PDA

View Full Version : into the gears.. search engine and e-mail

revelarts
07-12-2013, 11:06 PM
there's so many entry points big corps and the gov't can use scoop up our info, but why make it easy for them.

Google and Yahoo have as part of their terms of Service for mail that THEY WILL read it...
and save it for their own purposes. that's before they give it to the gov't to store as well.

the company startpage has a search engine that does Not record your ip address, or search, and stands as proxy between you and google so they have no idea who is searching for info. Also they encrypt the search term with SSL so as it travels the pipes of the interwebs no one can read it -without decryption.

they are starting an e-mail service where they will not read our e-mail, and is encrypted on their servers. so even if a gov't or business asked them to hand it over, without your password they will say with honesty, we cannot even do it, even if we wanted too.

small steps sure, but thats how we got here.

https://startpage.com/
https://www.startmail.com/
https://ixquick.com/

other alternatives
hushmail.com

There are no perfect solutions but again why make it easy for them. If we don't fight for every scrape of privacy they will assume they can have it

aboutime
07-13-2013, 02:15 PM
rev. The Govt. already has everything they need to know, or want to know about ALL OF US.

If we have a Social Security Number. Have ever paid a bill, or Taxes.

Have a license to drive, hunt, fish, build an addition to your home.

THEY HAVE ALL OF THE INFORMATION NOW.

Nothing new.

Think about it. What did you need to do BEFORE you managed to GET ONLINE with your
PC, or Laptop? Is there an ISP (Internet Service Provider) between You, and this forum?
Tell you what. Go to Google, or Bing right now.
Type your name, and address.
SURPRISE!

revelarts
07-13-2013, 03:09 PM
rev. The Govt. already has everything they need to know, or want to know about ALL OF US.

If we have a Social Security Number. Have ever paid a bill, or Taxes.

Have a license to drive, hunt, fish, build an addition to your home.

THEY HAVE ALL OF THE INFORMATION NOW.

Nothing new.

Think about it. What did you need to do BEFORE you managed to GET ONLINE with your
PC, or Laptop? Is there an ISP (Internet Service Provider) between You, and this forum?
Tell you what. Go to Google, or Bing right now.
Type your name, and address.
SURPRISE!

Are you trying to tell me something i don't know, or trying to get me to quit?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Are you trying to tell me something i don't know, or trying to get me to quit? I hope ABOUTTIME IS DOING NEITHER! He is however confirming much of your position on the out of control , over reaching, power mad Federal government. Rev I have and do agree with almost all of that myself too. I'm sure you have noticed my many thanks for your contributions and the TRUTH that you often present.-Tyr

revelarts
07-13-2013, 03:51 PM
I get you Tyr.
but i'm to aware of how much info the gov't has already.
I mentioned in the 1st post that StartPage and StartMail are small steps. Small but real at this point. There was no need to bring up other issues IMO.

If he read the post, it mentions that it's a very narrow take back.
Our Internet Searches. they don't have that if we use startpage.
And our E-mail, they won't have easy access to that if we use StartMail.
AND the other point is that the Business entities known as Google and Yahoo will not have the content of our e-mail and searches to sell, market and pass on to 3rd, 4th and 5th parties, as per their terms of service.

What does that have to do with the gov't having my name and address, or that being on the internet or taxes or my IP address?
We can't see the content of other peoples searches or the content of their e-mail online ...YET.

AT, if you want to change the thread into one talking about how much the gov't and Biz knows about us and how much info is online now , you know I can go into that darkness for days and pages. lol.
I'm just trying to light a candle here man.

aboutime
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Are you trying to tell me something i don't know, or trying to get me to quit?

Not trying to make you do anything. Just trying to help by giving you the KNOWN FACTS.

Why would I dare try to make you quit? Quit what?

If you don't want to accept what I have told you as true, and accurate. That's your choice to make. Not mine.

Why, or What would I have to gain by intentionally lying to you here? God knows. Many have already accused me

of lying, for various reasons only they can explain. I learned a long, long time ago. Anyone who lies, for any reason.
Eventually is proven to be a liar, one way, or another.
And it's always easy to identify the liars. They always need to make up more lies to cover for their previous lies...which
they generally forget.
You never have to REMEMBER the truth. It never changes.