PDA

View Full Version : "Suspious" looking lil white woman Sues Stop-n-Frisk NYNY

revelarts
07-07-2013, 06:01 PM
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Samantha-Rosenbaum-collage.png
sarcasm alert
Hippy dippy Drugy looking chick. probably had gun too... and drugs... suitcase nuke maybe. Cops can tell that type of thing. Experience and all... keeping people safe, inspite of the constitution , we can't be to careful, NYPD keeping the street drug free, and gun free. She said the assaul..I mean Stop and Frisk had her in tears as they looked down her underwear and shoved her against the car. WELL the cops were just doing a though job. And BTW that's HER story, If the Cops say different then they are telling the truth and she is a lying ignorant liberal wench. "we love big brother".
sarcasm off

A white, vegan, 22-year-old woman from Essex, N.J. is suing the New York Police Department after she was allegedly stopped, frisked and partially strip-searched for no good reason under the city’s controversial stop-and-frisk policy.
In a federal lawsuit filed this week in Brooklyn, Bard College graduate (and environmental rights major) Samantha Rosenbaum claims that NYPD officers threw her against an unmarked police car on July 17, 2012, reports (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/stop_sue_by_klyn_gal_8mwCHZnYQDlu0H0aSssefP) the New York Post.
The alleged incident occurred in the middle of the day in the hipster haven of Williamsburg, a Brooklyn neighborhood just across the river from Manhattan’s Lower East Side.
At the time, Rosenbaum was an intern at Vaute Couture, a vegan clothing store on Grand Street in Williamsburg dedicated to (http://vautecouture.com/pages/about-us) producing a line of clothing that is “flattering” and “cruelty free.”
She was on her way back to the store from the post office when, she claims in the suit, she took time to engage with a kitten behind a gate.
A plain-clothed man inside a gold vehicle allegedly bellowed, “Hey! Stop!”
When Rosenbaum kept walking, the man and a woman ran over and yelled at her for not stopping. They also asked her if she had any drugs.
“This whole time, I didn’t know who these people are,” she told the Post. “Finally, after a few minutes, they tell me they are police.”
According to the suit, a female NYPD officer lifted up Rosenbaum’s tank top and looked inside her bra, apparently searching for drugs. The cops also looked in her underwear.
“My face and stomach were on the hood,” said Rosenbaum, who is 5-foot-1 and weighs 110 pounds.
“Multiple times, the defendant officers threatened to take plaintiff down to the police station and write her up for [a] felony,” the suit alleges.
At some point, the roughed-up Rosenbaum began to cry.
“I don’t think anyone, no matter what color you are, deserves to be treated like that,” the diminutive vegan told the Post.
“She thought she was getting kidnapped,” her attorney, Michael Goldstein, added.

Eventually, the cops allegedly deigned to set Rosenbaum free.
“They told me they didn’t want me to have a bad impression of cops so they were going to let me go,” she told the Post.
A spokeswoman for New York City’s Law Department, Kate O’Brien Ahlers, said, “The city will evaluate the claim.”
Just a few days ago, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg suggested that police stop and frisk white people at a rate that is higher than the rate for minorities when the number of criminal offenders from various demographics is taken into account.
As the New York State branch of the American Civil Liberties Union points out (http://www.nyclu.org/issues/racial-justice/stop-and-frisk-practices), NYPD data suggests that a considerable majority of New Yorkers who are stopped and frisked each year are black and Latino.
“Nearly nine out of 10 stopped-and-frisked New Yorkers have been completely innocent, according to the NYPD’s own reports,” the civil rights organization notes.
On the other hand, as a National Review editorial observes (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/352533/stop-and-frisk-works-editors), stop-and-frisk tactics tend to be applied most in high-crime areas where the residents are more likely to be black and Latino.
“More than 90 percent of those being sought in New York City murder cases are described as being black or Latino,” according to the National Review editorial.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/06/white-vegan-woman-sues-over-brooklyn-stop-and-frisk/#ixzz2YP4TLMYd

Gaffer
07-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Sounds like maybe the cops did this in order to get the city sued.

aboutime
07-07-2013, 06:25 PM
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Samantha-Rosenbaum-collage.png
sarcasm alert
Hippy dippy Drugy looking chick. probably had gun too... and drugs... suitcase nuke maybe. Cops can tell that type of thing. Experience and all... keeping people safe, inspite of the constitution , we can't be to careful, NYPD keeping the street drug free, and gun free. She said the assaul..I mean Stop and Frisk had her in tears as they looked down her underwear and shoved her against the car. WELL the cops were just doing a though job. And BTW that's HER story, If the Cops say different then they are telling the truth and she is a lying ignorant liberal wench. "we love big brother".
sarcasm off

Rev. After reading that story above. It made me wonder WHY you are so against PROFILING, yet you bring a totally profiled, near fabricated story here to Brag about???

revelarts
07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Rev. After reading that story above. It made me wonder WHY you are so against PROFILING, yet you bring a totally profiled, near fabricated story here to Brag about???

I have a problem with profiling because they pull over and inspect/harass/assault/etc people who have done nothing WRONG.
Except to fit a profile and are out in public.
Run like that it's unconstitutional AT.
I hope that clears it up for you AT.

aboutime
07-07-2013, 07:49 PM
I have a problem with profiling because they pull over and inspect/harass/assault/etc people who have done nothing WRONG.
Except to fit a profile and are out in public.
Run like that it's unconstitutional AT.
I hope that clears it up for you AT.

If so, and your feelings about profiling being what they are.

Why would you bother reporting this: "Hippy dippy Drugy looking chick. probably had gun too... and drugs... suitcase nuke maybe." ???

PostmodernProphet
07-08-2013, 06:50 AM
seems legit to me.....if I had to check inside someone's underwear I probably would have picked her too.....

Marcus Aurelius
07-08-2013, 07:33 AM

what makes you say that?

aboutime
07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
what makes you say that?

That one line I used from the story was a form of Profiling. If anyone is against profiling. Why use such an example?

Marcus Aurelius
07-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, I'd 'frisk' her..... frisk her 'til she couldn't walk.:ssex:

Noir
07-09-2013, 02:20 AM
seems legit to me.....if I had to check inside someone's underwear I probably would have picked her too.....

Well maybe some cop will be eyeing up a friend or family member of yours today, and will think the same.

PostmodernProphet
07-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Well maybe some cop will be eyeing up a friend or family member of yours today, and will think the same.

you seem to have confused finding probable cause with condoning.....I've said I think her case is legitimate, what more do you want?.......I'm even willing to pay her damages if you will send me your checkbook (I want to do this the liberal way, of course)..........

Noir
07-11-2013, 08:39 PM
you seem to have confused finding probable cause with condoning.....I've said I think her case is legitimate, what more do you want?.......I'm even willing to pay her damages if you will send me your checkbook (I want to do this the liberal way, of course)..........

I'd want you not to make light of the fact that this woman was harassed, exposed, and violated, for committing the heinous crime of walking down a street.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Well, I'd 'frisk' her..... frisk her 'til she couldn't walk.:ssex: WISHFUL THINKING AMIGO/. I DON'T BLAME YA BUT AS A MUCH YOUNGER MAN I TRIED MANY TIMES TO DO JUST THAT AND LOW AND BEHOLD THEY ALL WALKED THE NEXT MORNING. And a mighty pretty walking it was as they scampered to the bathroom in their birthday suit. Memories I can cherish but the wife doesn't especially like for me to talk about. I love her so the memories aren't often ever brought up about my past escapades. Old dog like me has to be very happy to have been so blessed as to have her and my son! -Tyr

PostmodernProphet
07-11-2013, 09:32 PM
I'd want you not to make light of the fact that this woman was harassed, exposed, and violated, for committing the heinous crime of walking down a street.

obviously you aren't quite as perceptive as you thought you were.....

logroller
07-11-2013, 11:02 PM
In th OP it mentioned that she was behind a gate; suggesting that she was in a secure area that she wasnt authorized to be in, and when ordered to stop, she failed to comply. That's suspicious on its own, and completely unrelated to the stop and frisk law of questionable constitutionality. So "harassed" is an unfair statement. Under a bra, not so much IMO. Exposed? During the time her top was lifted up, her face and stomach were in the hood-- so just how exposed was she? Violated? She was searched for contraban under her bra by a female officer.I've seen and heard of videos where a woman's orifice was searched for throwing a lit cigarette out if a car window; that's violated.

Marcus Aurelius
07-11-2013, 11:28 PM
In th OP it mentioned that she was behind a gate; suggesting that she was in a secure area that she wasnt authorized to be in, and when ordered to stop, she failed to comply. That's suspicious on its own, and completely unrelated to the stop and frisk law of questionable constitutionality. So "harassed" is an unfair statement. Under a bra, not so much IMO. Exposed? During the time her top was lifted up, her face and stomach were in the hood-- so just how exposed was she? Violated? She was searched for contraban under her bra by a female officer.I've seen and heard of videos where a woman's orifice was searched for throwing a lit cigarette out if a car window; that's violated.

Technically, it doesn't say that...

she claims in the suit, she took time to engage with a kitten behind a gate.

...it says the kitten was behind a gate.

Noir
07-12-2013, 03:33 PM
In th OP it mentioned that she was behind a gate; suggesting that she was in a secure area that she wasnt authorized to be in

You're reading a lot into something that isn't said at all. Jn fact you've just totally made up the 'secure area she wasn't authorised to be in'

and when ordered to stop, she failed to comply. That's suspicious on its own,

A plain clothed stranger shouted at her from his car, and she failed to do as "ordered". Suspicious indeed...

So "harassed" is an unfair statement. Under a bra, not so much IMO.

Someone stopping you in the street for no apparent reason, and checking inside your bra and underwear isn't harassment?

Exposed? During the time her top was lifted up, her face and stomach were in the hood-- so just how exposed was she? Violated? She was searched for contraban under her bra by a female officer.I've seen and heard of videos where a woman's orifice was searched for throwing a lit cigarette out if a car window; that's violated.

Well i guess if you've heard of a case worse than this, then how could this he a violation of this woman's privacy.... A+ logic.