PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for Robert

gabosaurus
07-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Over the past couple of days, I have read many of your threads. It seems to me that you are quite knowledgeable about quite a number of things. Have you ever thought of starting a blog?
I mention this because having a blog would allow you to expound on subjects at more length than you could on DP. And you could reach a lot more readers. You would interact with a much larger audience than you can here.

This came to mind after my visit to Germany, where personal blogs are quite popular. My cousin is part of several blogs relating to Biomedical Engineering (try saying that three times quickly).

Now I am NOT suggesting that you leave DP. I just think you would enjoy widening the amount of people that you interact with.

Jeff
07-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Over the past couple of days, I have read many of your threads. It seems to me that you are quite knowledgeable about quite a number of things. Have you ever thought of starting a blog?
I mention this because having a blog would allow you to expound on subjects at more length than you could on DP. And you could reach a lot more readers. You would interact with a much larger audience than you can here.

This came to mind after my visit to Germany, where personal blogs are quite popular. My cousin is part of several blogs relating to Biomedical Engineering (try saying that three times quickly).

Now I am NOT suggesting that you leave DP. I just think you would enjoy widening the amount of people that you interact with.

Gaby how was your trip ?

gabosaurus
07-13-2013, 01:15 AM
Gaby how was your trip ?

Quite exhausting, thank you. I don't think I have ever been to a funeral where people drank toasts and told often ribald stories. Fortunately the service was in German and my sister chose not to translate these parts to my daughter. :laugh:
The service was a prelude to one of the largest feasts I have ever been to. There was an incredible amount of food and an even more astounding amount of beer and other alcoholic spirits. They served my daughter root beer in the same frosted glasses they served regular beer in, which helped to participate in the toasts.

My mom and sister returned on Friday, but I took my daughter to visit my best friend and her family in England. Sitting in a pub in Manchester watching a Brit win Wimbledon for the first time in 77 years was indescribable. I can only imagine what it will be like if England retain The Ashes.

Kathianne
07-13-2013, 05:31 AM
Over the past couple of days, I have read many of your threads. It seems to me that you are quite knowledgeable about quite a number of things. Have you ever thought of starting a blog? I mention this because having a blog would allow you to expound on subjects at more length than you could on DP. And you could reach a lot more readers. You would interact with a much larger audience than you can here. This came to mind after my visit to Germany, where personal blogs are quite popular. My cousin is part of several blogs relating to Biomedical Engineering (try saying that three times quickly). Now I am NOT suggesting that you leave DP. I just think you would enjoy widening the amount of people that you interact with. A very good suggestion. Those that like his topics, would get referred to his blog and could come back time and again. Those that don't wouldn't be forced to wade through.

Jeff
07-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Quite exhausting, thank you. I don't think I have ever been to a funeral where people drank toasts and told often ribald stories. Fortunately the service was in German and my sister chose not to translate these parts to my daughter. :laugh:
The service was a prelude to one of the largest feasts I have ever been to. There was an incredible amount of food and an even more astounding amount of beer and other alcoholic spirits. They served my daughter root beer in the same frosted glasses they served regular beer in, which helped to participate in the toasts.

My mom and sister returned on Friday, but I took my daughter to visit my best friend and her family in England. Sitting in a pub in Manchester watching a Brit win Wimbledon for the first time in 77 years was indescribable. I can only imagine what it will be like if England retain The Ashes.

I am happy yall where able to turn a sad time into a good one , a funeral is for the living and it should be a ceabration but many times it is gloom and despair and I dont knock that but I love to hear where people ceabrated the person going to Heaven

And this sounds like a wonderful excperiance for your daughter and that's great

gabosaurus
07-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I am happy yall where able to turn a sad time into a good one , a funeral is for the living and it should be a ceabration but many times it is gloom and despair and I dont knock that but I love to hear where people ceabrated the person going to Heaven

And this sounds like a wonderful excperiance for your daughter and that's great

Even in her 90's, my great aunt was a spirited person. She made it clear that she didn't a church packed with mourners. She told my mom "My life has been a celebration, so my death should be a celebration."
My daughter was fascinated by all the stories told by my mom's side of the family. And I was greatly impressed that someone her age would be so attentive for long periods over a couple of days where she couldn't understand much of the proceedings.

Lastly, I didn't realize that my mom could put away so many beers and not be affected by it. :beer:

Robert A Whit
07-13-2013, 11:16 AM

That kind of scares me. I have never started a site thus there has to be a lot more to it than it might seem at first glance.

That is a great idea and i plan to look into it. I enjoy learning a lot from posters here and prefer the food fights end.

Robert A Whit
07-13-2013, 11:20 AM
A very good suggestion. Those that like his topics, would get referred to his blog and could come back time and again. Those that don't wouldn't be forced to wade through.

Why don't you start your own Blog Kathianne?

For all the same reasons!!

jimnyc
07-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Lastly, I didn't realize that my mom could put away so many beers and not be affected by it.

That's called an alcoholic. Hope you're proud.

hjmick
07-13-2013, 12:56 PM
That kind of scares me. I have never started a site thus there has to be a lot more to it than it might seem at first glance.

That is a great idea and i plan to look into it. I enjoy learning a lot from posters here and prefer the food fights end.

It's easier than you might think. You can set a blog for free over at Google:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=blogger&passive=1209600&continue=http://www.blogger.com/home&followup=http://www.blogger.com/home&ltmpl=start#s01