PDA

View Full Version : Revolution???

SassyLady
07-12-2013, 04:16 AM
Is this true?

<header class="entry-header" style="clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: georgia, 'times new roman', arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 15.59375px;">Must Read: Seventy-Two Killed Resisting Gun-Confiscation in BostonPosted on <time class="entry-date" datetime="2013-07-06T17:10:47+00:00" pubdate="">July 6, 2013</time> (http://fishgame.com/news/?p=20334) by Robert Gillock - Web News Editor (http://fishgame.com/news/?author=2)
</header>Share on facebook (http://fishgame.com/news/?p=20334#)Share on twitter (http://fishgame.com/news/?p=20334#)Share on email (http://fishgame.com/news/?p=20334#)Share on pinterest_share (http://fishgame.com/news/?p=20334#)More Sharing (http://fishgame.com/news/?p=20334#)

Boston - National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.
Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.
The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.
One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”
Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.
During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.
Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.
Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.
Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.
Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.
And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

Of course it's true. Seems like history might be repeating itself.

Voted4Reagan
07-12-2013, 05:54 AM
:salute::clap::clap::clap::salute:

CSM
07-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Is this true?

Nice twist on a historical event.

Jeff
07-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Nice twist on a historical event.

Well I still have the cob webs in my head ( I just woke up ) but as I read the article I wondered why I hadn't heard about it and then read this post and it all makes sense , and your exactly right a perfect twist , and yes I believe 100% it is coming sooner than later but wasn't ready for it this morning , the actual fighting that is because the ground work has been in play for 5 years

CSM
07-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Well I still have the cob webs in my head ( I just woke up ) but as I read the article I wondered why I hadn't heard about it and then read this post and it all makes sense , and your exactly right a perfect twist , and yes I believe 100% it is coming sooner than later but wasn't ready for it this morning , the actual fighting that is because the ground work has been in play for 5 years

Well, there are a few inconcistencies. The "National Guard" did not exist back then and it was British regulars who went after the weapons and ammo of the militias. It should be pointed out also that there were 273 casualties among the British ranks and 93 among the militia. Gage was appointed military governor of Mass by the Crown. It was the "Infamous Acts" laws that outlawed "war making materials (no mention of "assault weapons"; that is a more modern term). The American Revolution was about more than just taxes. At Gage's urging, criminals were to be returned to England for trial, he also urged that the colonials be restricted from expanding into the interior as he thought they could be better controlled if they were aggregated along the coast. Gage was also very much anti-democracy and saw town meetings and such as a threat against the Crown (thus he tried to ban them too).

revelarts
07-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Sarcasm Alert:

Well didn't those militia guys brake the law?
They should have gone through the proper channels. You know, Petition to get their guns back after they gave them up. But now they are just criminals and traitors and terrorist... who should be tracked downed and hung without trials.
Firing on Law enforcement!? WHAT IF EVERYONE took the law in their own hands?!!
And did you notice that one of the 1st guys shot in Boston was a mixed raced Negro/Indian guy . hmmmm hmmm? i'm no racist but... That should tell you something... what?... that it was just a riot and disorderly of course. Not about the law or imagined rights or freedoms. The officials didn't feel safe. And the soldiers were just trying to keep the peace. If everyone would just obey the law and don't give the officials any trouble the people will be fine.

end Sarcasm

red state
07-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Next time make your sarcasm "thingys" larger please....I almost thought that gabsalot or one of the other morons of the left had hacked your account. HA!!! A brighter red would have helped as well.....just too hard to catch that you were being sarcastic and I'd make darn sure that folks didn't think you were a nut like some of the others who unfortunately open their big, stupid mouth when it comes to most topics (especially gun control threads).

aboutime
07-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Is this true?

Sassy. All true. Unfortunately. Too many Americans have no idea what OUR HISTORY, as shown, actually is, or was.

We no longer need to worry about History repeating itself, when those who are so uneducated, have no Idea what History was if they never were taught it.

gabosaurus
07-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Next time make your sarcasm "thingys" larger please....I almost thought that gabsalot or one of the other morons of the left had hacked your account. HA!!! A brighter red would have helped as well.....just too hard to catch that you were being sarcastic and I'd make darn sure that folks didn't think you were a nut like some of the others who unfortunately open their big, stupid mouth when it comes to most topics (especially gun control threads).

We have to indicate when we are being sarcastic because it usually sails right over your tin foil head. But yeah, keep mouthing off. You need to keep in practice for all the further gun regulations coming up.