PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly Says Possible Sex Abuse Victim Hornbeck Enjoyed Captivity

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHL5xCun6kc

O'Reilly Tries To Justify Heartless Hornbeck Coverage (http://www.newshounds.us/2007/01/24/oreilly_tries_to_justify_heartless_hornbeck_covera ge.php)
Reported by Deborah - January 24, 2007 - 26 comments

Bill O'Reilly would never consider apologizing to Shawn Hornbeck and his family for all his insensitive on air speculation and downright accusations about Shawn and his parents. Tonight, he had two damage control segments on the O'Reilly Factor. In the first segment, O'Reilly tried to compare notes with Arian-Campos Flores, a journalist for Newsweek who has written about the case.Then trying to show what a child advocate he is, BOR debated the value of Jessica's Law with Joann Page, Fortune Society

jillian
01-24-2007, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHL5xCun6kc

O'Reilly Tries To Justify Heartless Hornbeck Coverage (http://www.newshounds.us/2007/01/24/oreilly_tries_to_justify_heartless_hornbeck_covera ge.php)
Reported by Deborah - January 24, 2007 - 26 comments

Bill O'Reilly would never consider apologizing to Shawn Hornbeck and his family for all his insensitive on air speculation and downright accusations about Shawn and his parents. Tonight, he had two damage control segments on the O'Reilly Factor. In the first segment, O'Reilly tried to compare notes with Arian-Campos Flores, a journalist for Newsweek who has written about the case.Then trying to show what a child advocate he is, BOR debated the value of Jessica's Law with Joann Page, Fortune Society

O'Reilly's a nutcase. I thought his comments on Shawn Hornbeck were nothing short of sick.

stephanie
01-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, whatever you think of Oreilly..

It sure seems like he never made any attempt to return home...
I mean the kid is 16yrs old now...

Only time will tell, I guess..

:dunno:

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 08:37 PM
He was 11 years old when he was taken away. You've heard of Stockholm Syndrome, right?

stephanie
01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
He was 11 years old when he was taken away. You've heard of Stockholm Syndrome, right?

Yeah, and?

I said only time will tell..

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, and?

I said only time will tell..

If Keith Olberman had said the same things O'Reilly had said, you'd be a big ol' ball of seething rage about it.

stephanie
01-24-2007, 09:12 PM
If Keith Olbermann had said the same things Oreilly had said, you'd be a big ol' ball of seething rage about it.

I don't give a shit who said it...I have to admit I wondered the same thing...So?

Why don't you just admit why you posted this...

Not that you care about the kid....Just so you can slam Oreilly..

Whatever..

I don't worship either Olbermann or Oreilly....

AS I SAID........TIME WILL TELL

Now go sit in a corner:laugh:

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Who cares about my intentions for posting it. It's a current event, it also has to do with the mainstream media.
I can post it for whatever reason I damn well please.
Now go suck your thumb.

jillian
01-24-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't give a shit who said it...I have to admit I wondered the same thing...So?

Why don't you just admit why you posted this...

Not that you care about the kid....Just so you can slam Oreilly..

Whatever..

AS I SAID........TIME WILL TELL

Now go sit in a corner:laugh:

Hey, Steffie. We all have different reasons for posting stuff. I'm pretty sure that at least some of your threads are intended only to bash dems. So what?

And besides... O'Reilly is an idiot and deserves it. ;)

Hugh Lincoln
01-24-2007, 09:24 PM

I think they're both blowhards with almost no intellectual substance. Then again, that wouldn't be very entertaining for the masses, I suppose.

Gunny
01-24-2007, 09:26 PM

So you're saying you weren't aware of who you were supposed to live with/who your parents were by the time you were 11 years old?

I find that hard to believe.

There's more to this story than meets the eye, and I don't need Bill O'Reilly to point that out.

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
So you're saying you weren't aware of who you were supposed to live with/who your parents were by the time you were 11 years old?

I find that hard to believe.

There's more to this story than meets the eye, and I don't need Bill O'Reilly to point that out.

I was also very gullible and iimpressionable when I was 11.
What did you think of the Elizabeth Smart situation? She was older than this kid. Did you think she stayed with her captors willingly? Got something out of it?

stephanie
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey, Steffie. We all have different reasons for posting stuff. I'm pretty sure that at least some of your threads are intended only to bash dems. So what?

And besides... Oreilly is an idiot and deserves it. ;)

Very true, Jilly..
In fact a lot of my post are posted just to bash the Dems...
I don't care if he slams Oreilly..
I don't care if he slams his head into a wall...

He still needs to go sit in a corner....

:lmao:

jillian
01-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Very true, Jilly..
In fact a lot of my post are posted just to bash the Dems...

I know that babe. :laugh:

I don't care if he slams Oreilly..
I don't care if he slams his head into a wall...

He still needs to go sit in a corner....

:lmao:

I like Bubbles and I think you'll find "he" is a "she". :beer:

Gunny
01-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I was also very gullible and iimpressionable when I was 11.
What did you think of the Elizabeth Smart situation? She was older than this kid. Did you think she stayed with her captors willingly? Got something out of it?

I didn't say I think Horbeck "got something out of it." I don't think anything yet except that I wouldn't stay against my will from age 11 to 16. I'll wait until I hear the story from both sides before coming to a conclusion.

stephanie
01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I like Bubbles and I think you'll find "he" is a "she". :beer:

Oooooops...It must of been the avatar, it looked like a boy....

I have nothing against Bubbles....I'm just sunlight deprived and cranky....;)

:D

Bubbalicious
01-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I didn't say I think Horbeck "got something out of it." I don't think anything yet except that I wouldn't stay against my will from age 11 to 16. I'll wait until I hear the story from both sides before coming to a conclusion.

OK well you're not going to answer the Elizabeth Smart question but the OP wasn't even about what the whole story is with Hornbeck, it's about O'Reilly leaping to his own conclusions and reporting them as if they're tried and true facts. He does that all the time. Plus he's a sicko if he automatically assumes an eleven year old must enjoy being held captive for four years.

jillian
01-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Oooooops...It must of been the avatar, it looked like a boy....

I have nothing against Bubbles....I'm just sunlight deprived and cranky....;)

:D

S'okay, hon!! Maybe we should all chip in and get ya one of those lamps that mimics the sun. We can give ya that and a good bottle of your choosing. You'll be a pussycat in no time. :)

stephanie
01-24-2007, 09:48 PM
OK well you're not going to answer the Elizabeth Smart question but the OP wasn't even about what the whole story is with Hornbeck, it's about Oreilly leaping to his own conclusions and reporting them as if they're tried and true facts. He does that all the time. Plus he's a sicko if he automatically assumes an eleven year old must enjoy being held captive for four years.

I've seen him talking about this case...
I don't see anything in his questions that is inappropriate...He's never said that is his absolute conclusion...
As I said, I've wondered about some of them, Oreilly just spoke them...

He also said if he's wrong he'd apologize....

I'll say this one last time...
Only time will tell..

:beer:

manu1959
01-24-2007, 09:50 PM
OK well you're not going to answer the Elizabeth Smart question but the OP wasn't even about what the whole story is with Hornbeck, it's about O'Reilly leaping to his own conclusions and reporting them as if they're tried and true facts. He does that all the time. Plus he's a sicko if he automatically assumes an eleven year old must enjoy being held captive for four years.

any thing is possible

Gunny
01-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Ummm.... no ..... and no.

I don't recall the specifics of the Elizabeth Smart situation, but IIRC, no real issue of doubt was raised as to whether or not her captivity was voluntary.

O'Relly doesn't report the news. He editorializes already reported news. If you don't like his opinion, fine, but I object to liberals continually stating he "leaps to conclusions and reports them as fact." He is not a news anchor like say Dan Rather:laugh: , charged with reporting factual events.

stephanie
01-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Smokey, hon!! Maybe we should all chip in and get ya one of those lamps that mimics the sun. We can give ya that and a good bottle of your choosing. You'll be a pussycat in no time. :)

Got one of those lamps and the bottle...

But I thought the sunlight deprived excuse for me being a tad bitchy was a good one...

Thanks for the thoughts, though..

:laugh:

jillian
01-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Got one of those lamps and the bottle...

But I thought the sunlight deprived excuse for me being a tad bitchy was a good one...

Thanks for the thoughts, though..

:laugh:

LOL! You are funny, though! ;)

Cheers!

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 10:16 PM
O'Reilly's a nutcase. I thought his comments on Shawn Hornbeck were nothing short of sick.

And besides... O'Reilly is an idiot and deserves it.

Wow Jill... tell us what you REALLY think... :D

O'Reilly is ONLY the HIGHEST RATED SHOW ON CABLE! Explain that. Oh I know... you and your minority are all the smart ones, and the vast majority are all the stupid ones... riiiiiiiiight.

And I think this kid started to like where he was at too. I personally think Bill is right on. This kid had a bike and rode around. He had a girl friend and went to school dances. He had his own computer and was on the internet. I'm c'mon. He had MANY different ways he could have alerted someone as to his circumstances, AND HE DIDN'T.

I've heard his REAL father was a convicted child molestor. So there's a lot to this story. O'Reilly isn't doing or saying a damn thing wrong. Hard questions need to be asked, and answered.

jillian
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow Jill... tell us what you REALLY think... :D

Like you, I always do! :beer:

O'Reilly is ONLY the HIGHEST RATED SHOW ON CABLE! Explain that. Oh I know... you and your minority are all the smart ones, and the vast majority are all the stupid ones... riiiiiiiiight.

Just cause I think the guy is an idiot, doesn't mean I don't see his entertainment value. I enjoyed watching Colbert wipe the floor with him.

And I think this kid started to like where he was at too. I personally think Bill is right on. This kid had a bike and rode around. He had a girl friend and went to school dances. He had his own computer and was on the internet. I'm c'mon. He had MANY different ways he could have alerted someone as to his circumstances, AND HE DIDN'T.

I've heard his REAL father was a convicted child molestor. So there's a lot to this story. O'Reilly isn't doing or saying a damn thing wrong. Hard questions need to be asked, and answered.

Well, kids do a lot of things out of fear. We don't know what he was told would happen if he left or told anyone. And I think the questions should have been about the animal who kidnapped him, not about the kid. Just my opinion.

As for hard questions, well yeah... of the kidnapper. And I don't think O'Reilly is the one to ask the hard questions anyway. :D

Pale Rider
01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Here here... :2up:

Just cause I think the guy is an idiot, doesn't mean I don't see his entertainment value. I enjoyed watching Colbert wipe the floor with him.
Yeah right... :uhoh:

Well, kids do a lot of things out of fear. We don't know what he was told would happen if he left or told anyone. And I think the questions should have been about the animal who kidnapped him, not about the kid. Just my opinion.

As for hard questions, well yeah... of the kidnapper. And I don't think O'Reilly is the one to ask the hard questions anyway. :D

Well, he's a pundit, and that's what they do.

The ClayTaurus
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM

As for hard questions, well yeah... of the kidnapper. And I don't think O'Reilly is the one to ask the hard questions anyway. :DThe Colbert exchange was entirely overhyped and substandard on both sides.

jillian
01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Here here... :2up:

Yeah right... :uhoh:

Well, he's a pundit, and that's what they do.

Heh! :beer:

I'm not sure I consider O'Reilly a pundit. Honest, I'm not really sure what I'd call him.

jillian
01-24-2007, 10:42 PM
The Colbert exchange was entirely overhyped and substandard on both sides.

I thought he did better with Papa Bear on the Colbert Report. :p

I love Stephen Colbert!

stephanie
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM

I love Stephen Colbert!

Now go figure...
I find Colbert too be a pompass ass...:D

jillian
01-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Now go figure...
I find Colbert too be a pompass ass...:D

LOL! I'd take him home in a New York minute! Heh!

The ClayTaurus
01-24-2007, 11:35 PM

I love Stephen Colbert!They both sucked. The Colbert Report felt entirely forced. He had no real agenda other than to pull out little gimmicks. I was actually hoping for something mildly sardonic/witty and all I got was a picture of O'Reilly's face superimposed over a freak. Wow. Funny.

The potential was there, and it just up and sucked. Oh well. Who knows what agreements were made in order for the thing to happen in the first place.

stephanie
01-25-2007, 06:19 AM
LOL! I'd take him home in a New York minute! Heh!

From the looks of him.....I bet that's all he would last....

(runs away Lmao)......:wink2: