PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head during the night

jimnyc
07-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I've been sick, depressed and full of anxiety this week. I'm on a better road now with back to hitting the gym every single day, for a steam room sitting at the very least, but am slowly getting more and more energy to do more. I had lost my appetite, and am 'slowly' getting that back. I've been drinking tons of fluids, mostly water and cranberry juice. Some toast and an egg when I can. I also bought some bottles of Ensure for when I have no appetite, as they seem to be a "meal" of sorts if you can't eat. They have 25% of every vitamin in them and almost do replace a meal.

Anyway, on top of that, I woke up and had to go to the bathroom at about 4:30 or 5 this morning. I don't remember the time for sure. When I went to get back in bed I saw that my Chihuahua had stolen my spot. I decided to get closer to the wall as I lay down, so as not to disturb the little bugger. I ended up hitting my head pretty hard on a nail sticking out on a shelf above my bed. It hurt, but I never even got out of bed. A decent amount of blood when I finally crawled out of bed a few hours later!

http://imageshack.us/a/img707/6213/gov5.jpg

Abbey Marie
07-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Yikes. Neosporin!

jimnyc
07-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Yikes. Neosporin!

That's what my wife put on it early today after I washed it. I'm glad you said that, as she said to put more on later, and I forgot!

aboutime
07-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Jim. You can tell me to shut up, or mind my own business but. THAT....looks like a Doctor should take a look at it.

Patient First, or your own doctor. Head injuries usually come back to HAUNT you later on.
Almost looks like stitches are needed if...it continues to bleed, and your headache gets worse.

Better safe than....well, you know.

Voted4Reagan
07-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Before Marcus beats me to it....

I have to say it....
http://i.qkme.me/3v3yct.jpg

hjmick
07-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Fucking Mexicans, always causing trouble... ;)

Kathianne
07-08-2013, 05:23 PM
nail? Better check last tetanus date, Neosporin isn't enough if inoculation isn't up-to-date. If you're good to go, Neosporin and some 'anti-scar' bandages and creams should be enough. Doesn't look like a 'stitches' cut to me.

Syrenn
07-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I've been sick, depressed and full of anxiety this week. I'm on a better road now with back to hitting the gym every single day, for a steam room sitting at the very least, but am slowly getting more and more energy to do more. I had lost my appetite, and am 'slowly' getting that back. I've been drinking tons of fluids, mostly water and cranberry juice. Some toast and an egg when I can. I also bought some bottles of Ensure for when I have no appetite, as they seem to be a "meal" of sorts if you can't eat. They have 25% of every vitamin in them and almost do replace a meal.

Anyway, on top of that, I woke up and had to go to the bathroom at about 4:30 or 5 this morning. I don't remember the time for sure. When I went to get back in bed I saw that my Chihuahua had stolen my spot. I decided to get closer to the wall as I lay down, so as not to disturb the little bugger. I ended up hitting my head pretty hard on a nail sticking out on a shelf above my bed. It hurt, but I never even got out of bed. A decent amount of blood when I finally crawled out of bed a few hours later!

damn jim.... that sucks!!

when was your last tetanus shot?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-08-2013, 06:18 PM

http://imageshack.us/a/img707/6213/gov5.jpg So you hit the nail right on the head! Good job Jim!;) Now check for your last Tetanus shot and wash that baby good, then put Iodine on it. Do not put a Band-Aid on it as it'll heal faster without one IMHO. Buddy , with a head like that you should be more careful. -- :laugh: :poke: -Tyr

hjmick
07-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Damn, I just noticed... You've got a lot of forehead...

Almost as much as I do...

Gaffer
07-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I think you need to get a hammer and put that nail where it belongs.

tailfins
07-08-2013, 07:06 PM

What if you told the doctor it really hurt when you did that and he replied "Then don't do that."?

Marcus Aurelius
07-08-2013, 08:31 PM

I have to say it....
http://i.qkme.me/3v3yct.jpg

that's $3.00 you owe me :laugh:

Marcus Aurelius
07-08-2013, 08:32 PM
let it scar, Jim. Chicks dig scars.

Jeff
07-08-2013, 09:02 PM

That's cool Jim makes ya look tuff :laugh: seriously hope ya keep getting better each day , hey Wyatt had a nasty cut in Baseball ( not sure if ya remember ) he wanted to not take a shower cause they had a game the next day so he would look tuff on the pitchers mound , ooo and he did have me post it on Fb for him :laugh:

jimnyc
07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Jim. You can tell me to shut up, or mind my own business but. THAT....looks like a Doctor should take a look at it.

Patient First, or your own doctor. Head injuries usually come back to HAUNT you later on.
Almost looks like stitches are needed if...it continues to bleed, and your headache gets worse.

Better safe than....well, you know.

Thanks! It never bleed again after I took that picture and it's healing nicely. I've been sick for about a week now, and believe it or not, the cut was the least of my issues.

I have to say it....

That was exactly what I said to myself as I laid back down in bed with blood running into my hair. :)

Fucking Mexicans, always causing trouble... ;)

I can't get the bastards to cut the neighbors trees hanging into my driveway, and then the little bastard tries to kill me by tricking me into a nail!

nail? Better check last tetanus date, Neosporin isn't enough if inoculation isn't up-to-date. If you're good to go, Neosporin and some 'anti-scar' bandages and creams should be enough. Doesn't look like a 'stitches' cut to me.

It was a nail, but the head of the nail, not a rusty end or anything like that. Probably had a tetanus shot about 30 years ago or so! I guess I'm lucky that it's healing well so far, as I've mainly ignored it other than the first day.

damn jim.... that sucks!!

when was your last tetanus shot?

Read above! Then again, maybe I did get one since then, not sure. I slammed my thumb in a car door 2x over a 5 year period, and both times I had to go to the hospital and have them use a small laser to burn a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure. I "think" I may have gotten one then, and if so, that would have been around 1992.

So you hit the nail right on the head! Good job Jim!;) Now check for your last Tetanus shot and wash that baby good, then put Iodine on it. Do not put a Band-Aid on it as it'll heal faster without one IMHO. Buddy , with a head like that you should be more careful. -- :laugh: :poke: -Tyr

No bandage or band aid, and I told the ladies at the gym that I got it while defending an old lady from a mugging, that the 3 guys who were out of line hit me upside the head with a crow bar before they ran off. :)

Damn, I just noticed... You've got a lot of forehead...

Almost as much as I do...

Bastard! That was because I just got out of shower and my hair was wet, and pulled back to get to the cut. AND, now I got a haircut, so my forehead is even bigger!

Couldn't find it, so I bent it back and forth for like 20 minutes and pulled it out with my hands. God forbid I actually went to the basement to my toolbox to get a hammer.

let it scar, Jim. Chicks dig scars.

I have a scar on my forehead from where I got hit by a tractor when I was a kid, and then the 2 big scars on my neck from the fusion surgeries. Neither have helped me! (and for clarity, I actually ran into the big claw on a bulldozer, but I still say it hit me)

That's cool Jim makes ya look tuff :laugh: seriously hope ya keep getting better each day , hey Wyatt had a nasty cut in Baseball ( not sure if ya remember ) he wanted to not take a shower cause they had a game the next day so he would look tuff on the pitchers mound , ooo and he did have me post it on Fb for him :laugh:

Thanks, and thanks to all!! Here's a pic of my fat head and the cut today. And no, I am not angry and my eyeball is not falling out. My face looks like that from a lack of sleep and anxiety.

http://imageshack.us/a/img543/4965/4t63.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks! It never bleed again after I took that picture and it's healing nicely. I've been sick for about a week now, and believe it or not, the cut was the least of my issues.

That was exactly what I said to myself as I laid back down in bed with blood running into my hair. :)

I can't get the bastards to cut the neighbors trees hanging into my driveway, and then the little bastard tries to kill me by tricking me into a nail!

It was a nail, but the head of the nail, not a rusty end or anything like that. Probably had a tetanus shot about 30 years ago or so! I guess I'm lucky that it's healing well so far, as I've mainly ignored it other than the first day.

Read above! Then again, maybe I did get one since then, not sure. I slammed my thumb in a car door 2x over a 5 year period, and both times I had to go to the hospital and have them use a small laser to burn a hole in the nail to relieve the pressure. I "think" I may have gotten one then, and if so, that would have been around 1992.

No bandage or band aid, and I told the ladies at the gym that I got it while defending an old lady from a mugging, that the 3 guys who were out of line hit me upside the head with a crow bar before they ran off. :)

Bastard! That was because I just got out of shower and my hair was wet, and pulled back to get to the cut. AND, now I got a haircut, so my forehead is even bigger!

Couldn't find it, so I bent it back and forth for like 20 minutes and pulled it out with my hands. God forbid I actually went to the basement to my toolbox to get a hammer.

I have a scar on my forehead from where I got hit by a tractor when I was a kid, and then the 2 big scars on my neck from the fusion surgeries. Neither have helped me! (and for clarity, I actually ran into the big claw on a bulldozer, but I still say it hit me)

Thanks, and thanks to all!! Here's a pic of my fat head and the cut today. And no, I am not angry and my eyeball is not falling out. My face looks like that from a lack of sleep and anxiety.

http://imageshack.us/a/img543/4965/4t63.jpg
Crapola, I was ok until I saw that pic at the end of your post. Jim, hit the nail a few dozen more times as the scar is a big improvement. :poke:--:laugh: OK, I ADMIT IT, HAVE ABOUT 5 MORE SCARS THAN YOU AND YES THEY ALL WERE LEGIT FIGHTING SCARS. Two of them quite wicked looking. And no the chicks didn't dig 'em... however a few gals were impressed with the stories of how I got 'em. After a few years (tired of telling how) I just started saying all my scars came from one terrible car wreck that I barely survived. -Tyr

darin
07-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Rub dirt on it and drive-on, Jimbo :D

tailfins
07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Now I see what you were trying to do! I remember hearing that if your toe hurts after you stub your toe, hit yourself in the head with a hammer and your toe will stop hurting. Apparently you didn't hit your head hard enough!

Voted4Reagan
07-10-2013, 10:14 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7648732160/h24D3CF93/

jimnyc
07-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Crapola, I was ok until I saw that pic at the end of your post. Jim, hit the nail a few dozen more times as the scar is a big improvement. :poke:--:laugh: OK, I ADMIT IT, HAVE ABOUT 5 MORE SCARS THAN YOU AND YES THEY ALL WERE LEGIT FIGHTING SCARS. Two of them quite wicked looking. And no the chicks didn't dig 'em... however a few gals were impressed with the stories of how I got 'em. After a few years (tired of telling how) I just started saying all my scars came from one terrible car wreck that I barely survived. -Tyr

Yeah, the stories are cool. I can't tell people I hit my head on a nail like an ass, I need to invent a believable story.

Rub dirt on it and drive-on, Jimbo :D

While I didn't do that, like I said, I didn't even really care. I stayed right in bed, wiped a little blood away, reached above my bed on the shelf for a small washcloth type towel, placed it on my head as a compress, and tried to go back to bed.

Now I see what you were trying to do! I remember hearing that if your toe hurts after you stub your toe, hit yourself in the head with a hammer and your toe will stop hurting. Apparently you didn't hit your head hard enough!

Of course I did, my toe doesn't hurt in the slightest!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7648732160/h24D3CF93/

Last time I tell all of you fuckers about an accident! :coffee:

aboutime
07-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Jim. Guess you're feeling much better today. Seeing your wounded forehead reminded me of a joke. Seems a man had a seriously large, black and blue lump on his head that wouldn't go away.
So he went to his doctor, and the doc asked him "How'd that happen?"

The guy smiled, and seriously admitted: "I got it from hitting myself in the head with a hammer!"

The doctor then says. "NO WONDER IT WON'T GO AWAY! But....Why do you hit yourself in the head with a Hammer?"

The man looks at the Doctor and, without hesitation says: "Because it feels SO GOOD when I stop!"