PDA

View Full Version : What is the most important instrument in an airplane

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Pilots have the use of a variety of flight instruments.

What do you believe is the most important instrument?

aboutime
07-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I can't believe you are still whining about this very Old, Old topic.

So. I'll brighten up your day, and get all of us a huge chuckle.

HOW ABOUT THIS? 5244

jafar00
07-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Air speed is pretty important. I'd go with that.

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Air speed is pretty important. I'd go with that.

You are absolutely correct.

I can't explain why, but the pilot (senior pilot was the flight instructor --aka pilot in command) allowed the Asiana aircraft that crashed to fall well below the proper airspeed. Apparently all instruments and systems functioned properly.

I won't respond to post two since it is very childish.

aboutime
07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
You are absolutely correct.

I can't explain why, but the pilot (senior pilot was the flight instructor --aka pilot in command) allowed the Asiana aircraft that crashed to fall well below the proper airspeed. Apparently all instruments and systems functioned properly.

I won't respond to post two since it is very childish.

Oh, get a life Robert. Now you can't even handle a joke intended to take the heat off of YOU?

Must be a pretty Miserable kind of life you THINK you are living. Now...unable to understand a simple joke, and calling it childish?

Really? As for telling us You won't respond.

YOU DID RESPOND. And fooled yourself by saying "I won't respond to...bla, bla..."
Marcus has nailed it about you.
Nothing more needs to be said.

Marcus Aurelius
07-12-2013, 02:53 PM
According to the OP, the question was about the most important 'instrument'.

Airspeed is not an instrument. So whe the OP said Jahil was right, he was... surprise surprise... wrong.

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 02:55 PM
I said I would not respond to the childish post number 2. And I did not respond to it. I don't plan to respond to the even more childish post number 5 either.

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't plan to read post 6.

aboutime
07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
According to the OP, the question was about the most important 'instrument'.

Airspeed is not an instrument. So whe the OP said Jahil was right, he was... surprise surprise... wrong.

Marcus. I honestly believe Robert started this "LOOK ALIKE" thread as a means of somehow, convincing himself. Only HE knows anything about flight, flying, or operating an aircraft because ROBERT KNOWS EVERYTHING...and Nobody Should Ever Challenge Him.

Before Drones, and UAV's. The most important Instrument on an airplane was....THE PILOT.

Marcus Aurelius
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I said I would not respond to the childish post number 2. And I did not respond to it. I don't plan to respond to the even more childish post number 5 either.

You do realize that a post claiming you will not respond to a post, is a response... right?

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Jafar is correct because he identified airspeed and despite a false claim, there is an airspeed indicator. I understood what Jafar was talking about.

aboutime
07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Robert. PICK A NUMBER, between 1, and 100. Tell us which post number you refuse to look at. Then explain HOW YOU KNOW THEY EXIST...if you refused to look at them???

Gonna be a Really FUN weekend at BERNIES!

Marcus Aurelius
Jafar is correct because he identified airspeed and despite a false claim, there is an airspeed indicator. I understood what Jafar was talking about.

Had he said airspeed indicator, he would have been correct. He didn't.

BTW, that was a response to post #6... which you claimed you would not read.

Little-Acorn
Was going to offer a post, but this thread is deteriorating into the usual Robert-Marcus-aboutime adolescent purse fight.

The hell with it.

aboutime
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Was going to offer a post, but this thread is deteriorating into the usual Robert-Marcus-aboutime adolescent purse fight.

The hell with it.

LA. You really should just join in. We all know. Every thread, or post that involves Robert eventually deteriorates over to the CAGE.

Have a few laughs. Lighten up. Join the fun. There's nothing else here that can make any difference to anyone, or anything.

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 03:36 PM

The hell with it.

Robert is not part of the purse fight.

Voted4Reagan
07-12-2013, 05:25 PM
FM Radio?

Marcus Aurelius
07-12-2013, 05:26 PM
FM Radio?

Only if they want to talk to Amelia Earhart.;)

jafar00
07-12-2013, 06:23 PM

Yes indeed there is an airspeed indicator which is what I was referring to.

http://www.110knots.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Airspeed-indicator.jpg

All other instruments are useless unless you have enough air flowing over the wings in order to fly through the air in exactly the same way that bricks don't.

aboutime
07-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Here is another INDICATOR important in an airplane as well....5247

Invented...obviously by....Robert. Now, he will turn this around and send it to me.

But I don't care. I'm having too much fun for a Friday.

jafar00
07-12-2013, 06:35 PM
duplicate

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 06:40 PM

All other instruments are useless unless you have enough air flowing over the wings in order to fly through the air in exactly the same way that bricks don't.

Exactly so. Today in an article, I read A former airline captain state this very thing.

Too bad two posters caused Little Acorn to abandon ship.

Marcus Aurelius
07-12-2013, 07:10 PM

UNDER the wings... not over.

The air flowing over the wings takes the same amount of time to travel the distance across that the air under the wings does. The lift is created when the shape is altered, lowering the air pressure on the upper surface and allowing the more steady air pressure under the wing to lift it.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-plane-truth-scientist-reveals-how-wings-really-work-6294130.html

Voted4Reagan
07-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Most important is a functioning BRAIN.

Our resident FM RADIO , Flap-Jockey should be grounded .....:lol::lol::lol: