with it like in every other 3rd world country?

Cops, great friends when doing their jobs properly, the most dangerous gangs in America when they are not.