PDA

View Full Version : General Patton in real life

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 02:53 PM
http://youtu.be/uYjnWXFTQkM

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-12-2013, 05:53 PM
http://youtu.be/uYjnWXFTQkM A truly great man. I believe his death was no accident. I believe it was arranged for political reasons.. -Tyr
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/3869117/General-George-S.-Patton-was-assassinated-to-silence-his-criticism-of-allied-war-leaders-claims-new-book.html
General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new bookGeorge S. Patton, America's greatest combat general of the Second World War, was assassinated after the conflict with the connivance of US leaders, according to a new book. By Tim Shipman in Washington
7:16PM GMT 20 Dec 2008

The newly unearthed diaries of a colourful assassin for the wartime Office of Strategic Services (OSS), the forerunner of the CIA, reveal that American spy chiefs wanted Patton dead because he was threatening to expose allied collusion with the Russians that cost American lives.

The death of General Patton in December 1945, is one of the enduring mysteries of the war era. Although he had suffered serious injuries in a car crash in Manheim, he was thought to be recovering and was on the verge of flying home.

But after a decade-long investigation, military historian Robert Wilcox claims that OSS head General "Wild Bill" Donovan ordered a highly decorated marksman called Douglas Bazata to silence Patton, who gloried in the nickname "Old Blood and Guts".

His book, "Target Patton", contains interviews with Mr Bazata, who died in 1999, and extracts from his diaries, detailing how he staged the car crash by getting a troop truck to plough into Patton's Cadillac and then shot the general with a low-velocity projectile, which broke his neck while his fellow passengers escaped without a scratch.

Mr Bazata also suggested that when Patton began to recover from his injuries, US officials turned a blind eye as agents of the NKVD, the forerunner of the KGB, poisoned the general.

Mr Wilcox told The Sunday Telegraph that when he spoke to Mr Bazata: "He was struggling with himself, all these killings he had done. He confessed to me that he had caused the accident, that he was ordered to do so by Wild Bill Donovan.

Robert A Whit
07-12-2013, 06:46 PM
A truly great man. I believe his death was no accident. I believe it was arranged for political reasons.. -Tyr
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/3869117/General-George-S.-Patton-was-assassinated-to-silence-his-criticism-of-allied-war-leaders-claims-new-book.html
General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new book

George S. Patton, America's greatest combat general of the Second World War, was assassinated after the conflict with the connivance of US leaders, according to a new book. By Tim Shipman in Washington
7:16PM GMT 20 Dec 2008

The newly unearthed diaries of a colourful assassin for the wartime Office of Strategic Services (OSS), the forerunner of the CIA, reveal that American spy chiefs wanted Patton dead because he was threatening to expose allied collusion with the Russians that cost American lives.

The death of General Patton in December 1945, is one of the enduring mysteries of the war era. Although he had suffered serious injuries in a car crash in Manheim, he was thought to be recovering and was on the verge of flying home.

But after a decade-long investigation, military historian Robert Wilcox claims that OSS head General "Wild Bill" Donovan ordered a highly decorated marksman called Douglas Bazata to silence Patton, who gloried in the nickname "Old Blood and Guts".

His book, "Target Patton", contains interviews with Mr Bazata, who died in 1999, and extracts from his diaries, detailing how he staged the car crash by getting a troop truck to plough into Patton's Cadillac and then shot the general with a low-velocity projectile, which broke his neck while his fellow passengers escaped without a scratch.

Mr Bazata also suggested that when Patton began to recover from his injuries, US officials turned a blind eye as agents of the NKVD, the forerunner of the KGB, poisoned the general.

Mr Wilcox told The Sunday Telegraph that when he spoke to Mr Bazata: "He was struggling with himself, all these killings he had done. He confessed to me that he had caused the accident, that he was ordered to do so by Wild Bill Donovan.

I have studied the account of his death. I drove down the same road that Patton did. At that time, I did not know the Patton story. I went to the Army Base in Manheim to drop off blood for some sort of tests or maybe it was a supply of blood. I did not open the package since my orders were to take it to Manheim. I had always wondered how Patton's driver could collide with a truck seeing as he was precious cargo and all.

I have so many books yet to read and might as well add that to my list.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2013, 11:58 AM
I have studied the account of his death. I drove down the same road that Patton did. At that time, I did not know the Patton story. I went to the Army Base in Manheim to drop off blood for some sort of tests or maybe it was a supply of blood. I did not open the package since my orders were to take it to Manheim. I had always wondered how Patton's driver could collide with a truck seeing as he was precious cargo and all.

I have so many books yet to read and might as well add that to my list. Good plan, get the book and read it with an open mind. Then consider those that desperately did not want a future President named Patton!!! Also consider the power of those that had JFK murdered. They were around plotting long before JFK became the President!!! -Tyr

Robert A Whit
07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Good plan, get the book and read it with an open mind. Then consider those that desperately did not want a future President named Patton!!! Also consider the power of those that had JFK murdered. They were around plotting long before JFK became the President!!! -Tyr

I hope I put in a request for my library to buy the book. I am not sure if I used the system correctly but gave it a shot. I have to go to the library anyway so will ask the reference desk to see what I did.