PDA

View Full Version : Able-bodied woman wants surgery to make her paraplegic

Marcus Aurelius
07-17-2013, 01:07 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/07/17/able-bodied-woman-wants-surgery-to-make-her-paraplegic/?test=latestnews

Chloe Jennings-White suffers from a rare psychological condition known as Body Integrity Identity Disorder. An able-bodied 58-year-old woman, Jennings-White fantasizes about being a paraplegic and wants to undergo spinal surgery to make her legs stop working, The Sun reported.

An overseas doctor agreed to perform the surgery, in which he would cut her sciatic and femoral nerves. But the operation would cost her nearly $25,000.
“I’ll never be able to afford it, but I know I won’t regret it if I ever can, and I don’t know why it upsets people,” Jennings-White told The Sun.

Personally, I think she should be able to do this... with a very large caveat..

Because she would have 'chosen' to become disabled, she should be forever barred from receiving any financial assistance or benefit from the federal government or any state government that would normally be available to a person with her disability. No handicapped parking... no disability benefits... nada.

Your thoughts???

aboutime
07-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Is it possible to get that kind of operation to remove VOCAL CORDS, for OBAMA, SHARPTON, JACKSON, and HOLDER too?

Jeff
07-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Is it possible to get that kind of operation to remove VOCAL CORDS, for OBAMA, SHARPTON, JACKSON, and HOLDER too?

You made me :laugh: again

Not ever hearing of this I looked it up and the defination of Body Integrity Identity Disorder says a person wants to amputate limbs ( one or more ) and usually knows what ones they want to amputate .So this story is a bit off dead center if I read it right but with me there is always a possibility I didnt read it right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder

Going through severe nerve damage myself I said to my Doc one time (my Spine/pain Doc) that they should just cut the dam things off and his nurse explained to me that her dad had to have a leg amputated and he had worse pain afterwards in a limb that wasnt even there and she told me this is very common, I dont remember the correct terminology for it but it is a real issue

cadet
07-17-2013, 02:49 PM
:death:

aboutime
07-17-2013, 02:54 PM
You made me :laugh: again

Not ever hearing of this I looked it up and the defination of Body Integrity Identity Disorder says a person wants to amputate limbs ( one or more ) and usually knows what ones they want to amputate .So this story is a bit off dead center if I read it right but with me there is always a possibility I didnt read it right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder

Going through severe nerve damage myself I said to my Doc one time (my Spine/pain Doc) that they should just cut the dam things off and his nurse explained to me that her dad had to have a leg amputated and he had worse pain afterwards in a limb that wasnt even there and she told me this is very common, I dont remember the correct terminology for it but it is a real issue

Believe me. I know that kind of pain really well too! Almost lost a leg after my quadruple heart bypass. My leg became infected after the surgery of placing a catheter. My right leg looked like a Huge Smithfield Ham for almost a month.
Pain was so bad. My meds made me think I was in DisneyWorld...where everything looked like Colorful balloons.

Jeff
07-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Believe me. I know that kind of pain really well too! Almost lost a leg after my quadruple heart bypass. My leg became infected after the surgery of placing a catheter. My right leg looked like a Huge Smithfield Ham for almost a month.
Pain was so bad. My meds made me think I was in DisneyWorld...where everything looked like Colorful balloons.

Man I hate to hear that but thank God the doctors where able to save it

aboutime
07-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Man I hate to hear that but thank God the doctors where able to save it

Thanks Jeff. That was the 2nd time I also died in the hospital. Which should help everyone understand why I AM SO HAPPY to be able to make jokes, enjoy living, and watching our 5 grand children amaze us.
Thank God is Right!
I do it every morning when I realize I'm awake.

Gaffer
07-17-2013, 03:27 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/07/17/able-bodied-woman-wants-surgery-to-make-her-paraplegic/?test=latestnews

Because she would have 'chosen' to become disabled, she should be forever barred from receiving any financial assistance or benefit from the federal government or any state government that would normally be available to a person with her disability. No handicapped parking... no disability benefits... nada.

Your thoughts???

All she wants is the benefits. If she wants to be crippled that bad a little jay walking on a busy street will do the trick. She can even sue then. This woman is just lazy, worthless and incredibly stupid.

Little-Acorn
07-17-2013, 03:30 PM

Your thoughts???

Works for me.

It's her body.

As long as she doesn't expect others to pay for her fetish.

aboutime
07-17-2013, 03:34 PM
All she wants is the benefits. If she wants to be crippled that bad a little jay walking on a busy street will do the trick. She can even sue then. This woman is just lazy, worthless and incredibly stupid.

Gaffer. I have no idea how old you are, but. Do you remember when this nation HAD, what were called State Hospital's for the Mentally Disturbed, and the Insane?

Problem is. Since most all of those facilities were closed....across the country to APPEASE the Politically Correct whiner's, and Tree hugging idiots like the ACLU who declared that HOLDING THE INSANE, or MENTALLY CHALLENGED in hospitals was...Against the people's constitutional rights to be FREE to walk the streets, and do whatever they wanted.
One major result all of us get to see each day, since then. Has been SAN FRANCISCO....anywhere you look, on the streets.

This woman sounds like a former San Francisco resident who could be paid to be homeless, CRAP in public, on the streets, and throw herself in front of Vehicles that TALK BACK TO HER.

Larrymc
07-17-2013, 03:43 PM

Your thoughts???

Body Integrity Identity Disorder, Really they got a name for it, I call it Crazy, She should not be able to do it because, She's obviously CRAZY, alert the Liberals this one don't need a Gun. LOL

glockmail
07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Any doctor who would do this breaks his oath and should lose his license: "first, do no harm".

aboutime
07-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Body Integrity Identity Disorder, Really they got a name for it, I call it Crazy, She should not be able to do it because, She's obviously CRAZY, alert the Liberals this one don't need a Gun. LOL

Aren't LAND FILLS created to handle such desperate trash, waste, and garbage? And controlled by another failing aspect of our society today. Called the "EPA"?

Gaffer
07-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Gaffer. I have no idea how old you are, but. Do you remember when this nation HAD, what were called State Hospital's for the Mentally Disturbed, and the Insane?

Problem is. Since most all of those facilities were closed....across the country to APPEASE the Politically Correct whiner's, and Tree hugging idiots like the ACLU who declared that HOLDING THE INSANE, or MENTALLY CHALLENGED in hospitals was...Against the people's constitutional rights to be FREE to walk the streets, and do whatever they wanted.
One major result all of us get to see each day, since then. Has been SAN FRANCISCO....anywhere you look, on the streets.

This woman sounds like a former San Francisco resident who could be paid to be homeless, CRAP in public, on the streets, and throw herself in front of Vehicles that TALK BACK TO HER.

I remember those days. There was a mental hospital in almost every county. There were also almost no mass shootings, beggars and homeless, people running naked through the streets or nut jobs threatening people.

aboutime
07-17-2013, 04:17 PM
I remember those days. There was a mental hospital in almost every county. There were also almost no mass shootings, beggars and homeless, people running naked through the streets or nut jobs threatening people.

Right you are. See what Political Correctness, and lousy educations combined...create for a sick society?

And nobody seems willing to actually PUT THEIR FINGER on the problem. Because they fear being labeled
CRAZY, RACIST, and STOOOPID. Funny how that works, and Actually APPLIES SO WELL these days. Huh?

KarlMarx
07-17-2013, 06:55 PM

Your thoughts???

How is this different from gender reassignment surgery, or what we used to call "sex change operations"? It is the same thing, actually. The patient claims they always "felt" male/female and with little investigation to its cause are allowed to be mutilated by a surgeon.

I think this type of thing, including sex assignment surgery has a serious psychological pathology associated with it. The medical community, under pressure from gay activist groups, commit what would normally called medical malpractice when they indulge people with serious mental problems their most twisted fantasies.

If it weren't for gay pressure groups, this type of operation would not be allowed

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-17-2013, 07:01 PM

Your thoughts???

Sure here's one. Put her dumbass into a mental healthcare facility because obviously "dat biatch is CRAZY" !--Tyr

Little-Acorn
07-17-2013, 08:24 PM

In 1967 two Democrats and a Republican in California's state legislature came up with the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act, designed to end INVOLUNTARY commitments of mentallly ill, alcoholic, etc. people into large mental institutions. The LPS Act was hailed by liberals all over the country as putting an end to eeevil government practices of dictating to helpless victims where they would go and what treatments they would get whether they liked it or not. It was overwhelmingly passed by California's Assembly and Senate, and finally signed by Governeor Ronald Reagan in 1967. Similar laws were quickly passed all over the country, advocated mostly by liberal groups and do-gooders.

The liberal ACLU kept pushing this agenda to get these patients out of mental institutions, and finally resulted in 1975 (coincidentally Reagans' last year as Governor) in the U.S. Supreme Court handing down a decision in O'Connor vs. Donaldson (422 US 563). This Cout decision announced a new Constitutional right: The mentally ill could not be forced to stay in such institutions if they were not an actual threat to others. This opened the floodgates and let huge numbers of patients, in various degrees of helplessness, out of the institutions.

When it was discovered that these laws and court decisions had the effect of putting many people who could not, in fact, take care of themselves out on the street, the liberals did a fast 180, hastily forgot about their long, enthusiastic nationwide advocacy and support of the agenda, and invented a completely new accusation: That it was Ronald Reagan alone who had "kicked all those poor people out of their nice, safe hospitals and made them homeless".

-----------------------------------

From Wikipedia:

The Lanterman–Petris–Short (LPS) Act (Cal. Welf & Inst. Code, sec. 5000 et seq.) concerns the involuntary civil commitment to a mental health institution in the State of California. The act set the precedent for modern mental health commitment procedures in the United States.

It was co-authored by California State Assemblyman Frank Lanterman (R) and California State Senators Nicholas C. Petris (D) and Alan Short (D), and signed into law in 1967 by Governor Ronald Reagan. The Act went into full effect on July 1, 1972. It cited seven articles of intent:

•To end the inappropriate, indefinite, and involuntary commitment of mentally disordered persons, people with developmental disabilities, and persons impaired by chronic alcoholism, and to eliminate legal disabilities;

•To provide prompt evaluation and treatment of persons with serious mental disorders or impaired by chronic alcoholism;

•To guarantee and protect public safety;

•To safeguard individual rights through judicial review;

•To provide individualized treatment, supervision, and placement services by a conservatorship program for gravely disabled persons;

•To encourage the full use of all existing agencies, professional personnel and public funds to accomplish these objectives and to prevent duplication of services and unnecessary expenditures;

•To protect mentally disordered persons and developmentally disabled persons from criminal acts.

The Act in effect ended all hospital commitments by the judiciary system, except in the case of criminal sentencing, e.g., convicted sexual offenders, and those who were "gravely disabled", defined as unable to obtain food, clothing, or housing [Conservatorship of Susan T., 8 Cal. 4th 1005 (1994)]. It did not, however, impede the right of voluntary commitments. It expanded the evaluative power of psychiatrists and created provisions and criteria for holds.