PDA

View Full Version : Post Office violated man's rights by banning gun from parking lot, judge rules

Marcus Aurelius
07-11-2013, 08:35 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/11/post-office-violated-man-rights-by-banning-gun-from-parking-lot-judge-rules/?test=latestnews

A federal judge has reportedly ruled that a U.S. Postal Service regulation banning firearms in its parking lots violates the Second Amendment.

The Denver Post reports that Senior U.S. District Judge Richard Matsch said the Postal Service does, however, have a right to bar Tab Bonidy — a Colorado man who filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Denver along with the National Association for Gun Rights — from carrying his gun into the Post Office building itself.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Jeff
07-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Marcus when I received my carry permit it clearly stated ya couldn't have it on post office property or any federal buildings , and if a private store has a legal sign saying no firearms even though I can carry I have to abide by there rules ( I have never heard of such trash of locking it in your vehicle being a problem but then again I have never asked either , and the law does say on there property ) Having lived in NJ for so long dealing with the ridicules gun laws there I have no problem following the rules set fourth with my carry permit and yes carry on federal property was a no no

Marcus Aurelius
07-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Marcus when I received my carry permit it clearly stated ya couldn't have it on post office property or any federal buildings , and if a private store has a legal sign saying no firearms even though I can carry I have to abide by there rules ( I have never heard of such trash of locking it in your vehicle being a problem but then again I have never asked either , and the law does say on there property ) Having lived in NJ for so long dealing with the ridicules gun laws there I have no problem following the rules set fourth with my carry permit and yes carry on federal property was a no no

I agree with everything you said. I'm simply stating that the courts ruling he should be allowed to lock his weapon up in his car, go into the post office, and come out, seems fair to me.

Jeff
07-11-2013, 09:01 AM
I agree with everything you said. I'm simply stating that the courts ruling he should be allowed to lock his weapon up in his car, go into the post office, and come out, seems fair to me.

I couldnt agree more and this exact thing happened to me when I was in Florida , I mean are you suppose to quick run home and drop your gun off, sometimes I dont remember I even have to go to the post office until I happen to ride by it , but between you and I , I just locked it up in the vehicle , illegal yes asinine yes

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2013, 09:12 AM
I couldnt agree more and this exact thing happened to me when I was in Florida , I mean are you suppose to quick run home and drop your gun off, sometimes I dont remember I even have to go to the post office until I happen to ride by it , but between you and I , I just locked it up in the vehicle , illegal yes asinine yes If I were a conceal carry permit holder I'd simply lock my gun in the car , go in and do my business. Not saying I do or do not do that. Not saying I conceal carry either. Not sayin">>>>>>> :laugh:--Tyr Note: Told my nephew to quit telling people that he conceal carries. Its --CONCEAL---- carry for a reason ! Everybody knows and the crazy guy may just walk up to him first and shoot him in the back of the head. He finally got the point, now he tells people--NO- when they ask.

Jeff
07-11-2013, 09:17 AM
If I were a conceal carry permit holder I'd simply lock my gun in the car , go in and do my business. Not saying I do or do not do that. Not saying I conceal carry either. Not sayin">>>>>>> :laugh:--Tyr Note: Told my nephew to quit telling people that he conceal carries. Its --CONCEAL---- carry for a reason ! Everybody knows and the crazy guy may just walk up to him first and shoot him in the back of the head. He finally got the point, now he tells people--NO- when they ask.

In GA concealed carry permit allows you to open carry or conceal , no news here just thought I would add that :laugh:

red state
07-11-2013, 09:24 AM
I couldnt agree more and this exact thing happened to me when I was in Florida , I mean are you suppose to quick run home and drop your gun off, sometimes I dont remember I even have to go to the post office until I happen to ride by it , but between you and I , I just locked it up in the vehicle , illegal yes asinine yes

I have two words for ANYONE and EVERYONE......FORT HOOD

What better argument for anyone with any sense as to how a "GUN FREE" environment is unConstitutional and so very dangerous.

I do the same thing (whether in FL or ANYWHERE that is AMERICA). It is my RIGHT (God given right) and I will not fly, fellowship or do business with anyone who would infringe on OUR rights.

We even cling to gun and Bible at my church. In fact, we just had a fantastic Appreciation Day for our Law Enforcement (known as peace officers before the "we" changed it to law ENFORCEMENT). Our church will not fall victim to the same thing that happened at the Sikh Temple a year or so ago and I'd be as appreciative as the next guy if ever in a McDonald's where a mad, liberal nut comes in to shoot up everyone. Perhaps that is why the libs and muSLUMs want WE THE PEOPLE to be unarmed....so they can go in and massacre folks as has been the case more times than a Conservative "loosin' it" and opening up on nameless victims.

It is our right and if there comes a law requiring me to bow before the image of B.O., I'll honor that law with equal reverence. I will respect one's home and a privately owned business but that is as far as my respect goes (under the Constitution).

*Did I mention that I sold ALL of my guns a few years ago? Big Bro/Sis may be reading................HA!!!!!

red state
07-11-2013, 09:31 AM
If I were a conceal carry permit holder I'd simply lock my gun in the car , go in and do my business. Not saying I do or do not do that. Not saying I conceal carry either. Not sayin">>>>>>> :laugh:--Tyr Note: Told my nephew to quit telling people that he conceal carries. Its --CONCEAL---- carry for a reason ! Everybody knows and the crazy guy may just walk up to him first and shoot him in the back of the head. He finally got the point, now he tells people--NO- when they ask.

I remember you saying that Tyr and it is STILL sound wisdom.....good thing we don't know who each other are on the boards (but I'm sure Big Sis/Bro knows each and everyone of us). With that said, we'll probably be EXACTLY like the scenario you mentioned above where WE THE REAL AMERICAN PEOPLE will be the first ones THEY come to get. As the old Vietnam saying went: "Get Some!" Some of me....some of you but it'll be on.

I've seen scenarios on some of the episodes of First Defense and they say to tell the cop IMMEDIATELY that you have a firearm on your poccession or "under the seat" but I say (and that has been confirmed by our local law enforcement) that it is (as Tyr has stated) NONE of ANYONE's business whether an American is armed or not. Next thing you know....we'll be wearing a thingy on the sleeve of our arm to identify us just at the Jews had to do.

red state
07-11-2013, 09:44 AM
We live in stupid times with stupid people. In fact, I THINK I was recently placed on temporary ban for writing about defending myself (IF) I were forced to do so. That is how stupid folks are and I write EXACTLY the same whether posting here or anywhere else. My ban was either because of a gun post or a homosexual post. I really didn't care to find out which banned me but I am glad to know that it pushed the right buttons in the RIGHT way. Just thought I'd tell that one because I KNOW there are some VERY ignorant people reading and taking our posts to heart. Instead of making their point, they tuck tail and TELL on you to a moderator who would love to ban someone for simple voicing a RESPECTFUL opinion among a "tolerant" bunch of libs. At least this site has a higher level of intelligence or tolerance....unless you post in RED and kick certain folk's @$$ in a debate. SO, IN THAT REGARD, WE HAVE THOSE WHO TUCK TAIL AND TELL ON THIS SITE AS WELL. I'm over it now though, TYR. HA!!!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2013, 09:51 AM
I remember you saying that Tyr and it is STILL sound wisdom.....good thing we don't know who each other are on the boards (but I'm sure Big Sis/Bro knows each and everyone of us). With that said, we'll probably be EXACTLY like the scenario you mentioned above where WE THE REAL AMERICAN PEOPLE will be the first ones THEY come to get. As the old Vietnam saying went: "Get Some!" Some of me....some of you but it'll be on.

I've seen scenarios on some of the episodes of First Defense and they say to tell the cop IMMEDIATELY that you have a firearm on your poccession or "under the seat" but I say (and that has been confirmed by our local law enforcement) that it is (as Tyr has stated) NONE of ANYONE's business whether an American is armed or not. Next thing you know....we'll be wearing a thingy on the sleeve of our arm to identify us just at the Jews had to do.
Best rule is only the criminal finds out you are conceal carry after you stop him by using your weapon. I have no problem with open carry law and think it should always be open or conceal carry with the choice left to the individual which method to employ. . In principle agree its none of the cops business if giving me a speeding ticket. Otherwise if a more serious transgression should tell the officer to avoid some trigger happy cop gunning you down upon seeing your weapon. Don't worry no thingy on the arm will be required if Obama gets his way because no citizen will be allowed to own guns. That ffing traitor needs to be arrested and charged for his treason! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-11-2013, 10:01 AM
We live in stupid times with stupid people. In fact, I THINK I was recently placed on temporary ban for writing about defending myself (IF) I were forced to do so. That is how stupid folks are and I write EXACTLY the same whether posting here or anywhere else. My ban was either because of a gun post or a homosexual post. I really didn't care to find out which banned me but I am glad to know that it pushed the right buttons in the RIGHT way. Just thought I'd tell that one because I KNOW there are some VERY ignorant people reading and taking our posts to heart. Instead of making their point, they tuck tail and TELL on you to a moderator who would love to ban someone for simple voicing a RESPECTFUL opinion among a "tolerant" bunch of libs. At least this site has a higher level of intelligence or tolerance....unless you post in RED and kick certain folk's @$$ in a debate. SO, IN THAT REGARD, WE HAVE THOSE WHO TUCK TAIL AND TELL ON THIS SITE AS WELL. I'm over it now though, TYR. HA!!!!! I bet I can name the member on that site that complained and demanded your banning. :laugh: Three names come to mind but one leads by a mile long head start. Told ya they were azzhats over there. Next time give me a little more credit amigo. This 'ole boy dun seen fo' worlds fairs, da rodeo and been around da block a few dozen times! :laugh: And quite pleased to see you posting here too! Also I bet that your comments on homosexuals in reply is more likely to be the one they nailed you on. Freaking asswipes over there sho' be some gay loving Nazi's.... -Tyr

red state
07-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Well, I don't know which "offense" I committed but that makes my third time to be banned since the New Year!!!! HA!!! Not saying you're spot on when judging the other sites or comparing cuz they all have their weak points. This one happens to have the BEST bells and whistles and although we are all guilty of getting a bit overly zealous at times with our opinions and use of language, I'm glad that there isn't any "spell or grammar checkers" here....O, wait....we do have such folks here (as one very, Very, VERY old gent here an tell you). HA!!!! VERY OLD. HA!!!

As for the cop who happens to be trigger happy, I have such a one or story that I would like to share with all. I had just worked on a problem I was having with my 4x4's transmission and had "stuff" all over me. Well, my son was 3 or 4 at the time so I invited him to go with me in checking it out (since my wife was already headed into town in her vehicle to get groceries). We're only 10 min from town and my wife wasn't getting too much so we waited and left the 4x4 running. On our way home, I passed my wife at the town limit where the speed limit is much higher and we both waved at "mommy". Well, after leaving her, I really opened up all cylanders a mile or so down the road and had her up to 75. I know....I know, I shouldn't have done that but I was a young, "hithern" bowhunter who never darkened the church doors and still full of oats at the time. HA!!! Anyway, I was within 100 ft of my turn off when I noticed lights about a half mile or more behind me (just topping the hill and entering the bottom I was on) so I turned short and to the shoulder instead of continue to my turn (which was on the LEFT). After I pulled over to allow the cop to pass, I wondered why he was slowing down when there was surely a bad accident or something down the road and into the next town.

To my amazement and ANGER, it was a guy whom I had played against in football. As usual, he was dressed in his "BLACK" just asI had known him to do EARLY in the mornings at a little convenient store that I stopped by often to pick up some breakfast on my way to a hunt. I thought then that he was out of place in our little town and would (POSSIBLE) get the action he was obviously in search of. I never liked the guy and knew that if I hadn't slowed the last mile or so and had been preparing for my turn he would have never known where I had gone and I would have NEVER (honestly) known that a cop was after me. HA! Well, I looked very rough (long black, curly hair with a cut off muscle shirt that had GREASE and "stuff" all over me from working on the 4x4. I was angry and had already rolled the window down and (probably frowning....especially after seeing who it was). With that "LOOK", the cop (who had not recognized me at this point) buckled down and began fumbling for his side arm. I simply turned back around and waited till he asked for my license. Once he saw who I was, I told him that if someone "wanted him" they would have "had him" after all that fumbling around. He was a prideful blowhard but most of that crowd are truly "squirrely" down deep so he looked both agitated and relieved because he knew what I said was true. He was at the Law Appreciation Sunday a few weeks ago and kept looking at me funny the entire time. Perhaps he was amazed at what God can do in all of our lives.....perhaps he was thanking God that it was me that day and not someone else of equal ability and roughness YET some sorry SOB who was actually doing something extremely wrong (not just speeding and such) HA!

Incidentally, I let him know that day that I had no idea that there was anyone after me and was simply trying out the 4x4 so I asked him what the problem was. He said that I had crossed the turning lane on the outskirts of town when I passed my the other car. I told him what we were doing and that I had waited till we were out of town and until I was clear of the turning lane before passing her but I didn't press it. He was obviously shaken up and I've had to listen to that ordeal over the years because that officer is actually a customer of my dad's and they often speak of that incident. I believe he was looking for action that day and thought he had found it. He was NOT ready at the time and I hope he has mellowed as much as I have over the years. I still don't care for him all that much.....especially after he FINALLY got his weapon free. You simply never forget having a weapon pulled on you (and I've been shot before so I know exactly what feeling to expect when the lead flies....not pleasant).
'

red state
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah....I imagine you can. They are the ones that usually tuck TAIL and tell on you when they have not facts to back their claim. Of course that is usually the case. To your surprise, it may actually be a "con" because one of the suspected posts that caused my ban may have been on the Conservative Board. A Conservative is a Conservative but a con is nothing more than a cowardly con man. The first ban of the year was for spelling Democrat as (dimocrat) more than three times in one thread or in one day....I forget and never checked. Just had a fellow Conservative tell me that they'd probably pull that. In my absense, he was quite faithful in calling the tattle TALE out on just about every thread that the lil' coward showed his face. But that is neither here nor there and I actually find it funny.....not hurting me one bit. It is quite stagnant over there anyway so they'll soon get bored with one another. HA!!! I just miss posting in RED because they don't mind that at all.

OK, Tyr....got much done this morning but I have much more to do before meeting my wife and daughter in your part of town. It is BOTH their birthdays today. YIKES!!!