PDA

View Full Version : Child born with just a brain stem lives 2 years...

revelarts
07-14-2013, 06:51 PM
....and counting
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WMlVNFpzKNI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amazing.

what we DON'T know about Human life and brain is so Amazing.

And today with all of the technology about "growing" your own replacement parts" or more sci-fi like 3-D printing of parts.

how long will it be before a child born like this would just need to hang on while the dr, print him up a full brain based on his own dna and plug it in to the stem.

who knows..

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-3AMq8XGaA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Missileman
07-14-2013, 10:05 PM
....and counting
<iframe height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WMlVNFpzKNI?feature=player_detailpage" frameBorder="0" width="640" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Amazing.

what we DON'T know about Human life and brain is so Amazing.

And today with all of the technology about "growing" your own replacement parts" or more sci-fi like 3-D printing of parts.

how long will it be before a child born like this would just need to hang on while the dr, print him up a full brain based on his own dna and plug it in to the stem.

who knows..

<iframe height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-3AMq8XGaA?feature=player_detailpage" frameBorder="0" width="640" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Deaf and blind without even the solace of being able to dream. It's not a miracle, it's a travesty. The uselessness and pointlessness of keeping that body alive so that mommy and grandma have a doll to dress up and coo over is disgusting. This is a shining example of why we need to come to grips as a society with the concept of euthanasia.

jafar00
07-15-2013, 05:10 AM
الله أكبر

This shows how little we really understand about our bodies. His parents and relatives are wonderful in that they are trying to give their little boy as much of a normal life as possible in the short time he has here. May God bless them.

revelarts
07-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Deaf and blind without even the solace of being able to dream. It's not a miracle, it's a travesty. The uselessness and pointlessness of keeping that body alive so that mommy and grandma have a doll to dress up and coo over is disgusting. This is a shining example of why we need to come to grips as a society with the concept of euthanasia.

thankful loving Parents had the child and not "society".
I think the family has a grip on respecting human life better than most.
By your logic Helen Keller would have been Euthanized by society as well?

"Not able to to DO xyz". Yet somehow he knows when his Mother or Grand mother hold him. what's that about? Can you say with any certainy what he's thinking or feeling.
The Human body and soul are more than the sum of it's collection of parts and perceived abilities.

الله أكبر

This shows how little we really understand about our bodies. His parents and relatives are wonderful in that they are trying to give their little boy as much of a normal life as possible in the short time he has here. May God bless them.
Agreed 100%
God Bless Them.

Missileman
07-15-2013, 06:33 AM
الله أكبر

There isn't a damned thing normal about that lump of flesh's existence.

Missileman
07-15-2013, 06:57 AM
thankful loving Parents had the child and not "society".
I think the family has a grip on respecting human life better than most.
By your logic Helen Keller would have been Euthanized by society as well?

Hellen Keller had a brain, the ability to communicate, the ability to think and dream, the ability to interact with others. She was only missing 2 of her 5 senses. This "boy" very likely only has a rudimentary sense of touch...some life!

"Not able to to DO xyz". Yet somehow he knows when his Mother or Grand mother hold him. what's that about? Can you say with any certainy what he's thinking or feeling.
The Human body and soul are more than the sum of it's collection of parts and perceived abilities.

They claimed the same bullshit about Terry Schiavo, remember? I can say with certainty "he" isn't thinking anything. If someone built a car and forgot to put in a motor, I wouldn't "reason" that the car might be capable of running anyways.

Being a human being is more than being a collection of organs.

Keeping that body alive is, without a doubt, an abomination.

Jeff
07-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Having lost a child years ago I know how hard it is but if a baby is born and kept alive on machines that isn't living but this baby is alive with just the help of meds , I think this is a miracle and when God is ready to take this little man he will , My personal belief is everything is done for a reason and this is truly a miracle , whether the baby knows his Mom and Grandma I have my doubts but as long as this baby lives Mom and Grandma should thank God for each day that have with him and treat it as a present from God.

Voted4Reagan
07-15-2013, 07:44 AM
The child has NO SENSES... no hearing, touch, smell, sight, taste. There is no ability to recognize surroundings.

So what quality of life is there? There is none at all.

the only thing the child can do is draw a breath and have a heartbeat.

I'm sorry, but I wouldnt want to live that way.

The only thing keeping the child alive are the medications...

It would be merciful to allow the child to pass.... And donate the organs so others can live.

Then the Childs life would have a true meaning..He would have lived for something.. to help others.

That would be a noble life, short as it would be.

aboutime
07-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Having lost a child years ago I know how hard it is but if a baby is born and kept alive on machines that isn't living but this baby is alive with just the help of meds , I think this is a miracle and when God is ready to take this little man he will , My personal belief is everything is done for a reason and this is truly a miracle , whether the baby knows his Mom and Grandma I have my doubts but as long as this baby lives Mom and Grandma should thank God for each day that have with him and treat it as a present from God.

Jeff. Agree 100%. My wife and I lost our first FOUR children in the early 70's. Seeing that child...no matter how distressed, hurt, or unable to live on his own..he may be. That IS a Live child. Only God should decide how, when, and where that little blessing will pass.

No person alive has the power, or the right to ever decide WHEN a child is permitted to live.

And I don't care WHO disagree's with me. Nobody knows how valuable a little, tiny life is until...It is taken away.

Voted4Reagan
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Jeff. Agree 100%. My wife and I lost our first FOUR children in the early 70's. Seeing that child...no matter how distressed, hurt, or unable to live on his own..he may be. That IS a Live child. Only God should decide how, when, and where that little blessing will pass.

No person alive has the power, or the right to ever decide WHEN a child is permitted to live.

And I don't care WHO disagree's with me. Nobody knows how valuable a little, tiny life is until...It is taken away.

Old friend, I know your story and would never begrudge you your opinion. I know what you went through.

Now, Imagine this:

You are in a box: You cant see, hear,smell,feel or taste anything and you have to live the rest of your life that way. Could be one year or 100 years.

The child in question has no ability to reason, communicate, react
. It feels no pain, hears no music, cant smell the grass or a summer breeze. Night and day mean nothing and can not love mom or dad..

My old friend...the child lacks a soul... that one thing that makes us unique and able to interpret our surroundings.

This child died long before actual birth... A quirk of science and Seizure medication is all that keeps it alive.

I would never want to live like that...

Voted4Reagan
07-15-2013, 01:45 PM
I have to report one thing...Mercifully...Baby Nicholas passed away 2 days after Hurricane Sandy hit back on Oct.31st,2012."Miracle" child born without brain dies in Pueblo Posted: Oct 31, 2012 9:37 PM by David Ortiviz

http://www.koaa.com/news/miracle-child-born-without-brain-dies-in-pueblo/#!prettyPhoto/0/

revelarts
07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Old friend, I know your story and would never begrudge you your opinion. I know what you went through.
Now, Imagine this:
You are in a box: You cant see, hear,smell,feel or taste anything and you have to live the rest of your life that way. Could be one year or 100 years.
. It feels no pain, hears no music, cant smell the grass or a summer breeze. Night and day mean nothing and can not love mom or dad..
My old friend...the child lacks a soul... that one thing that makes us unique and able to interpret our surroundings.
This child died long before actual birth... A quirk of science and Seizure medication is all that keeps it alive.

V4R the child obvious feels something. becuase he appears to know the mother and Grandma.
And if the child "It feels no pain" as you say. An does not know what it's missed. but CAN enjoy , in some sense unknown to us, the love and care of it's family.
Who are you to deny him.

An uber richman could say the same about you. "I wouldn't want to live middle class or upper middle class, they don't have XYZ."
like the old joke:
A rich man meets a beautiful woman and ask "would you sleep with me for 1 million dollars"? the woman giggle and says "yes maybe". the man then ask would you sleep with me for $10? the woman replies offended. "what kind of woman do you think i am?" he says, "well we've already determined that , now we're just haggling over the price".
it's just a matter of degrees the way you've defined it. you can put the slider at any point and for various reasons.
the point is human life is it's not a commodity that's valued by capacity or ability. At least by God's reckoning. And frankly i don't trust people to make the determination.
Seems to me IF one is going to ere , ere on the side of Life.
rather than putting a peg in mid air base on it "seems OK to me" to kill a person.

Voted4Reagan
07-15-2013, 02:22 PM
V4R the child obvious feels something. becuase he appears to know the mother and Grandma.
And if the child "It feels no pain" as you say. An does not know what it's missed. but CAN enjoy , in some sense unknown to us, the love and care of it's family.
Who are you to deny him.

An uber richman could say the same about you. "I wouldn't want to live middle class or upper middle class, they don't have XYZ."
like the old joke:
A rich man meets a beautiful woman and ask "would you sleep with me for 1 million dollars"? the woman giggle and says "yes maybe". the man then ask would you sleep with me for $10? the woman replies offended. "what kind of woman do you think i am?" he says, "well we've already determined that , now we're just haggling over the price".
it's just a matter of degrees the way you've defined it. you can put the slider at any point and for various reasons.
the point is human life is it's not a commodity that's valued by capacity or ability. At least by God's reckoning. And frankly i don't trust people to make the determination.
Seems to me IF one is going to ere , ere on the side of Life.
rather than putting a peg in mid air base on it "seems OK to me" to kill a person.

Rev..without a brain all you can do is breath and have a heartbeat. There is nothing to process sensory input in the Brain stem. The brain stem controls the lungs and the heart.

The Child had no idea who or where he was. he had no idea he was alive. there was nothing besides darkness and silence. There was no feeling, smell or taste.

The Child was little more then a collection of neurological ticks... nothing more...

Everything but the Brain stem was missing Rev... Here is the Road Map.http://www.spinalalignment.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/brain.gif

aboutime
07-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Now, Imagine this:

Nor would I want to live like that. I understand what all of you are saying. Honestly, I do. My problem is. How do any of us know what it feels like to BE THAT CHILD?
Who among us decides, or insists that WE PULL THE PLUG on a LIVING CHILD?
It doesn't matter whether we feel the pain WE THINK they are feeling.
IT IS NOT OUR PLACE as HUMAN BEINGS to determine WHEN any other Human child's life should end...because WE THINK we know how that SICK, DEFORMED, INNOCENT BODY FEELS.
Simple as that.
NOBODY HERE IS QUALIFIED TO DECIDE THAT....PERIOD!

Missileman
07-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Only God should decide how, when, and where that little blessing will pass.

ANY and ALL medical intervention violates your rule...what say you now?

aboutime
07-15-2013, 03:32 PM
ANY and ALL medical intervention violates your rule...what say you now?

Not MY rule. I don't care about medical intervention. Not if I, or YOU happen to be the parent of that child.

Of course. It would be hurtful, and no doubt, highly expensive in keeping that child alive under medical care.

But none of that takes away the emotion of ME, or YOU...just simply deciding. IT HURTS ME TOO MUCH, so that child is suffering too much, and I WANT to take away the pain...I FEEL. Without honestly knowing if the child has A SOUL, or the ability to be ALIVE.

Doesn't matter about any RULE you insist is being violated.

WE ARE NOT APPOINTED BY ANYONE, OR ANYTHING...to decide whether that child should live, or die.

Missileman
07-15-2013, 06:16 PM
WE ARE NOT APPOINTED BY ANYONE, OR ANYTHING...to decide whether that child should live, or die.

Having repeated YOUR statement, I'll repeat mine.

Since ANY and ALL medical intervention is affecting whether or not or even when a child dies, are you arguing it's okay for human beings to interefere to extend, but not okay to interfere to shorten?

aboutime
07-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Having repeated YOUR statement, I'll repeat mine.

Since ANY and ALL medical intervention is affecting whether or not or even when a child dies, are you arguing it's okay for human beings to interefere to extend, but not okay to interfere to shorten?

If you must stoop that low to create a hypothetical. There is no reason to continue unless I say what you WANT to hear.

Missileman
07-15-2013, 09:12 PM
If you must stoop that low to create a hypothetical. There is no reason to continue unless I say what you WANT to hear.

I didn't make a statement, I asked you a question derived from your posts.