PDA

View Full Version : Haagen-Dazs

Jeff
07-11-2013, 12:59 AM
This has got to be the best Ice cream ya can buy in the stores I have yet to find a flavor I didn't like , right now I pulled out some plain old Vanilla and it is fantastic , what are some flavors others like ?

Kathianne
07-11-2013, 01:07 AM
This may well be a matter of taste. Haagen Dazs is ok with me, but truly I like Walgreens home flavors better. Yeah, shocker. To me they not only beat out Haagen Daz, but Edy's and Bryer's by a long shot. Ben & Jerry's too! Though they don't have Jerry Garcia.

Jeff
07-11-2013, 01:13 AM
This may well be a matter of taste. Haagen Dazs is ok with me, but truly I like Walgreens home flavors better. Yeah, shocker. To me they not only beat out Haagen Daz, but Edy's and Bryer's by a long shot. Ben & Jerry's too! Though they don't have Jerry Garcia.

I have never tried it in fact I didn't even know it existed , but back when I was a kid working for the DOT in NJ we would take break at a 7-11 and on a hot day I would get a pint of Haagen Dazs and have been sold since , we just recently found it down here ( we dont have much of a selection of anything when there are only so many stores and here in the south the people are funny if they haven't had a certain food since they where young many wont try it ) but since we have found it I can always tell if Laura has broke the car , spent to much money , well she has done something wrong because I find a pint of Haagen- Dazs in the freezer and this time it is a quart , dam I am probably getting divorced :laugh:

Kathianne
07-11-2013, 01:39 AM
I have never tried it in fact I didn't even know it existed , but back when I was a kid working for the DOT in NJ we would take break at a 7-11 and on a hot day I would get a pint of Haagen Dazs and have been sold since , we just recently found it down here ( we dont have much of a selection of anything when there are only so many stores and here in the south the people are funny if they haven't had a certain food since they where young many wont try it ) but since we have found it I can always tell if Laura has broke the car , spent to much money , well she has done something wrong because I find a pint of Haagen- Dazs in the freezer and this time it is a quart , dam I am probably getting divorced :laugh:

LOL! I hear you, at least a bit. When my folks were living in FL for about 5 years, Publix was the most choice they had for 'items.' Want salsa? One brand, two temps. Mild and Med.

Edy's or Bryer's?

Same with our summer home, but even more restricted. Not two or three choices, but one.

However, Walgreen's is everywhere, some closer than others.

When I was a kid, Chicago suburbs, over the course of literally 5 years we went from a choice of a couple butchers/grocers to 3 major grocers and all the choices. Since I was all of 5 or 6 years old, can't tell you all the repercussions or choices. I do know that for the next 10-15 years, my folks would 'treat' us to going to Walgreens in town and picking out quarts of flavors or Baskin-Robbins 31 flavors and doing the same. Wasn't all the time, but was a 'treat.'

Most of the time we had vanilla, chocolate, or Neapolitan from Dean's or Jewel.

Abbey Marie
07-11-2013, 11:24 AM
This has got to be the best Ice cream ya can buy in the stores I have yet to find a flavor I didn't like , right now I pulled out some plain old Vanilla and it is fantastic , what are some flavors others like ?

Just plain ol' chocolate. I haven't had theirs in years, but I remember thinking it was fantastic.

Jeff
07-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Kat publix is the place here in GA as well to get the good stuff and Abbey the Chocolate is fantastic ;)

Drummond
07-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Yep, it's sold in the UK, too ... Ben & Jerry's, ditto.

For me, either brand sells ice cream that's positively addictive. Still, Ben & Jerry's is maybe just a bit too sweet tasting ? Haagen-Dasz gets the balance right.

I'd go for two flavours over the others (though they're all great !). One is Cookies and Creme .. the other is Strawberry Cheesecake.

'Own Brand' ice creams .. well, I suppose this won't mean anything to America ... but Tesco Own Brand are all pretty good. I also enjoyed Iceland's Rum and Raisin just a couple of days ago.

Kathianne
07-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Kat publix is the place here in GA as well to get the good stuff and Abbey the Chocolate is fantastic ;)

That was true for my folks in FL too, Publix was the primo grocery. I confess that having lived all my life in Chicago area, my norm isn't the norm for country or world. Due to 'central location' in US, rail and air transport, media, Chicago area has always been a 'trial area' for marketing. "Will it play in Peoria?"

The first time I ran to Publix to shop for my mom, I was stunned. It was for taco makings. Go to spices, 1 choice, McCormick. Really? Ugg. Where's at least Lawry's? No luck. We don't do McCormick. So, had to buy the spices to make our own seaonings, very expensive.

I've grown up on 'taco seasonings?' At least two dozen choices. Ice Cream? How about over a dozen standing freezer cases devoted to that? Heck, my local store has 4 devoted just to 'frozen ice cream desserts.' Not ice cream, but ice cream rolls, cakes, pies, cup cakes, even 'Baked Alaska.'

One thing I've learned on the internet, I don't live in a 'normal' area. Even in the US, most areas do not have the choices that are my norm. Indeed, while the cost of living is very high in this area, food shopping is controllable. There are a plethora of choices, from an Aldis to a Costco to a Whole Foods.

hjmick
07-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Try this:

http://wisdomandfaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/talenti-seas-salt-caramel-gelato-300x225.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Yep, it's sold in the UK, too ... Ben & Jerry's, ditto.

For me, either brand sells ice cream that's positively addictive. Still, Ben & Jerry's is maybe just a bit too sweet tasting ? Haagen-Dasz gets the balance right.

I'd go for two flavours over the others (though they're all great !). One is Cookies and Creme .. the other is Strawberry Cheesecake.

'Own Brand' ice creams .. well, I suppose this won't mean anything to America ... but Tesco Own Brand are all pretty good. I also enjoyed Iceland's Rum and Raisin just a couple of days ago.
My Filipina wife goes crazy over the strawberry cheesecake. I like Edy's or just about any major brand of dark chocolate. Our son Justin favors strawberry, orange cream , dark chocolate and black walnut .. any brand will do !--Tyr

Jeff
07-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Try this:

http://wisdomandfaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/talenti-seas-salt-caramel-gelato-300x225.jpg
I had been waiting for someone to post about Gelato they say once you have it you wont want regular ice cream no more , Haagen-Dazs has a flavor that says Gelato I wonder if it is the real thing ?

Robert A Whit
07-11-2013, 06:30 PM
I had been waiting for someone to post about Gelato they say once you have it you wont want regular ice cream no more , Haagen-Dazs has a flavor that says Gelato I wonder if it is the real thing ?

I have never had it.

Say Jeff, about the flight surgeon, I looked at my medical and it is by a medical examiner.

I have said flight surgeon so long it looks like I believed it.

Smart and Final sells good icecream and they have many varieties including Hagen Daz. I think one that is supposed to be very good is called Moose Track. Hell, at my age, that might be wrong too.

hjmick
07-11-2013, 06:30 PM

I don't know, but that Talenti Sea Salt and Caramel is the shit.

I'm also not much for the Dazs. Being a Texas boy at heart, it's all about the Blue Bell...

I am currently on a malt binge. I love me a chocolate malt. The hard part was finding the malt powder...

That begs the question... Shake or Malt?

Might need to start a thread...

glockmail
07-11-2013, 08:02 PM
The wife and I had to use a groupon that was expiring, so we both took off work early and went to Sweet Frog before we did some necessary shopping. It's a frozen yogurt shop, you grab a cup and serve yourself out of a row of soft serve machines, then add toppings and set it on the scale at the register. They charge 42 cents/ ounce. It's a pretty cool concept.

Jeff
07-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I have never had it.

Say Jeff, about the flight surgeon, I looked at my medical and it is by a medical examiner.

I have said flight surgeon so long it looks like I believed it.

Smart and Final sells good icecream and they have many varieties including Hagen Daz. I think one that is supposed to be very good is called Moose Track. Hell, at my age, that might be wrong too.

Robert medical examiner is exactly right all it means is Doctor because any Doctor can do a ICC physical and it says right on the card where the Doc is to sign Medical examiner

As for the ice cream if I have it right it is a Italian ice cream made with little to no air in it , they say it is fantastic I have never had it

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Robert medical examiner is exactly right all it means is Doctor because any Doctor can do a ICC physical and it says right on the card where the Doc is to sign Medical examiner

As for the ice cream if I have it right it is a Italian ice cream made with little to no air in it , they say it is fantastic I have never had it

The flight physical is not the same physical you probably get. FAA has lists of doctors they allow to do the physicals. I thought they were all called flight surgeons. I am not making this up. I learned this while training. I have had regular physicals and flight physicals. So I do know the difference.

Jeff
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
The flight physical is not the same physical you probably get. FAA has lists of doctors they allow to do the physicals. I thought they were all called flight surgeons. I am not making this up. I learned this while training. I have had regular physicals and flight physicals. So I do know the difference.

OK Robert no problem you are confusing me a bit you told me yesterday they where medical examiners and I agreed 100% with you as for them not being the same well the pilot that was getting his physical done when I had mine done it was exactly the same but hey whatever floats your boat if you need a surgeon to blow bubbles up the back door to fly so be it , I just told ya what I saw and where I saw it , I have no problem with you describing it anyway you want ,in this thread yesterday I agreed 100% with you and now this , kind of sounds like you want to tell me a pilot is above a trucker , well guess what hero I have friends that are truckers that also fly as for myself I have explained I have no desire to go up unless it is a emergency , but what ever stokes your furnace

aboutime
07-12-2013, 01:22 PM
OK Robert no problem you are confusing me a bit you told me yesterday they where medical examiners and I agreed 100% with you as for them not being the same well the pilot that was getting his physical done when I had mine done it was exactly the same but hey whatever floats your boat if you need a surgeon to blow bubbles up the back door to fly so be it , I just told ya what I saw and where I saw it , I have no problem with you describing it anyway you want ,in this thread yesterday I agreed 100% with you and now this , kind of sounds like you want to tell me a pilot is above a trucker , well guess what hero I have friends that are truckers that also fly as for myself I have explained I have no desire to go up unless it is a emergency , but what ever stokes your furnace

Jeff. Please take time to ask Robert what his post has to do with Haagen-Dazs, Ice Cream, or anything related to the title of this thread?

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 03:45 PM

I believe it is that you went to a doctor able to do both types of physicals. I did not say that the doctor can't obtain the proper permits to do both types. The doctors I speak of are AME or Aircraft Medical Examiners. Maybe where I trained it was just what I heard a lot. Maybe my mind just thinks it is what I heard. That was 1980, so it is possible.

I in no way accept your premise that either is above the other. They are just different things.

For a very odd reason, now you moved onto the attack as if you believe you got insulted. This is about doctors who have done what FAA requires to give pilots medicals is all it is.

Missileman
07-12-2013, 04:13 PM

Their Creme Brulee is the smoothest, creamiest Ice Cream I've ever had.

As for the Gelato, I've tried the Black Cherry Ameretto, the Sea Salt Caramel, and the Stracciatella and they're all pretty good.

Marcus Aurelius
07-12-2013, 04:39 PM

So, you'll admit here you were wrong, but not in the 777 thread where you made such a stink before I proved you wrong? Hoping to hide it in an obscure, unrelated thread?

Dumb ass... into my sig this goes.

Jeff
07-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I believe it is that you went to a doctor able to do both types of physicals. I did not say that the doctor can't obtain the proper permits to do both types. The doctors I speak of are AME or Aircraft Medical Examiners. Maybe where I trained it was just what I heard a lot. Maybe my mind just thinks it is what I heard. That was 1980, so it is possible.

I in no way accept your premise that either is above the other. They are just different things.

For a very odd reason, now you moved onto the attack as if you believe you got insulted. This is about doctors who have done what FAA requires to give pilots medicals is all it is.

This is about friggin ice cream read the top post or make it easy on yourself just read the title as for anymore of this , Goodbye

Jeff
07-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Their Creme Brulee is the smoothest, creamiest Ice Cream I've ever had.

As for the Gelato, I've tried the Black Cherry Ameretto, the Sea Salt Caramel, and the Stracciatella and they're all pretty good.

I am wanting to try Gelato just because I have always heard if you try it once ice cream will never be the same , of course I grew up where most where Italian so who knows , but I will try it eventually LOL

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 04:57 PM
This is about friggin ice cream read the top post or make it easy on yourself just read the title as for anymore of this , Goodbye

Sorry

You have a talent for being rude.

I assumed you can speak to more than one topic.

I apologize.

hjmick
07-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Sorry

I apologize.

Jesus fucking Christ but you are a royal stinking douche!

You come into a thread about ice cream, post some bullshit about you, your flight physical, your doctor, whatever the fuck it was, one line about ice cream, then every fucking post after that is about you and your physical crap! And you work so fucking hard to keep that vein going that Jeff feels compelled to humor you, and you call him rude? Then, like flies to shit, the other two disputatious members come to antagonize you, further screwing with the thread... Thanks to YOU. It seems to me, you are the one being rude. You are unable to converse about the topic. Fuck, what's your problem? No stories about your mastery of the ice cream making process?

I've interacted with Jeff for a few years now and I can say, he is more that capable speaking to more than one topic.

You, on the other hand, have time after time proven that you can speak to only one topic... YOU!

Christ, I am a patient man, affable even, but you sir are an insufferable boob!

Jeff
07-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Sorry

I apologize.

Ok I said Goodbye but let me explain I tried to be friendly I tried to keep calm and many of the posters that have been here a long time can tell you , you have not seen rude , I am a real bastard when I want to be but you know what when I act that way and look at many of these posters that have been here for years I realized all I did was embarrass myself , we have like a internet family here and I truly care for a lot of these members , and yes I do have real family here as well but that is a different ball game we talk family on the phone as for DP there are people like well the list is way to long for me to try to remember everyone and I refuse to embarrass myself in front of these fine folks by letting your never ending picking get to me, and no Robert it isn't just you so please don't think I am shooting this your way , this thread is about you but other threads have also been disrupted with childish bickering ( I know I use to do it ) who gives a dam if the friggin flaps are up or down , I understand yall want to prove your point but man do it in the cage or in private and no I wont call anybody else names because none of them pulled me into it, I simply made a comment to Kat in a entirely different thread and you are still coming , and yes you tried to put truckers down by saying you know they aren't the same , what the hell difference does it make #1 and I told you I had a physical right along side a guy that was getting one to fly with and here is a kick in the butt you say ooo no there not the same your right that doctor tried to fail me because I smoked ( he couldn't do it its not a requirement ) but the pilot as we took the eye test said I forgot my glasses at home and they told him not to worry about it do the best you can , so that is how stringent your Flight surgeon or better know as a medical examiner or better yet know as a dam doctor is , so no I wont put you on ignore but yes if you keep up this way I will simply ignore you, I came back on here with all good intent as I said I truly like many here heck even those I just met seem pretty cool , so I wont resort to acting the fool and I suggest you do the same , you will find people will treat you a lot better

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Post #25 is how you destroy topics.

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Ok I said Goodbye but let me explain I tried to be friendly I tried to keep calm and many of the posters that have been here a long time can tell you , you have not seen rude , I am a real bastard when I want to be but you know what when I act that way and look at many of these posters that have been here for years I realized all I did was embarrass myself , we have like a internet family here and I truly care for a lot of these members , and yes I do have real family here as well but that is a different ball game we talk family on the phone as for DP there are people like well the list is way to long for me to try to remember everyone and I refuse to embarrass myself in front of these fine folks by letting your never ending picking get to me, and no Robert it isn't just you so please don't think I am shooting this your way , this thread is about you but other threads have also been disrupted with childish bickering ( I know I use to do it ) who gives a dam if the friggin flaps are up or down , I understand yall want to prove your point but man do it in the cage or in private and no I wont call anybody else names because none of them pulled me into it, I simply made a comment to Kat in a entirely different thread and you are still coming , and yes you tried to put truckers down by saying you know they aren't the same , what the hell difference does it make #1 and I told you I had a physical right along side a guy that was getting one to fly with and here is a kick in the butt you say ooo no there not the same your right that doctor tried to fail me because I smoked ( he couldn't do it its not a requirement ) but the pilot as we took the eye test said I forgot my glasses at home and they told him not to worry about it do the best you can , so that is how stringent your Flight surgeon or better know as a medical examiner or better yet know as a dam doctor is , so no I wont put you on ignore but yes if you keep up this way I will simply ignore you, I came back on here with all good intent as I said I truly like many here heck even those I just met seem pretty cool , so I wont resort to acting the fool and I suggest you do the same , you will find people will treat you a lot better

I was liking you a lot Jeff.
I did not put truckers down.
I said when I thought of it, that apparently your particular is unique and is able to do both types of physicals. I could go into a lot of detail on flight physicals but did not want to tell others what they can check on their own.

For instance, my flight physical does include my eyes. My normal physical does not. But there are other differences.

Maybe I ought to ignore you. See, that is how you sound.

I am not used to some guy tossing a fit over my not staying rigidly on ice cream. Maybe I made a mistake and I already apologized to you.

glockmail
07-12-2013, 06:48 PM
LOL! :lol:

Voted4Reagan
07-12-2013, 06:52 PM
I was liking you a lot Jeff.
I did not put truckers down.
I said when I thought of it, that apparently your particular is unique and is able to do both types of physicals. I could go into a lot of detail on flight physicals but did not want to tell others what they can check on their own.

For instance, my flight physical does include my eyes. My normal physical does not. But there are other differences.

Maybe I ought to ignore you. See, that is how you sound.

I am not used to some guy tossing a fit over my not staying rigidly on ice cream. Maybe I made a mistake and I already apologized to you.

Taking you off ignore for this one... then back on you go... so dont bother to reply.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ICE CREAM...NOT AVIATION.

STOP DERAILING THREADS YOU INSUFFERABLE, NARCISSISTIC BOOR!!!

GOD... DO YOU EVER STOP?

You are absolutely the most self-absorbed, Megalomaniac I have ever seen...

I Love Friendlys... Make mine a Jim Dandy... Vanilla, Pistachio, Strawberry, Choc Chip Cookie Dough and Cherry Vanilla.

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I apologize to all of you since for some odd reason. I draw the most dramatic, by drama queens, taunts and insults ever. Thank you for the vast majority of you who refuse to play those games. I appreciate that very few on this forum love to attack posters.

I dread reading those attacks.

But if any of you want to blame me, I say again

I am sorry

aboutime
07-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Jeff. You in big trouble now. Robert don't like you no more. Boo Hoo!

Kathianne
07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Magnum Double Caramel Bars. To die for!

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Jeff owes it to himself to deal with post 32, clearly a post trying to cause trouble.

Jeff

I do like you man.

Kathianne
07-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I blame Jeff! My son dropped off some blueberry lavendar gelato. He and his bride spent the day downtown and I asked him about gelato last night. Too full to taste yet, it's in the freezer. Why he chose this flavor? Lord only knows! http://paciugo.com/gelato/flavors/

Marcus Aurelius
07-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Double-chocolate with crumbled BACON!!!!!!!!

aboutime
07-12-2013, 07:22 PM

The Double-chocolate is almost as rich as Brownies just out of the oven. Haven't tried anything with Bacon. Seems like
almost every Fast Food place has tried Bacon for something. Even that MILK-SHAKE, I heard about on TV.

Voted4Reagan
07-12-2013, 08:09 PM

I present to you....

THE CHOINKWICH

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/choinkwich.jpeg

aboutime
07-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I present to you....

THE CHOINKWICH

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/choinkwich.jpeg

YUMMY! Good thing I didn't lean forward and try to LICK that. It looks sooooooooo good!

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I blame Jeff! My son dropped off some blueberry lavendar gelato. He and his bride spent the day downtown and I asked him about gelato last night. Too full to taste yet, it's in the freezer. Why he chose this flavor? Lord only knows! http://paciugo.com/gelato/flavors/

Thanks guys for bringing this up. Soon as I finish my ice cream, i plan to buy some Gelato.

Voted4Reagan
07-12-2013, 09:06 PM
YUMMY! Good thing I didn't lean forward and try to LICK that. It looks sooooooooo good!

Well... it is available at:

http://biggayicecream.squarespace.com/treats/

Big Gay Ice Cream Shop

East Village
125 East 7th Street (http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,11578538503025884137&fb=1&hq=big+gay+ice+cream+shop&hnear=0x89c24fa5d33f083b:0xc80b8f06e177fe62,New+Yo rk,+NY&gl=us&daddr=125+East+7th+Street,+New+York,+NY+10009-5748&geocode=0,40.726383,-73.984108&sa=X&ei=Sk3QTs31LYPL0QHTtewd&ved=0CAcQngIwCQ)
(between 1st Avenue & Avenue A)
New York NY 10009
Tues 4pm-11pm
Wed-Mon 1pm-12am

West Village
61 Grove Street (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=61+Grove+Street,+New+York,+NY&hl=en&sll=40.726608,-73.984101&sspn=0.009578,0.017488&oq=61+grove+&gl=us&hnear=61+Grove+St,+New+York,+10014&t=m&z=16)
(at Seventh Avenue South)
New York NY 10014
11am-12am Mon-Fri
12pm-12am Sat-Sun
Online Merchandise Shop
Click here (http://bgic.bigcartel.com/)

http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/84290358/grey_t.JPG

Jeff
07-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Man all I wanted to do was talk about my plain old vanilla ice cream( that was very good I might add ) and thought it would be cool for others to say what they like :laugh:

Man Bacon and Ice cream just don't go together , my kid would love ( as it looks like most do ) but I just want to try some of that Gelato , man once I get that think of the thread I can start

Kathianne
07-13-2013, 05:27 AM
Man all I wanted to do was talk about my plain old vanilla ice cream( that was very good I might add ) and thought it would be cool for others to say what they like :laugh: Man Bacon and Ice cream just don't go together , my kid would love ( as it looks like most do ) but I just want to try some of that Gelato , man once I get that think of the thread I can start I tried a couple spoonfuls around 3:30 this morning, yes I am not on a good schedule. While not one to want florals in my iced products, the fruit was marvelous. The consistency is like a creamy sorbet, dense in texture, fresher than ice cream.

Voted4Reagan
07-13-2013, 06:30 AM
http://www.saltyseadog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Jim-Dandy__1279208358_6780.jpg

Jeff
07-13-2013, 06:55 AM
http://www.saltyseadog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Jim-Dandy__1279208358_6780.jpg

Dam its 8 am and you just made me hungry for ice cream :laugh:

jimnyc
07-13-2013, 08:33 AM
This is about doctors who have done what FAA requires to give pilots medicals is all it is.

Robert removed from thread for instigating, and of course not realizing this ISN'T about him, but damn ice cream.

jimnyc
07-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Post #25 is how you destroy topics.

Pots #25 was the absolute truth, pointing out how YOU tried to destroy a topic.

Marcus Aurelius
07-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Man all I wanted to do was talk about my plain old vanilla ice cream( that was very good I might add ) and thought it would be cool for others to say what they like :laugh:

Man Bacon and Ice cream just don't go together , my kid would love ( as it looks like most do ) but I just want to try some of that Gelato , man once I get that think of the thread I can start

There is NOTHING that bacon doesn't make better. :cool:

Voted4Reagan
07-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Dam its 8 am and you just made me hungry for ice cream :laugh:

Take the family for Jim Dandy's my friend...

Only your waistline will hate you for it...

or come to NYC and have a SALTY PIMP.

https://tastesavant.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/big-gay-ice-cream-truck-salty-pimp2.jpg

Voted4Reagan
07-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Robert removed from thread for instigating, and of course not realizing this ISN'T about him, but damn ice cream.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:

glockmail
07-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Haven't had ice cream (except by happenstance) for over two years since the wife and I have been on out diet. Too much fat in ice cream, and frozen yogurt is nearly as good.

WiccanLiberal
07-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I gotta disagree. Frozen yogurt has always seemed like a poor substitute to me. I'll take the ice cream any day. I just limit it to less of it and less often. Right now my favorite flavor is something called cappucino chunk from Hershey's. But that's just because it happens to be the flavor in the freezer at the moment. Oddly, while I rarely drink coffee, I seem to prefer coffee based ice cream flavors.

Voted4Reagan
07-13-2013, 11:43 AM
I gotta disagree. Frozen yogurt has always seemed like a poor substitute to me. I'll take the ice cream any day. I just limit it to less of it and less often. Right now my favorite flavor is something called cappucino chunk from Hershey's. But that's just because it happens to be the flavor in the freezer at the moment. Oddly, while I rarely drink coffee, I seem to prefer coffee based ice cream flavors.

It is the Goddess Caffina luring you in with her creamy charms......

aboutime
07-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Gotta admit. Haagen-Dazs anything is good but. My problem for Ice Cream intake became dangerous after our first
grandson was born, and we celebrated his 1st birthday with a CARVEL Ice cream cake.

If you've never had it. You really have no idea what you are missing.
That is ALL ICE CREAM above. Even the Blue on top.

Jeff
07-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Gotta admit. Haagen-Dazs anything is good but. My problem for Ice Cream intake became dangerous after our first
grandson was born, and we celebrated his 1st birthday with a CARVEL Ice cream cake.

If you've never had it. You really have no idea what you are missing.
That is ALL ICE CREAM above. Even the Blue on top.

Man I love those cakes and we dont have no Carvels around here

Jeff
07-13-2013, 05:08 PM
There is NOTHING that bacon doesn't make better. :cool:

Brother my kid would love you, he wants bacon on everything and when we fix bacon and eggs we have to watch because he will eat all the bacon before breakfast is done , God forbid I show him this thread he would be begging for a bacon Sunday :laugh:

glockmail
07-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Man I love those cakes and we dont have no Carvels around here They sell 'em at Harris Teeter, recently bought by Krogers.

Kathianne
07-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Dam its 8 am and you just made me hungry for ice cream :laugh: Funny, that pic enhanced my libido! What's with you? :laugh2:

Jeff
07-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Funny, that pic enhanced my libido! What's with you? :laugh2:

Getting old Kat :laugh: I am 50 and feel like a 150

Jeff
07-13-2013, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=glockmail;652070]They sell 'em at Harris Teeter, recently bought by Krogers.[/QUOTE

\I appreciate the info Glock I was about to say we dont have Harris teeter either but we do have Krogers ;)

Kathianne
07-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Getting old Kat :laugh: I am 50 and feel like a 150 Jeff, I'm a couples years short of a decade older than you. I guess it's a case of female superiority! LOL! We's sexier in our golden years!

Jeff
07-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Jeff, I'm a couples years short of a decade older than you. I guess it's a case of female superiority! LOL! We's sexier in our golden years!

* Hangs head in shame * :laugh:

Kathianne
07-13-2013, 09:41 PM
* Hangs head in shame * :laugh: LOL! Well you should! ;) I really tried to rep! Blame Jim, has always worked for me.

Jeff
07-13-2013, 10:32 PM
LOL! Well you should! ;) I really tried to rep! Blame Jim, has always worked for me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gabosaurus
07-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Blame Jim, has always worked for me.

The only logical solution is many cases. :p

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/11/25/129036671490406066.jpg

Jeff
08-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Try this:

hjmick I just did and it is fantastic , well I had the Haagen-Dazs version but the same Gelato Sea Salt Carmel and you are 100% correct FANTASTIC !!

hjmick
08-13-2013, 04:37 PM
It's an unbeatable taste combination.

Jeff
08-14-2013, 06:46 AM
It's an unbeatable taste combination.

That it is my friend