PDA

View Full Version : Rock legend slams Rolling Stone cover

Jeff
07-18-2013, 07:19 AM
By now I guess we all have heard the Rolling Stone mag has decided to put the bomber in Boston on the front page of there August issue, myself if I did read it I would boycott it now but here are a couple takes on it by past legends that have also been on the front cover .

Rolling Stone magazine is helping turn Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev into a cult figure by featuring him on its current cover in a glam, rock-star pose reminiscent of The Door’s Jim Morrison, says legendary entertainer Pat Boone.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/rock-legend-slams-rolling-stone-cover/

Gaffer
07-18-2013, 07:29 AM
I have never bought or read that magazine in it's entire existence. So it's easy for me to boycott that rag. I'm sure muslims and liberals will buy lots of copies, they are on the same side after all.

Trigg
07-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Nuke and I cancelled our subscription to that mag years ago.

It's nothing but trash now and that cover proves it.

Marcus Aurelius
07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Pat Boone, 'Rock' legend? 'Rock'???:poke:

red state
07-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Yep...the good ole days... ALICE COOPER!!!! Never saw Boone perform but Alice Cooper puts on a GREAT SHOW!
http://www.barewalls.com/i/c/498581_Pat-Boone.jpg

Gaffer is correct....the leftist dimocrats are just as evil, just as tyrannical as the muSLUM element underneath B.O. attire. REAL Conservatives can quickly and easily spot them. Our enemies are on the same side and if seems that muSLUMS and libs truly apply the old say: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend....for now." So they work hand in hand till they have wiped the world clean of Christianity. There was once a party who used a charismatic speaker to gain political interest....little did they know that he was more than they bargained for in keeping him under their thumb. This libs are making the same mistake....

aboutime
07-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Most of us already knew that RAG was one of the lasting products of the "60's", Flower Power, Burn-your-bra, San Francisco Drug infested, dirty, dumbness we now call LIBERALISM as instructed by College Professors who still wear Bell-bottoms, and Paisley Bow Ties, with Flip-flops on their feet because....They never learned to tie their shoes since Mommy and Daddy were High on Timothy Leary, and the DRUNK Rolling Stones...who still haven't SOBERED UP.

Nukeman
07-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Nuke and I cancelled our subscription to that mag years ago.

It's nothing but trash now and that cover proves it.Yep we cancelled it due to this cover right here....

jafar00
07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't know why you people give terrorists so much free publicity. It only encourages others to do the same since they know that they will be heard and have their grievances splashed across headlines all over the world.

I'm sure muslims and liberals will buy lots of copies, they are on the same side after all.

Take that back! We disown such disgusting terrorists. They are most certainly not Muslims!

aboutime
07-18-2013, 02:17 PM
I don't know why you people give terrorists so much free publicity. It only encourages others to do the same since they know that they will be heard and have their grievances splashed across headlines all over the world.

Take that back! We disown such disgusting terrorists. They are most certainly not Muslims!

jafar. Think about it! WE PEOPLE here only give terrorists free publicity because we allow you to post here.

Marcus Aurelius
07-18-2013, 02:18 PM

Will you please stop with the 'no one who does anything evil is 'really' a Muslim' thing, please? It's getting tiresome.

Gaffer
07-18-2013, 02:59 PM

I'll take nothing back. Liberals and muslims both have the same goal, world domination. And both think they can control the other after they gain that control. I don't mince words and I sure don't worry about insulting people.

The so called war on terrorism is a misnomer and was from the beginning. No administration has had the balls to call this war what it is. The war with islam. It has been going on for a very long time and will continue for a very long time. You sir are my enemy. Not necessarily a combatant or even a threat. But we are enemies. We are ideologically opposed to one another. As opposite as north and south. Whether you personally want to instill your ideology on others is not important. Your religion does.

You say it's a religion of peace. It was born in war and continues to make war. Plunder, pillaging, slavery, domination and murder are all that islam brings to the world. It's been this way since its inception. you can quote all the hadaiths and scholars that you want. It doesn't change the facts., islam is an evil cult that has grown way to big in this world. It's a cancer that needs to be cut out before it kills the host.

Gaffer
07-18-2013, 03:03 PM
I just heard today that a bunch of stores including Walgreens and CVS are pulling the mag from their shelves. They refuse to sell that issue. The boycott is growing even among the stores. That's great news.

red state
07-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I just heard today that a bunch of stores including Walgreens and CVS are pulling the mag from their shelves. They refuse to sell that issue. The boycott is growing even among the stores. That's great news.

Gaff, that is GREAT news but I imagine that issue will have record breaking sales within the muSLUM and leftist communities around the world. It would be nice if some genious could find the stats on that. Don't bother jafar with it tho....he's still looking for those REAL muSLUMS.

Speaking of which....has anyone found out if jafar has found the REAL muSLUMs? There certainly aren't any REAL muSLUMS in all those countries where Christians and other religions are fleeing due to fear of imprisonment or death. How about it Jafar?????? If you want to run with Antiartica, I'll believe that...I've not heard much from down there BUT I've heard plenty of what's going on in the middle east and such.

I'd say the REAL muSLUMS have found refuge in Western Nations but that isn't true cuz they are all pretty much establishing their own little country from within those countries (with their own law they brought with them).

WiccanLiberal
07-18-2013, 09:20 PM
And Hitler was on the cover of Time in 1933 and was man of the year of 1938 (the issue was January of 1939). Stalin was man of the year the following year. Charles Manson has been on Rolling Stone and Life. Media of all kinds thrive on controversy. Editors don't care about good taste or anything other than the bottom line profits. The sad fact is that they don't create the market for info about scum, they merely fill it. They know that the public will buy their tripe in the hope of learning some 'new' inside information. I wouldn't bother and neither would most here, but there is a ready audience out there.

aboutime
07-18-2013, 10:02 PM
And Hitler was on the cover of Time in 1933 and was man of the year of 1938 (the issue was January of 1939). Stalin was man of the year the following year. Charles Manson has been on Rolling Stone and Life. Media of all kinds thrive on controversy. Editors don't care about good taste or anything other than the bottom line profits. The sad fact is that they don't create the market for info about scum, they merely fill it. They know that the public will buy their tripe in the hope of learning some 'new' inside information. I wouldn't bother and neither would most here, but there is a ready audience out there.

The easily-led, we often call the Sheeple will probably buy their own copy of this because of their ignorance. Combined with anger, and hatred that has pushed them into total dependence on those who take advantage of their ignorance.

Marcus Aurelius
07-18-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q

Anton Chigurh
07-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Somehow not surprising to see Pat Boone called a "rock legend" in the same OP with a link to WND. :laugh2:

jimnyc
07-19-2013, 07:30 AM
7-11 has announced the removal of the magazine from over 2,000 stores.

Gaffer
07-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Pat Boone was on a par with Bing Crosby, Perry Como and Andy Williams. He was a crooner not a rock singer. The few rock n roll songs he covered were at the insistence of the record company.

Rolling stone has just shown that nothing is below them when it comes to making a buck.

Marcus Aurelius
07-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Pat Boone was on a par with Bing Crosby, Perry Como and Andy Williams. He was a crooner not a rock singer. The few rock n roll songs he covered were at the insistence of the record company.

Rolling stone has just shown that nothing is below them when it comes to making a buck.

This is the closest Boone ever got to being a 'rock legend'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Boone

In 1997, Boone released In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_a_Metal_Mood:_No_More_Mr._Nice_Guy), a collection of heavy metal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music) covers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_version). To promote the album, he appeared at the American Music Awards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Music_Award) in black leather. He was then dismissed from Gospel America, a TV show on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Broadcasting_Network). After making a special appearance on TBN with the president of the network, Paul Crouch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Crouch), and his pastor, Jack Hayford, many fans accepted his explanation of the leather outfit being a "parody of himself". Trinity Broadcasting then reinstated him, and Gospel America was brought back.[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Boone#cite_note-Pat-15)
http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/77/27898D868731695EF9E9F0A840642F.jpg

It was creepy then, and it's still creepy

jafar00
07-20-2013, 06:49 AM
The so called war on terrorism is a misnomer and was from the beginning. No administration has had the balls to call this war what it is. The war with islam. It has been going on for a very long time and will continue for a very long time. You sir are my enemy. Not necessarily a combatant or even a threat. But we are enemies. We are ideologically opposed to one another. As opposite as north and south. Whether you personally want to instill your ideology on others is not important. Your religion does.

Why do we have to be enemies? Most people who meet me, leave thinking that I am a nice chap. You probably are too behind your gruff internet persona.

Why can't we disagree without being enemies?

You say it's a religion of peace. It was born in war and continues to make war. Plunder, pillaging, slavery, domination and murder are all that islam brings to the world. It's been this way since its inception. you can quote all the hadaiths and scholars that you want. It doesn't change the facts., islam is an evil cult that has grown way to big in this world. It's a cancer that needs to be cut out before it kills the host.

Islam is opposed to all of these bad things that are happening in the world at the moment. I know you won't believe me because all these funny talking brown people are doing bad things and you blame it on Islam. But Islam is opposed. How can you say the opposite when the evidence is clear before your eyes?

Gaffer
07-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Why do we have to be enemies? Most people who meet me, leave thinking that I am a nice chap. You probably are too behind your gruff internet persona.

Islam is opposed to all of these bad things that are happening in the world at the moment. I know you won't believe me because all these funny talking brown people are doing bad things and you blame it on Islam. But Islam is opposed. How can you say the opposite when the evidence is clear before your eyes?

We are enemies. You would not be welcome in my home. I'm sure your a nice chap. But your a mulsim. That means your my enemy. Your own koran says so. I have no Internet persona. I'm the same here as I am in person. I don't make threats and I don't name call. I don't brag about how tough I am.

islam is the cause of most of the bad things going on in the world. This is clear before my eyes. islam is not made up of funny talking brown people. It incorporates all races. And it is deadly. And your a member. As long as your a member you are my enemy.

aboutime
07-20-2013, 02:26 PM

jafar. Look at it this way. Honestly. Would you invite someone into your home who supports other people who have been sworn to KILL you, and members of your family?
Would you trust them to be NICE guy's long enough for them to whip out their sharp knife...and behead you?
Saying we are not enemies, or acting like we are not enemies has never convinced anyone who is now DEAD, for trusting someone who insisted they didn't want to hurt you....despite what their Holy Book told them to do.