PDA

View Full Version : Toast

WiccanLiberal
07-14-2013, 01:42 PM
This may seem a very small matter but it makes me smile. I have not had a toaster since November. My toaster oven got drowned. Other things have needed replacing first so I didn't get around to it until this week. I ordered one from Amazon. I just had toasted english muffins with cheese slices and tomato, a favorite lunch. Complete comfort food.

aboutime
07-14-2013, 01:53 PM
This may seem a very small matter but it makes me smile. I have not had a toaster since November. My toaster oven got drowned. Other things have needed replacing first so I didn't get around to it until this week. I ordered one from Amazon. I just had toasted english muffins with cheese slices and tomato, a favorite lunch. Complete comfort food.

You may not like this idea but. If you really, really can't get your hands on a cheap toaster. Next best remedy is a hot frying pan, just like you would make French Toast...only, without dipping the bread in eggs.
Flip it until it's brown. Add butter, or jelly as you like.

WiccanLiberal
07-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Actually have been desperate enough to do it. But the english muffins don't come out so well that way. And I love the darned things.

aboutime
07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Actually have been desperate enough to do it. But the english muffins don't come out so well that way. And I love the darned things.

You can get REALLY CHEAP toasters for under 20 bucks most places today.

Even Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/20564657?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227014953287&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=30078311110&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=34888176910&veh=sem

Jeff
07-14-2013, 05:19 PM

Buddy that sounds fantastic and I have my toaster oven , your exactly right comfort food . Next time with the Cheese and tomato slices sprinkle a little oregano on them , my Grandmother use to make this on toast for us when we where kids ;)