PDA

View Full Version : Rep point system

Rahul
06-07-2007, 03:14 AM
What does everything think of the rep point system?

Personally, I think it's a good idea in principle, but not in practice ...

I have observed during my short stay here that some of those who disagree vehemently with one's opinion tend to not make any persuasive counter-argument, but instead descend to making personal remarks and insult mongering, and assigning negative rep points. Most of those who engage in such behavior are of a conservative bent of mind, as far as I can tell, who seemingly do not wish to hear anyone criticize their opinion.

What does everyone think? Is the rep point system really useful?

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Flaming is unwelcome, and I look forward to a constructive debate.

glockmail
06-07-2007, 06:15 AM

I have observed during my short stay here that some of those who disagree vehemently with one's opinion tend to not make any persuasive counter-argument, but instead descend to making personal remarks and insult mongering, and assigning negative rep points. Most of those who engage in such behavior are of a conservative bent of mind, as far as I can tell, who seemingly do not wish to hear anyone criticize their opinion.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Flaming is unwelcome, and I look forward to a constructive debate.

I have NEVER issued neg points to a poster for issuing a valid point.

Rahul
06-07-2007, 07:04 AM
I have NEVER issued neg points to a poster for issuing a valid point.

Many of the conservatives here issue points for something they think is an invalid point ...

What do you think of the rep system? Good idea? Bad? Why, or why not?

shattered
06-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Many of the conservatives here issue points for something they think is an invalid point ...

That's exactly how the rep system is supposed to be used. Good post gets positive rep, bad post gets negative rep. Everyone always thinks they deserve positive rep, nobody ever thinks they deserve negative rep.

shattered
06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
One more thing - this is a post from one of your fellow liberals: No I neg rep for the fun of it and the way it seems to rile some people. I also enjoy reading the neg rep comments i get in return.

Seems that's even less of a reason than neg repping for a point one doesn't agree with, no?

CockySOB
06-07-2007, 07:14 AM
I use the negative rep like an open-handed slap upside the back of someone's cyber-skull for trollish behavior. I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me, just those who do nothing but spam the board with garbage.

We all use the rep system a bit differently because of how we perceive it. I personally try to keep a healthy rep points to total posts ration without posting a pile of "me too" posts. But that's just how I use it. I consider it quality over quantity.

If you don't particularly care for the rep system, ignore it - I know a few posters here who do. It's all good....

darin
06-07-2007, 07:41 AM
It's like "Whose line is it anyway" - the points don't matter.

82Marine89
06-07-2007, 08:26 AM

"Personally, I think..." Isn't that redundant?

This is the internet. Who cares what someone does to you? If you allow it to carry over to the real world, you have issues. The rep points you receive or lose on this forum disappear when you click the little red X in the upper right hand corner. Get over it.

LiberalNation
06-07-2007, 08:47 AM
I like the rep system, fun to read reps.

darin
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
WOW! We all thought you were Dead, LN. :)

glockmail
06-07-2007, 09:41 AM

Personal freedom really sucks for you, doesn't it?

To me the rep system is no big deal either way. If someone says something great, I give them some points. If they're being an ass, I give then neg points. I have given both types to libs and conservatives.

glockmail
06-07-2007, 09:42 AM
WOW! We all thought you were Dead, LN. :) Crashed? Lets see a picture of that mangled bike.

LiberalNation
06-07-2007, 10:23 AM

No, no, I went on a trip. Germany, italy, Sitzerlan, and Austria. Bout 11 long hard days of touring plus two 9 hour plane rides. It was really nice. Got pics if anybody wants to see them.

Dilloduck
06-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I like the rep system, fun to read reps.

I agree-the rep system is a pretty fun game as long as you don't think it accurately represents anything. I would hate to be a referee.

darin
06-07-2007, 10:57 AM
No, no, I went on a trip. Germany, italy, Sitzerlan, and Austria. Bout 11 long hard days of touring plus two 9 hour plane rides. It was really nice. Got pics if anybody wants to see them.

Post-up! :)

gabosaurus
06-07-2007, 11:22 AM

DUDE! I went on the same trip last summer! Since Germany is my maternal homeland (just south of Munich specifically) and my college roommate lives in Milan. Post away! :cheers2:

As for the rep system, it's a game. Too many posters use it to reinforce their political and personal opinions. I have never read any of my "rep comments." Nor do I take the who point value thing seriously.

Rahul
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
First off, I'd like to thank the two who did assign me +ve rep points for this one. I promise to return the favor once I accumulate enough points (and figure the rep system out completely).

That's exactly how the rep system is supposed to be used. Good post gets positive rep, bad post gets negative rep. Everyone always thinks they deserve positive rep, nobody ever thinks they deserve negative rep.

Yes, that is how it's supposed to be used. But, don't you think we should have a definition of a "good post" or a "bad post" here so we can look at things objectively? ;)

For instance, a well made argument (and I am not talking about my posts, or anyone's in particular) in favor of say, homosexuals being allowed to adopt kids should deserve good rep points regardless of what someone's personal beliefs on the issue might be. At least, thats how I think it should work.

What I was referring to was recieving -ve rep points for no other reason other than the fact the poster disagreed with me. Hey, YOU know what I'm talkin about - we talked about this via PM! :)

One more thing - this is a post from one of your fellow liberals: No I neg rep for the fun of it and the way it seems to rile some people. I also enjoy reading the neg rep comments i get in return.

Seems that's even less of a reason than neg repping for a point one doesn't agree with, no?

I agree. I don't know who posted that, but I don't agree with that at all.

"Personally, I think..." Isn't that redundant?

This is the internet. Who cares what someone does to you? If you allow it to carry over to the real world, you have issues. The rep points you receive or lose on this forum disappear when you click the little red X in the upper right hand corner. Get over it.

I never said any of this affected me in the real world.

Personal freedom really sucks for you, doesn't it?

These type of silly, unsubstantiated personal remarks are what should recieve -ve rep points. Engaging in a personal comment without even bothering to address the issue being discussed says a lot about the quality of your argument.

To me the rep system is no big deal either way. If someone says something great, I give them some points. If they're being an ass, I give then neg points. I have given both types to libs and conservatives.

Noted.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 12:35 PM

No kidding, im glad to see that she is still around some where.

glockmail
06-07-2007, 05:01 PM

These type of silly, unsubstantiated personal remarks are what should recieve -ve rep points. Engaging in a personal comment without even bothering to address the issue being discussed says a lot about the quality of your argument.

Noted.

:laugh2:

In one sentence you accuse me of not "bothering to address the issue being discussed" and the second you acknowledge that I addressed it. :laugh2:

glockmail
06-07-2007, 05:02 PM
No, no, I went on a trip. Germany, italy, Sitzerlan, and Austria. Bout 11 long hard days of touring plus two 9 hour plane rides. It was really nice. Got pics if anybody wants to see them. OIC: A trust fund liberal.

How's your carbon footprint now?

5stringJeff
06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
OIC: A trust fund liberal.

:rolleyes:

LiberalNation
06-07-2007, 06:24 PM
OIC: A trust fund liberal.

I'm not green or an enviro hypocrite so wouldn't know.

Trust fund, maybe but my parents aren’t close to “rich”. Went with the school's international club an did a lot of fundraising.

Gunny
06-07-2007, 08:58 PM
First off, I'd like to thank the two who did assign me +ve rep points for this one. I promise to return the favor once I accumulate enough points (and figure the rep system out completely).

Yes, that is how it's supposed to be used. But, don't you think we should have a definition of a "good post" or a "bad post" here so we can look at things objectively? ;)

For instance, a well made argument (and I am not talking about my posts, or anyone's in particular) in favor of say, homosexuals being allowed to adopt kids should deserve good rep points regardless of what someone's personal beliefs on the issue might be. At least, thats how I think it should work.

What I was referring to was recieving -ve rep points for no other reason other than the fact the poster disagreed with me. Hey, YOU know what I'm talkin about - we talked about this via PM! :)

Noted.

Great. Another newbie who wants the board to change to suit him. I have NEVER seen a poster do more crying and whining than YOU.

Rahul
06-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Great. Another newbie who wants the board to change to suit him. I have NEVER seen a poster do more crying and whining than YOU.

Maybe you could address the point being made instead of making vague statements and off topic remarks.

manu1959
06-07-2007, 09:13 PM

i have seen several....

the rep system is what it is.....

manu1959
06-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Maybe you could address the point being made instead of making vague statements and off topic remarks.

do you not want the system changed? are you not complaining about the current system?

Kathianne
06-07-2007, 09:18 PM

Noted.
I'm curious, why do you think your 'take' of how rep system 'should' work, is more credible than others?

manu1959
06-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm curious, why do you think your 'take' of how rep system 'should' work, is more credible than others?

he is ablue stater....they are smarter....just ask em....

shattered
06-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Maybe we could set up a DP storefront? 1000 rep points - $.50? We can purchase personalized smileys, or something. :cool:

manu1959
06-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Maybe we could set up a DP storefront? 1000 rep points - $.50? We can purchase personalized smileys, or something. :cool:

rep me and i will ding anyone you want....

shattered
06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
rep me and i will ding anyone you want....

Oooh! That works, too. You can ask for rep just for being cute, too.. I did that. It works. :D

manu1959
06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Oooh! That works, too. You can ask for rep just for being cute, too.. I did that. It works. :D

it is the avatar.....:poke:

shattered
06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
it is the avatar.....:poke:

It's my avatar, I made it, thus I'm cute by default.

Gunny
06-07-2007, 09:32 PM

I DID address it. You're just too damned dumb to figure it out. Every few months some newby whiner comes along questioning the rep system. I believe shattered provided you with the general rules. You don't like them, tough.

Making the "should we have a set standard for what is and is not rep-worthy" argument is like making the "what constitutes a quality" post argument. It's lame, for people who can't think on their own without something in writing or someone to tell them what they need to do next.

Didn't you get enough attention as a little anti-American brat, or what? All you 've done is whine since you got here.

CockySOB
06-07-2007, 09:45 PM
It's my avatar, I made it, thus I'm cute by default.

But where's the crown? Haven't ya got it back from Gunny yet?

shattered
06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
But where's the crown? Haven't ya got it back from Gunny yet?

No.

Stingy bastard.

LiberalNation
06-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Didn't you get enough attention as a little anti-American brat, or what? All you 've done is whine since you got here.
lol, Oh I'm still here looking for more attention. Seems like I missed some drama while I was gone too, hummph. :dev3:

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
I DID address it. You're just too damned dumb to figure it out. Every few months some newby whiner comes along questioning the rep system. I believe shattered provided you with the general rules. You don't like them, tough.

Making the "should we have a set standard for what is and is not rep-worthy" argument is like making the "what constitutes a quality" post argument. It's lame, for people who can't think on their own without something in writing or someone to tell them what they need to do next.

:clap::laugh2:

Gunny
06-07-2007, 10:31 PM
No.

Stingy bastard.

You just didn't look. It was attached to the pic.:slap:

shattered
06-07-2007, 10:33 PM
You just didn't look. It was attached to the pic.:slap:

Oh. Sorry. I was stunned by the high drool factor.

Gunny
06-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Oh. Sorry. I was stunned by the high drool factor.

It is unbecoming for a Princess to drool.

shattered
06-07-2007, 10:38 PM
It is unbecoming for a Princess to drool.

Quite right. Won't happen again.

Gunny
06-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Quite right. Won't happen again.

;)

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
;)

Princess?

shattered
06-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Princess?

He tagged me with the title Princess a couple years ago, and has been stealing my crown ever since...:cool:

Rahul
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM

Where did I say my take was more credible? I presented my opinion, and backed it up. If you want to, you are welcome to do the same thing ...

do you not want the system changed? are you not complaining about the current system?

I think it should be changed, but am not going to demand this. That it should be changed is my opinion which I stated. That's it.

Rahul
06-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I DID address it.

Where?

You're just too damned dumb to figure it out.

Insults are not required.

Every few months some newby whiner comes along questioning the rep system.

Do you always classify those you don't agree with as "whiners"?

Not at all. I provide arguments backed up with facts, unlike your posts which are full of name calling and seemingly do everything to MISS the point instead of address it, instead preferring to concentrate on the debater's personality rather than the argument being made.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
He tagged me with the title Princess a couple years ago, and has been stealing my crown ever since...:cool:

So he wants to be princess from time to time? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 12:18 AM

Yeah... I'd really like to see the pictures of "Sitzerlan." Where's that?

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah... I'd really like to see the pictures of "Sitzerlan." Where's that?

Hey now, be nice we all make typos :coffee:

glockmail
06-08-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm not green or an enviro hypocrite so wouldn't know.

Trust fund, maybe but my parents aren’t close to “rich”. Went with the school's international club an did a lot of fundraising.

Good for you on the fundraising. But by not being a greenie-weenie you have violated a basic tenet of the Church of Liberalism, and should thus be chastised by them! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
06-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Don't worry, like I said I take as much from libs as I do from cons.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Good for you on the fundraising. But by not being a greenie-weenie you have violated a basic tenet of the Church of Liberalism, and should thus be chastised by them! :laugh2:

Yea what kind of Liberal are ya? Sounds like we are converting you from the Dark Side, slowly but its still progress :laugh2:

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:23 AM

I'd watch it with that particular innuendo.. That boy can crush a tree trunk iff'n he wants. :D

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I'd watch it with that particular innuendo.. That boy can crush a tree trunk iff'n he wants. :D

Hey im just going with what I read :laugh2:

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey im just going with what I read :laugh2:

Then obviously your reading/comprehension skills are slightly lacking, since nowhere did it state he wears it. Merely that he stole it. Major difference. :)

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Then obviously your reading/comprehension skills are slightly lacking, since nowhere did it state he wears it. Merely that he stole it. Major difference. :)

Then why would you steal it? :poke:

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Then why would you steal it? :poke:

Huh? What do you mean why would I steal it? I didn't. It's mine. I earned it.

If you mean why would HE steal it.. well, just to get under my skin. :D

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Huh? What do you mean why would I steal it? I didn't. It's mine. I earned it.

If you mean why would HE steal it.. well, just to get under my skin. :D

Makes no sense why he would want to get under your skin, ive been there not a fun place. :laugh2:

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Makes no sense why he would want to get under your skin, ive been there not a fun place. :laugh2:

I'll be sure and point that out to him. :D

Roomy
06-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Yep, and he wears it too, believe me, he also wears a pink tutu and waves a little sparkly wand around, the hob nailed boots don't quite match the rest of the outfit though:laugh2::laugh2:

Doniston
06-08-2007, 11:44 AM

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Flaming is unwelcome, and I look forward to a constructive debate. I don't use it. It seems to me that the PM system suffices To me the reps are garbage because it is simply a popularity pool. I didn't come here to join a mutual admiration society, but for discussion, Obviously, if you think about it there will be far more that disagree with you than agree. So to be accurate, we would all be in the area of Neg Reps.

Abbey Marie
06-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Perhaps some newcomers give rep based on a person's popularity, but most of us give rep for posts we particularly like. It's a cyber pat on the back, nothing more.

Rahul
06-08-2007, 12:52 PM
It seems to me that the PM system suffices To me the reps are garbage because it is simply a popularity pool. I didn't come here to join a mutual admiration society, but for discussion,

Well said, Sir.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 01:19 PM
I'll be sure and point that out to him. :D

Hell i'll point that out to him.

OCA
06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't use it. It seems to me that the PM system suffices To me the reps are garbage because it is simply a popularity pool. I didn't come here to join a mutual admiration society, but for discussion, Obviously, if you think about it there will be far more that disagree with you than agree. So to be accurate, we would all be in the area of Neg Reps.

So when you gonna start discussing?:laugh2:

CockySOB
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Yea what kind of Liberal are ya? Sounds like we are converting you from the Dark Side, slowly but its still progress :laugh2:

I've said LN is good people even though she can be infuriating at times, and she's certainly an overall moderate - liberal on some issues, conservative on others, dovish on some issues, and hawkish on others.

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't use it.

Well you're LYING AGAIN old man. You've used it plenty, ON ME. Want me to copy and paste all the times you've negged me here to show everybody you're lying?

You got a problem with that lying... don't you. What is this, the third time you've been caught in a lie? Forth?

Doniston
06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
So when you gonna start discussing?:laugh2: I do all the time, but you just don't want to get along do you. For your information there is nothing you can say that I would take as a joke. If you say it, I will assume you are serious, as I will always be with you. I have no sense of Humor with you.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I've said LN is good people even though she can be infuriating at times, and she's certainly an overall moderate - liberal on some issues, conservative on others, dovish on some issues, and hawkish on others.

I feel she is a good person too, that why im nice to her, and im sure we can convert her from the bad Liberal ideals she has :)

Doniston
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Well you're LYING AGAIN old man. You've used it plenty, ON ME. Want me to copy and paste all the times you've negged me here to show everybody you're lying?

You got a problem with that lying... don't you. What is this, the third time you've been caught in a lie? Forth?Yep, do just that since I have never used that part of the program. on anyone. On the open forujk I mhave done so, but never
with that particular program. I don't like it, I don't use it.

OK, Jackass, you said it, now prove it.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Well Pale, he said you can do it so it's fair game.

Doniston
06-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Well Pale, he said you can do it so it's fair game. No, I am challenging him to do so. I know he can't because I have never tried to rep anyone, good bad or indifferent. I never learned how, because I don't like the idea of it. I rea them, I read yours, but did I ever try to rep you back? Nope, not you, or anyone. Palerider is the liar and if he doesn't respond with proof, that proves it.

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
OK, Jackass, you said it, now prove it.

I thought you did. I don't see any. You're still a jerk off though. Talking with little boys about erection contests and how long their cock is. You should be ashamed of yourself. I think someone should turn your crazy old ass in for suspected pedophilia.

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Where?

Insults are not required.

Do you always classify those you don't agree with as "whiners"?

Not at all. I provide arguments backed up with facts, unlike your posts which are full of name calling and seemingly do everything to MISS the point instead of address it, instead preferring to concentrate on the debater's personality rather than the argument being made.

Typical rahul response. You don't like the answer, so you pretend you can't see it.

I don't care if you disagree with me. I call whiners whiners.

You back NOTHING up with fact; rather, lies, and it is THAT I take exception to. If you're taking it personally you must get accused of lying a lot. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I still wanna see the negative reps posted on here :laugh2:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM

Has anyone ever pointed out to you that your head CAN be twisted off your shoulders?:drillsarge:

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Has anyone ever pointed out to you that your head CAN be twisted off your shoulders?:drillsarge:

Not over the internet :laugh2: Besides I think what Roomy staited was far worse then what I asked!

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM

I'm allowed.:fu:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Not over the internet :laugh2: Besides I think what Roomy staited was far worse then what I asked!

Nevada is only so big.

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Yep, and he wears it too, believe me, he also wears a pink tutu and waves a little sparkly wand around, the hob nailed boots don't quite match the rest of the outfit though:laugh2::laugh2:

Those go with the flak jacket and helmet ....

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Those go with the flak jacket and helmet ....

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd just be quiet if I was you ... be quite embarrassing having to explain how some guy in a pink tutu stomped you into jelly with his combat boots.:slap:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But if it makes you feel better, that "pink tutu" looks suspiciously like Wranglers, Ariat lacer workboots, a big-ass buckle and flannel shirt.

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
.... like Wranglers, Ariat lacer workboots, a big-ass buckle and flannel shirt.

Sounds like my daily outfit... :salute:

shattered
06-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I'd just be quiet if I was you ... be quite embarrassing having to explain how some guy in a pink tutu stomped you into jelly with his combat boots.:slap:

Oh, hell. It's *really* unfortunate that I now have a face to put to *that* mental image.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh, hell. It's *really* unfortunate that I now have a face to put to *that* mental image.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!

That was mean :slap:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:42 PM

LMMFAO!!!!!!!

Stone Cold Steve Austin in a pink tutu?

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Sounds like my daily outfit... :salute:

Don't say that too loud ... someone'll call us rednecks.:laugh2:

theHawk
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I've only neg rep'd 4 or 5 people. Mainly the borderline jihadist types and those that insult the military.

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Don't say that too loud ... someone'll call us rednecks.:laugh2:

So... I AM a fucking redneck... :2up:

shattered
06-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I ain't callin ya nothin cept eye candy, since I like my skin intact JUST the way it is. :D

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:48 PM
So... I AM a fucking redneck... :2up:

I hear ya. You could ask shattered if I'm one. She's seen a pic of me.

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 08:49 PM
I ain't callin ya nothin cept eye candy, since I like my skin intact JUST the way it is. :D

We like your character just the way it is too dear... :wink2:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM

Eye candy?:cool:

For nevadamedic and roomy: :fu: who cares what YOU think?

shattered
06-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Eye candy?:cool:

For nevadamedic and roomy: :fu: who cares what YOU think?

Uh huh. If that kinda EC is redneck, I'll take two. :coffee:

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I hear ya. You could ask shattered if I'm one. She's seen a pic of me.

NOOoooooo.... an old Marine Corp Gunny Sarg a red neck?! Surely you jest... :laugh:

We're kindered spirits Gunny. I'd love to have a debatepolicy party, like we discussed long ago about having a usmessageboard party. The liberals would need body gaurds though... :laugh2:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Uh huh. If that kinda EC is redneck, I'll take two. :coffee:

LMAO. Wranglers, license-plate belt buckle, a wife-beater, flannel over it and ball cap. That's about as redneck as it gets.:laugh2:

shattered
06-08-2007, 08:56 PM
LMAO. Wranglers, license-plate belt buckle, a wife-beater, flannel over it and ball cap. That's about as redneck as it gets.:laugh2:

Uh huh. But, there's the face, and the arms, and.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/thud1.gif

Gunny
06-08-2007, 08:56 PM
NOOoooooo.... an old Marine Corp Gunny Sarg a red neck?! Surely you jest... :laugh:

We're kindered spirits Gunny. I'd love to have a debatepolicy party, like we discussed long ago about having a usmessageboard party. The liberals would need body gaurds though... :laugh2:

I can think of a few liberals who wouldn't be real happy to see who they've been lipping off to for several years.

Incidentally, you DO look like one of my drinking buddies in your cowboy hat.

shattered
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Methinks I'd sit in a corner, and just quietly watch. :D

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I can think of a few liberals who wouldn't be real happy to see who they've been lipping off to for several years.

Rest assured... this old cowboy can put away some beer... and I've been known to fight too. At six foot two, 205, and a regular gym goer, I ain't no slouch in a brawl. I'd like nothing more than to look any one of the liberal asscake smart asses here eye to eye and say, "now what was that you were saying?" I guarantee their answer would IMMEDIATELY take a very somber tone... :D

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 09:00 PM

I'd go just to see Gunny's tutu :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Methinks I'd sit in a corner, and just quietly watch. :D

Right.... until about your third toddy, and then you'd be right in the thick of it... :cheers2: - - :laugh2:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Rest assured... this old cowboy can put away some beer... and I've been known to fight too. At six foot two, 205, and a regular gym goer, I ain't no slouch in a brawl. I'd like nothing more than to look any one of the liberal asscake smart asses here eye to eye and say, "now what was that you were saying?" I guarantee their answer would IMMEDIATELY take a very somber tone... :D

Long as somebody holds my hat. NOTHING pisses me off more than some jackass screwing with my hat.

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 09:04 PM

And you MIGHT turn out to be one of those not real happy to see Gunny.

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Right.... until about your third toddy, and then you'd be right in the thick of it... :cheers2: - - :laugh2:

I don't drink anything called a "toddy".. Don't even know what it is. MY floofy drink of choice is Long Islands...

Gunny
06-08-2007, 09:06 PM

My "tutu" is 32-36 Wrangler jeans. And if THAT is what you want to look at, I'm sure there are much safer people than me to try it on. We don't cotton to that "kind" where I hang out.

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Long as somebody holds my hat. NOTHING pisses me off more than some jackass screwing with my hat.

Hey... at $275 a copy, like the Serratelli I'm wearing in that picture, you bet we get pissed off if something happens to it... like TOUCHING it. :D

Gunny
06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't drink anything called a "toddy".. Don't even know what it is. MY floofy drink of choice is Long Islands...

Jeez ... can't you just drink out of the bottle like everyone else? Hell, I'll even try and stir up a coozy.

Gunny
06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey... at $275 a copy, like the Serratelli I'm wearing in that picture, you bet we get pissed off if something happens to it... like TOUCHING it. :D

I've got a black Tyler Stetson @ $275 and I get itchy when people just look at it. I wear a straw during the summer though. You can lose ten pounds in a felt hat during the summer here.

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Jeez ... can't you just drink out of the bottle like everyone else? Hell, I'll even try and stir up a coozy.

No. That's barbaric, and I'm a Princess, remember?

What's a "coozy"?

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I've got a black Tyler Stetson @ $275 and I get itchy when people just look at it. I wear a straw during the summer though. You can lose ten pounds in a felt hat during the summer here.

Oh, geeze. We've got a real mens fashion show going here...

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 09:11 PM

tod·dy /ˈtɒdi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tod-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -dies. 1. a drink made of alcoholic liquor and hot water, sweetened and sometimes spiced with cloves.

I thought you were from Wisconsin. They call mixed drinks toddies up there.

Long Island Iced Teas? Holy friggin' shit! If you can hold those, then you've got a hollow leg. :alcoholic:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh, geeze. We've got a real mens fashion show going here...

You want to talk about us and you don't even know what a coozy is? It's one of those neoprene sissy jackets for beer.

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I thought you were from Wisconsin. They call mixed drinks toddies up there.

Long Island Iced Teas? Holy friggin' shit! If you can hold those, then you've got a hollow leg. :alcoholic:

I don't know what part of WI you're from, but we don't call mixed drinks toddies - they're called rail drinks, or they're called whatever their actual name is..

I didn't say I could hold them *well*. I just said I LIKE them. 2 of them usually has me loopier than shit. :D

Pale Rider

I got a straw for the summer too. I do wear my Tony Lama boots all summer though.

shattered
You want to talk about us and you don't even know what a coozy is? It's one of those neoprene sissy jackets for beer.

Those are called neoprene sissy jackets for beer, here, deary. :poke:

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 09:14 PM
No. That's barbaric, and I'm a Princess, remember?

What's a "coozy"?

Princess? :laugh2:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I got a straw for the summer too. I do wear my Tony Lama boots all summer though.

Reminds me of a song.:laugh2:

I wear Justins mostly, and Nocoma. The fit my feet. Tony Llamas are too narrow.

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM

You have a problem with that? :cool:

Gunny
06-08-2007, 09:20 PM

You're trying REALLY hard to get on my good side, I see.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 09:51 PM
You're trying REALLY hard to get on my good side, I see.

That's my job :laugh2:

shattered
06-08-2007, 09:55 PM
That's my job :laugh2:

Heh. You said being on MY bad side is no fun? Try being on his - I'm a cakewalk in comparison - trust me. :D

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Reminds me of a song.:laugh2:

I wear Justins mostly, and Nocoma. The fit my feet. Tony Llamas are too narrow.

Believe me, I looked high and wide for this particular pair of Tony Lama Buckaroos. I found them in a boot warehouse amoung thousands in Phoenix, Arizona. They're E's. I have feet like a duck paddle. I can't wear skinny boots. Even the E is tight until I break it in. Everything else I wear is EEE.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5042/0183nt2.jpg

OCA
06-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I do all the time, but you just don't want to get along do you. For your information there is nothing you can say that I would take as a joke. If you say it, I will assume you are serious, as I will always be with you. I have no sense of Humor with you.

Who said it was a joke? Its quite obvious you have zero aptitude for debate, you fucking completely suck at debate, typing and quoting.

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Heh. You said being on MY bad side is no fun? Try being on his - I'm a cakewalk in comparison - trust me. :D

Your a cake walk? Can I have a piece of that cake? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't know what part of WI you're from, but we don't call mixed drinks toddies - they're called rail drinks, or they're called whatever their actual name is..

I didn't say I could hold them *well*. I just said I LIKE them. 2 of them usually has me loopier than shit. :D

Might be a generation thing, me being a little older than you... ahem... but yes, Wisconsin is the ONLY place I've ever heard a drink refered to as a "toddy."

Went to this huge club in the Eldorado called Babinga's one night with some friends and we started in on L.I.I.T.'s, I don't remember much after my second one... :cheers2:

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Might be a generation thing, me being a little older than you... ahem... but yes, Wisconsin is the ONLY place I've ever heard a drink refered to as a "toddy."

Went to this huge club in the Eldorado called Babinga's one night with some friends and we started in on L.I.I.T.'s, I don't remember much after my second one... :cheers2:

Bubinga is the nicest club in Reno, we go there all the time. It's really small as a club goes, try the Bubinga punch.

shattered
06-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Your a cake walk? Can I have a piece of that cake? :laugh2:

No.

(I trust that doesn't leave any room for misinterpretation?)

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 10:28 PM
No.

(I trust that doesn't leave any room for misinterpretation?)

Ouch :cuckoo:

shattered
06-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Ouch :cuckoo:

Yer the one askin goofy questions like that, and I'M the one that's cuckoo?

Huh. Go figure.

Rahul
06-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Typical rahul response. You don't like the answer, so you pretend you can't see it.

There wasn't any answer provided in the first place.

I don't care if you disagree with me. I call whiners whiners.

You engage in slur mongering, off topic baits and insults, and contribute very little, if anything at all, to the topic at hand.

You back NOTHING up with fact; rather, lies, and it is THAT I take exception to.

What was false about what I stated? Be precise, less vague, and back up your statement as it is unclear what exactly it is you took exception to.

Gunny
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
There wasn't any answer provided in the first place.

You engage in slur mongering, off topic baits and insults, and contribute very little, if anything at all, to the topic at hand.

What was false about what I stated? Be precise, less vague, and back up your statement as it is unclear what exactly it is you took exception to.

You were given an answer by more than one member. Too bad none of them fall in line with your desire that the board be altered to suit your sensitivities.

I am perfectly capable of destroying any argument you bring forth. It took about 2 threads to figure out your MO. This one's a perfect example. You don't like the answer, you try to pretend it doesn't exist, or deflecting off-topic to preach about what you do or don't like about the other person's style of debate. You're about as sophisticated as the top line on an eye test chart, so give yourself and your overblown sense of self-importance a rest.

Doniston
06-09-2007, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=OCA;74499]Who said it was a joke? Its quite obvious you have zero aptitude for debate, you fucking completely suck at debate, typing and quoting./QUOTE] ----------------------------------------

Well, OBNOXUS,I am proud I don't impress you at debate, as I have said, I don't (and won't)debate. but I do discuss.

as for typing That is not the greatest deficiteI can think of (your oxnoxisity is much worse.)

and as for quoting? Well this was intentional since it bugs you so much
(note the missing bracket)

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 11:06 AM
You were given an answer by more than one member. Too bad none of them fall in line with your desire that the board be altered to suit your sensitivities.

I am perfectly capable of destroying any argument you bring forth. It took about 2 threads to figure out your MO. This one's a perfect example. You don't like the answer, you try to pretend it doesn't exist, or deflecting off-topic to preach about what you do or don't like about the other person's style of debate. You're about as sophisticated as the top line on an eye test chart, so give yourself and your overblown sense of self-importance a rest.

:clap:

Rahul
06-09-2007, 01:56 PM
You were given an answer by more than one member.

Not by you, though.

I am perfectly capable of destroying any argument you bring forth.

There isn't any evidence of that.

You're about as sophisticated as the top line on an eye test chart, so give yourself and your overblown sense of self-importance a rest.

Your personal remarks are not required. Perhaps you could advise why you think the rep system is required instead of making personal remarks which do little to further the discussion at hand.

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Not by you, though.

There isn't any evidence of that.

Your personal remarks are not required. Perhaps you could advise why you think the rep system is required instead of making personal remarks which do little to further the discussion at hand.

Rahul, quit being a bitch and pissing and moaning everytime you get called a little bitty name, grab your balls and take it like a man.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Rahul, quit being a bitch and pissing and moaning everytime you get called a little bitty name, grab your balls and take it like a man.

That's just the type of person he is, he cant help that he's weak. :laugh2:

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Rahul, quit being a bitch

There you go again with the name calling.

and pissing and moaning everytime you get called a little bitty name,

There isn't any reason to tolerate name calling.

Said1
06-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Ok, what's your problem again? Just a short re-cap will suffice.

5stringJeff
06-09-2007, 02:16 PM
For all the info you could possibly need on the rep system:
http://www.debatepolicy.com/reps.php

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:17 PM
There you go again with the name calling.

There isn't any reason to tolerate name calling.

I'll call you whatever name I want here and you will have zero recourse against me. Be a man for once in your life.

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll call you whatever name I want here and you will have zero recourse against me.

Name calling is against Forum rules and will be reported.

Be a man for once in your life.

Your dialogues don't impress me.

LiberalNation
06-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Well that rule ain't quite really enforced too much. least that I've seen. Your just not supposed to get in major flame fest in every thread is how I read it.

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:24 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

In regards to me see if anything comes of these reports ROTFLMFAO!

Stupid fucking dot head.

LiberalNation
06-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh yeah and OCA is special but don't say that it's unfair or ya might get banned or somethin.

Gaffer
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM

If the name fits wear it.

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Stupid fucking dot head.

Insults are not required, and they do get reported.

LiberalNation
06-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Why are you such a strict rule follower. Nobody wants a PC board it doesn't seem like even if some have problems with some aspects.

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh yeah and OCA is special but don't say that it's unfair or ya might get banned or somethin.

He has been reported regardless.

LiberalNation
06-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Sure but report too much and they might rightly say you're abusing the report system.

nevadamedic

Your a baby and nothing impresses you, your here to stir shit up and piss people off, then you run and tell. :fu:

Rahul
Why are you such a strict rule follower. Nobody wants a PC board it doesn't seem like even if some have problems with some aspects.

Rules help to keep the members in line, and the debate civil. They are required to facilitate constructive discussion amongst a wide variety of members.

I hope that helps, LN. Let me know if you have further questions.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Uh oh, I just used the fu smiley, he's probably going to report me :laugh2:

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Sure but report too much and they might rightly say you're abusing the report system.

I disagree. Reporting name calling is not abusing the report system.

LiberalNation
06-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Your right about that but lots of people seem to want to play and not constructively debate or whatever. It does tend to make things more interesting with the name-calling.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Rules help to keep the members in line, and the debate civil. They are required to facilitate constructive discussion amongst a wide variety of members.

Good explanation. :beer:

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Your right about that but lots of people seem to want to play and not constructively debate or whatever. It does tend to make things more interesting with the name-calling.

Yea but some people arn't smart enough to debate so they just complain because they get called names :laugh2:

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Insults are not required, and they do get reported.

Report away Rajiv, see if that gets you anywhere. Now go make me some fucking curry chicken and then go swim in the fucking Ganges river with the sacred cows.

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:38 PM

Eat shit dot head, report that you no proof bringing cow worshipper.

Do you by chance own a 7-11 in the states?

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I disagree. Reporting name calling is not abusing the report system.

Lol, ask the mods about that lol!

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Report away Rajiv, see if that gets you anywhere.

I am not Rajiv. You are mistaken on this as well as a great many issues.

Now go make me some fucking curry chicken and then go swim in the fucking Ganges river with the sacred cows.

Rude remarks and putdowns are common tactics employed by those who have nothing constructive to offer to the debate at hand. Do you have anything constructive to offer to the debate at hand, OCA?

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:41 PM

Glad to . :)

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Do you by chance own a 7-11 in the states?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2::laugh2:

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I am not Rajiv. You are mistaken on this as well as a great many issues.

Rude remarks and putdowns are common tactics employed by those who have nothing constructive to offer to the debate at hand. Do you have anything constructive to offer to the debate at hand, OCA?

Rude remarks are often directed to people who make claims but when asked to offer proof runs like a muslim running from some baby back ribs.

You refuse to debate the issues, so now I gotta fuck with you, deal with it.

Rahul
06-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Rude remarks are often directed to people who make claims but when asked to offer proof runs like a muslim running from some baby back ribs.

Maybe you could articulate what exactly it is I ran from.

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Maybe you could articulate what exactly it is I ran from.

Where is definitive proof of the oil grab and if grabbed where is the oil?

OCA
06-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Glad to . :)

How are those reports working for you Rajiv?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hint, hint.....they will have no bearing on me, hell they likely will be ignored coming from you especially when I hear they are getting about 15 or so a day from you.

Ever hear of the little boy who cried wolf too many times Rajiv?

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 03:02 PM
How are those reports working for you Rajiv?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hint, hint.....they will have no bearing on me, hell they likely will be ignored coming from you especially when I hear they are getting about 15 or so a day from you.

Ever hear of the little boy who cried wolf too many times Rajiv?

Can someone get banned when they make to many reports or do they just ignore them?

Pale Rider
06-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Can someone get banned when they make to many reports or do they just ignore them?

The best way to get an answer to a question like that is to PM Jimmy.

OCA
06-09-2007, 03:09 PM

Banning? I would think that is way too extreme.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Banning? I would think that is way too extreme.

Yea but some people here need it.

OCA
06-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Yea but some people here need it.

Banning should be used as a last resort.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Banning should be used as a last resort.

:wank2:

OCA
06-09-2007, 03:22 PM
:wank2:

Why is not banning someone jerking off? What is the reason you want "some" banned from here?

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Why is not banning someone jerking off? What is the reason you want "some" banned from here?

Why not?

shattered
06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Why not?

Man. Stop being a lapdog already. Sheesh.

Banning IS meant to be a last resort - not just because someones a lib. Shit like that is where the problems get started. I know you've only been here a measly 3 weeks, but with all your following and posting, one would think you'd have picked up on that by now.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Man. Stop being a lapdog already. Sheesh.

Banning IS meant to be a last resort - not just because someones a lib. Shit like that is where the problems get started. I know you've only been here a measly 3 weeks, but with all your following and posting, one would think you'd have picked up on that by now.

I have, I am making an arguement for arguements sake :slap:

Gunny
06-09-2007, 03:45 PM
I have, I am making an arguement for arguements sake :slap:

Here's a simple little mathematical equation for you argument to consider:

Board owners aren't in the power business, they're in the messageboard business and you need members to have a succesful message board. Banning members is counterproductive to that end.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Here's a simple little mathematical equation for you argument to consider:

Board owners aren't in the power business, they're in the messageboard business and you need members to have a succesful message board. Banning members is counterproductive to that end.

I didn't say I am for banning people, I was making an arguement. I think th more idiotic someone is on here, the more fun it is.

shattered
06-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I didn't say I am for banning people, I was making an arguement. I think th more idiotic someone is on here, the more fun it is.

You clearly stated to ban them.

nevadamedic
06-09-2007, 03:53 PM
You clearly stated to ban them.

For arguements sake. If I was for banning people, I would report everything I could and ive never made one report.

5stringJeff
06-09-2007, 06:46 PM
This thread has obviously devolved past the PONR.